Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 158 of 350
« First < 58108148156157158 159160168208258 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
PeteSB75 07:45 AM 12-31-2009
Volume shoulder and back work this morning. Bent over rows, press, lat pulldowns and upright rows. Damn, that makes for a very tough combo.
The Professor 08:01 AM 12-31-2009
I'm heading in for back ... little worried how this is gonna go given the fresh(ish) ink on my forearm. Who wants to put money on how long it takes for the tattoo to start oozing blood this morning? :-)
Chris. 08:29 AM 12-31-2009
I bet that it doesn't :-)
The Professor 10:27 AM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I bet that it doesn't :-)
And you would be right, sir! :-)

But damn ... the pump on my forearms was insane and it felt like the tattooed arm was just going to explode. :-)

Mediocre day in the gym, otherwise.
icehog3 10:28 AM 12-31-2009
Hope you were blood-free, Dokk.

Great last workout for 2009, rep day for shoulders and legs and had a lot more energy than I thought I would.

Here's to kick-ass lifting and working out to all of us in 2010! :-) :-)
Chris. 10:43 AM 12-31-2009
Hell yea. Hopefully I'll be able to shed the weight I need to in 2010!
PeteSB75 11:45 AM 12-31-2009
I'm with you on that Chris, getting married in July and would like to drop about 25 lbs. So here's to lifting weights and kicking ass!
Chris. 11:52 AM 12-31-2009
Yea, I weigh 225. I want to get down to about 190 of mostly muscle. I at least want to get my stomach in decent shape.
BigFrank 02:36 PM 12-31-2009
Benched last night. Rather uneventful. Just getting some work done.
Bench- 387x3,3,3,3,3
Mil Press
weighted dips
Pressdown
Rotator band work.

Hope everyone has a decent night, just gonna kick back with some pizza and a few guinness' tonight. Gym tomorrow early on my day off most likely.
BigFrank 05:10 PM 01-01-2010
Well last night was about as eventful as it can possible get for a married guy with two kids. I drank two guinness ate a pizza and promptly passed out before 11pm. By passed out I mean no teeth brushing, flossing or any of that. Hope everyone had a decent and safe night.

Trained today at the Hole ( gold's ) I don't know why but today was volume city day.
Rows - worked up to 405
pull downs
more pull downs
more rowing
side and rear delts
calves
biceps
forearms
walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

:-)
icehog3 07:35 PM 01-01-2010
405 rows....Kickin' ass, Frank!! :-)
icehog3 07:37 PM 01-01-2010
Great workout for me today, but it was probably due to adrenaline overload. Let's just say I almost started what would have been the first fight I have been in in a gym for a couple decades, but caught myself before I exploded. I think the prohormones are starting to kick in very nicely, thank you. :-)
The Professor 07:43 PM 01-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Great workout for me today, but it was probably due to adrenaline overload. Let's just say I almost started what would have been the first fight I have been in in a gym for a couple decades, but caught myself before I exploded. I think the prohormones are starting to kick in very nicely, thank you. :-)
Come on, Admiral ... you can't stop there. Tell the whole story, please! :-)
Chris. 07:50 PM 01-01-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Come on, Admiral ... you can't stop there. Tell the whole story, please! :-)
:-):-)
icehog3 08:01 PM 01-01-2010
I loaded some plates (a couple 45s) on the cable rack for tricep pushdowns, as I am strong like bull. Finished and moved over to preacher curls as I was supersetting arms.

These 3 clowns who I already don't have any use for (20 or so, new to having muscles and can't get over themsleves) come over to the next cable stack. The big one of the three rips the plates off the stack, saying something like "stupid f*cking morons, this is how sh*t gets broken". Keeps going on and on, and winding his two toadies up into a frenzy...guess they just can't handle the fact that they can't stack it on tris, and someone in the gym might be a LOT stronger than them. I am staring a hole through the big guy, I think he was starting to catch on. Started towards him to tell him I was the stupid f8cking moron and ask what he was going to do about it. Then I saw, in my head, three ambulances arriving and about 10 hours of paperwork for me. And I let it go. 10 years ago I would have shut him up, but I am older and wiser now.
The Professor 08:09 PM 01-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I loaded some plates (a couple 45s) on the cable rack for tricep pushdowns, as I am strong like bull. Finished and moved over to preacher curls as I was supersetting arms.

These 3 clowns who I already don't have any use for (20 or so, new to having muscles and can't get over themsleves) come over to the next cable stack. The big one of the three rips the plates off the stack, saying something like "stupid f*cking morons, this is how sh*t gets broken". Keeps going on and on, and winding his two toadies up into a frenzy...guess they just can't handle the fact that they can't stack it on tris, and someone in the gym might be a LOT stronger than them. I am staring a hole through the big guy, I think he was starting to catch on. Started towards him to tell him I was the stupid f8cking moron and ask what he was going to do about it. Then I saw, in my head, three ambulances arriving and about 10 hours of paperwork for me. And I let it go. 10 years ago I would have shut him up, but I am older and wiser now.
gulp.
PeteSB75 09:19 PM 01-01-2010
I think you made the right choice, but then I'm old and not interested in fighting. :-) I usually try to be at least cordial to the guys I see lifting volkswagens in my gym :-)
Chris. 03:05 AM 01-02-2010

I'm not that big, so I couldn't piss someone off for putting too many 45's on anything except maybe leg press. I'm not little, but I'm not a huge, muscular guy.
BigFrank 06:06 AM 01-02-2010
Good story there Tom. Does take a lot of control. Shame guys have to be all dick chokers like that in most gyms. That's one thing I enjoy bout my new gym. Its small and a mixed crowed but there is zero BS allowed, and a lot of respect. Maybe next time you might accidently drop some 45's on someone's foot. Because hey accidents happen and we know how sweating you can get while working out.
Chris. 09:17 AM 01-02-2010
Lol I don't even use the safety clamps because once I get going, I can't grip them to take off and put on weight cuz my hands are so sweaty. Lol!!!
Page 158 of 350
« First < 58108148156157158 159160168208258 > Last »
Up