Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 155 of 351
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165205255 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase!
issues 01:23 PM 02-22-2010
This should be my last pickup for a while (my humidor is full!).

Yes that is box #2 of 2008 OR El Triunfadors along with a fiver that includes the soon-to-be-released El Truinfador Robusto (new blend).

They were so good I just had to get one to store away so I wouldn't feel bad about smoking the one I bought last week.

:-)
tuxpuff 01:26 PM 02-22-2010
Beautiful Tony!
mcmoyer 01:26 PM 02-22-2010
Very nice! :-) Does the box have a code or something that indicates it's a 2008 OR?
Starz26 01:27 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by mcmoyer:
Very nice! :-) Does the box have a code or something that indicates it's a 2008 OR?
The stamp is the tob y garcia stamp and not a my father stamp
neoflex 01:41 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by issues:

Yes that is box #2 of 2008 OR El Triunfadors along with a fiver that includes the soon-to-be-released El Truinfador Robusto (new blend).

They were so good I just had to get one to store away so I wouldn't feel bad about smoking the one I bought last week.

:-):-)
Tuxguy 01:45 PM 02-22-2010
Mail just came, please excuse the cell phone picture

issues 01:55 PM 02-22-2010
I cannot locate a stamp on either box.

They were both purchased from New Havana Cigars. Here is the description:

Originally Posted by :
Box of 25 El Triunfador Lanceros (7 1/2 x 38) from 2008 original release, packaged and sealed with a large Humidipak for humidified shipping!

The El Triunfador Lancero was officially announced at the 2009 IPCPR. We still have a few boxes from the original 2008 'secret' release - which have been aged for over a year in our humidor. (we took delivery of them in Sept. 2008)

Well, good secrets are hard to keep. When word about this small batch release by Pete Johnson hit - the wait was on for this new blend to start shipping. Available in very small quantities - this lancero was created to establish the El Triunfador name from it's Cuban past. Another old Cuban brand name brought to life again. The papeleta design was taken from the original cuban artwork. For this lancero, the packaging is simple. 25 Cigars are bound by a ribbon and wrapped in wax paper inside a simple, vertical box with a slide top. Padded inside, at the top and bottom for shipping - these pigtail lanceros are safe and ready to enjoy.

According to Pete, this blend is for the lancero only. If El Triunfador is turned into an entire brand - the blend and packaging will change for the other sizes. Just released in Sept. 2008 - this vitola is available at only a few vendors and will continue to be made "in small quantities here and there".

With a naturally dark, Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and all Nicaraguan filler - this cigar offers a taste profile that is sure to be a hit.
Unfortunately, they are no longer listed on the site as they have sold out on the ORs although they do still have El Truinfadors available for purchase with the free 4 sticks.
issues 01:58 PM 02-22-2010

I just noticed I posted the wrong number.

Apparently I can't count even with the picture right in front of me...

BTW, nice pickup Jason, those Oliva Masterblends are tasty!!!
Kreth 01:58 PM 02-22-2010
So, cooler, vino, or Aristocrat? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Emjaysmash 01:59 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Tuxguy:
Mail just came, please excuse the cell phone picture

You're excused.

Nice pick-ups!!
alpha8a 02:20 PM 02-22-2010
Ooooh Master Blends!
bscottskangum 02:22 PM 02-22-2010
Just got this in the mail...not much compared to some of the pickups on here lately but I thought I would share.

issues 02:29 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by bscottskangum:
Just got this in the mail...not much compared to some of the pickups on here lately but I thought I would share.

Totally Awesome Barry! :-)

I was an idiot for not picking up the cutter!!! :-)
Chris. 02:31 PM 02-22-2010

That means mine should be here today! Woot! My cooler is full; I gotta buy a bigger one to put the triunfadors in. Dan told me the difference in the 08 OR and the rerelease has something to do with the stamp or sticker on the box...
TripleF 02:37 PM 02-22-2010
This thread is not benificial to holding the reigns on finances.

Nice score boyz!! :-)
issues 02:45 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
That means mine should be here today! Woot! My cooler is full; I gotta buy a bigger one to put the triunfadors in. Dan told me the difference in the 08 OR and the rerelease has something to do with the stamp or sticker on the box...
Here's the sticker on both boxes:

Hope yours made it Chris! I had to call my post office as my mailman didn't leave it on my doorstep and I knew it was on his truck due to the tracking info.

They called him and he came back to my house within minutes. He said he had it in a pile to deliver to another house!!! :-)

I nearly flipped out on him!
mcmoyer 02:51 PM 02-22-2010
I cannot locate a stamp on either box.
Just curious...they will be wonderful!

issues 02:55 PM 02-22-2010
Just curious...they will be wonderful!

Box 1 is already being smoked and they are incredible!

I don't even think the delivery truck made it out of my neighborhood before I lit one up!

mcmoyer 03:07 PM 02-22-2010
Box 1 is already being smoked and they are incredible!

I don't even think the delivery truck made it out of my neighborhood before I lit one up!

I have an unscathed box I picked up this time last year & have been starting to drool uncontrollably since you posted the picture of your first box.

I don't know when they were made though...that's why I'm curious.
Chris. 03:21 PM 02-22-2010
When I get mine we'll compare. :-)
Page 155 of 351
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165205255 > Last »
Up