Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 37
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Sports>Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010
longknocker 06:27 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Congrats Greg, Richie, Justin, and the rest of the Bama fans. I got my wish... the better team won.
Thanks, Brent. BAMA/Fl Is Always A Classic, My Friend!:-) Fl. Will Be Back, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
Powers 08:20 AM 10-03-2010
Good game Bama gents. Hope to meet ya'll again in Atlanta :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 08:24 AM 10-03-2010
Now all Bama has to do is get past my mighty mighty Gamecocks next week. :-)

....the funny thing is, some of my Gamecocks friends are actually delusional enough to think South Carolina has a chance against Bama :-) . If they manage to pull it off, it would be an upset for the ages.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:27 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Thanks, Brent. BAMA/Fl Is Always A Classic, My Friend!:-) Fl. Will Be Back, Brother!:-)
:-) Alabama/Florida is fast becoming my favorite game to watch
[Reply]
Powers 08:56 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Now all Bama has to do is get past my mighty mighty Gamecocks next week. :-)

....the funny thing is, some of my Gamecocks friends are actually delusional enough to think South Carolina has a chance against Bama :-) . If they manage to pull it off, it would be an upset for the ages.
There's always a chance to lose when ur playing a ranked SEC team at home. Might be a small chance but a chance nonetheless :-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 09:09 AM 10-03-2010
Eh, Really Urban? Gonna try to do the Tebow jump pass on 4th and goal?

I will say I was wondering if the Alabama defender was going to try to run it out of the endzone. I was screaming FALL DOWN FALL DOWN! 20 YARD LINE!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:16 AM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Eh, Really Urban? Gonna try to do the Tebow jump pass on 4th and goal?

I will say I was wondering if the Alabama defender was going to try to run it out of the endzone. I was screaming FALL DOWN FALL DOWN! 20 YARD LINE!
I hope you didn't wake the kittens! :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:07 AM 10-03-2010
I've a BIL that played at Bama in the late 70's under Bear. He put it very poetically with Chomp Chomp got Stomped Stomped.

Won't be as one sided next year, I'm afraid, when more of Gators have playtime under their belts. A lot of young player that will only get better with each game.

While some may slam Florida as playing poor, I didn't see that. I saw a Bama team that played their best game of the season (so far), against a game, but young Florida team. I'm glad to see this contest come back to regular season! Though, it makes me speculate. Regular season game, then meet again in the SEC Championship, then (with right circumstances) meet again for National Championship?? !!!! Who knows, could happen!!! Would that be too much for one season??? LOL!!
[Reply]
OLS 12:07 PM 10-03-2010
Not me so much, Kid, I saw a Florida that has been hyped since they lost in the SECC game as having lost a ton of great
players to the NFL, but having an even better draft class coming in, and a true quarterback finally, etc....I saw them
exposed as being just a depleted team that was trying way too hard to live up to the off-season hype. I don't mean that
bad, I mean that more from the standpoint of it being the same thing across the USA. It happens to a bunch of athlete
kids when big time boosters and fans get together to talk paper stats and overblow what young human beings are able
to achieve. Florida just came face to face with the fact that they are worse than 2009, have plenty of key players hurt, etc.
Bama is a juggernaut, and as long as they have Saban, they wiill be a juggernaut. He will be able to cherry pick the top
talent in the Southeast and crush all comers. LSU would be that juggernaut today had he stayed. Now out of respect
for Smokin Gator, I will stop bashing his team. :-) Now I will agree that by the end of the season they might get all their
speed back, squeak by the division challengers and limp into the Georgiadome, but I don't see it going any different.
They might score some more points. They are the LSU of the East this year, lol.

OK, game but young is fairly accurate, Kid. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 12:20 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Not me so much, Kid, I saw a Florida that has been hyped since they lost in the SECC game as having lost a ton of great
players to the NFL, but having an even better draft class coming in, and a true quarterback finally, etc....I saw them
exposed as being just a depleted team that was trying way too hard to live up to the off-season hype. I don't mean that
bad, I mean that more from the standpoint of it being the same thing across the USA. It happens to a bunch of athlete
kids when big time boosters and fans get together to talk paper stats and overblow what young human beings are able
to achieve. Florida just came face to face with the fact that they are worse than 2009, have plenty of key players hurt, etc.
Bama is a juggernaut, and as long as they have Saban, they wiill be a juggernaut. He will be able to cherry pick the top
talent in the Southeast and crush all comers. LSU would be that juggernaut today had he stayed. Now out of respect
for Smokin Gator, I will stop bashing his team. :-) Now I will agree that by the end of the season they might get all their
speed back, squeak by the division challengers and limp into the Georgiadome, but I don't see it going any different.
They might score some more points. They are the LSU of the East this year, lol.

OK, game but young is fairly accurate, Kid. :-)
Florida is a juggernaut, and as long as we have Meyer, we will be a juggernaut. He has been able to cherry pic the top talent in the Southeast and crush all comers.

And after LSU's horrible performance at home against an anemic Tennessee team, LSU is wishing they could be the Gators of the West this year. I'll take Brantley over Jordan Jefferson anyday

Looking forward to getting back on the right track this saturday and beating the Tigers in the Swamp

:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:33 PM 10-03-2010
Now out of respect for Smokin Gator, I will stop bashing his team. :-)
No offense taken at all Brad. I agree with most of what you said. I said way back in this thread that this was going to be an exciting year to be a Gator. I still feel that way. I didn't expect us to win them all... just that it is exciting to see this young team develop. If we will stop running Tebow plays I think we will be fine...When Brantley runs the option is there anyone in the stadium who expects him to keep it?

Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Looking forward to getting back on the right track this Saturday and beating the Tigers in the Swamp
Me too brother... me too!!! I will be there for my first game of the year. From what I saw of LSU yesterday I think it is going to be a fun time in the Swamp next week. I love me some 7:30 games too. I will be in rare form for sure:-)
[Reply]
Powers 12:54 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Me too brother... me too!!! I will be there for my first game of the year. From what I saw of LSU yesterday I think it is going to be a fun time in the Swamp next week. I love me some 7:30 games too. I will be in rare form for sure:-)
Oh boy, Gainesvegas better watch out this saturday :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:24 PM 10-03-2010
And after LSU's horrible performance at home against an anemic Tennessee team,
LSU is wishing they could be the Gators of the West this year. I'll take Brantley over Jordan Jefferson anyday :-)
Hoho, we'll see. Just because we can't score doesn't mean our defense won't OWN Brantley and I feel like our defense
will have no problem scoring enough points to beat the gators next week. Or at least generate the turnovers to LEAD
to the TDs that will beat the gators. And by the way, I'll take Brantley over JJ anyday, too.
And hey, if he ever gets a decent snap in the gun, he might scare somebody, lol.

(And not to be too large of a tool, but I'll take escaping with a bizarre win over getting drubbed anyday, too, lol.) :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:34 PM 10-03-2010
He has been able to cherry pic the top talent in the Southeast and crush all comers.
Now wait...I know that this is just give and take, but in order to beat all comers, you have to beat all comers.
Getting their a$$ handed to em twice in a row by bama is not beating all comers. Had either game
been even close I would not be harping on it, but ehhh...But I think it is safe to classify meyer's tenure
as much more successful than Les Miles'. :-)

But as for a cigar bet again this year, no thanks. I didn't like losing the last one. :-)
[Reply]
Powers 01:38 PM 10-03-2010
And hey, if he ever gets a decent snap in the gun, he might scare somebody, lol.
i'll give ya that :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:50 PM 10-03-2010
I certainly hope it's on Free TV or I will have to imagine the game.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:41 PM 10-03-2010
But as for a cigar bet again this year, no thanks. I didn't like losing the last one. :-)
And there you have it, all the confidence in the World. :-) :-)

C'mon, Brad, your boys "will have no problem scoring enough points to beat the gators next week". Put up, Brother!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:54 PM 10-03-2010
I knew that had to be an edit:-):-):-)

When I read that post the first time I nearly threw a fiver bet out there and didn't. Now I wish I would have!!!:-)
[Reply]
OLS 03:19 PM 10-03-2010
Last year I got all "homery" like some do here, and I bet Power that they were going down.
But they didn't. And I had to pay up. It was not so much about the fact that I lost as that
I had to go to the Post Office. Maybe in your small towns this is not a royal PITA. But here in
the rectum that is at the end of the intestine of TN that is I-40, it is no fun & I don't like it.
Anybody that knows me knows I do not like to send five here and five there. I know that
doesn't satisfy Tom, but Tom closed down my French Poarn thread so he does not count this week.

And you're right, Brent, that was a Pre-emptive edit, lol. I knew he was gonna ask if I cared
to put my money where my considerable mouth was.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:21 PM 10-03-2010
I know that doesn't satisfy Tom, but Tom closed down my French Poarn thread so he does not count this week.
:-):-):-) That he did brother:-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 37
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Up