Page 154 of 350
« First < 54104144152153154 155156164204254 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 09:18 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Cardio is overrated lol!
I know! :-)
DavenportESQ 11:40 PM 12-08-2009
Finally got back in the gym today. Did Mostly machine chest stuff, felt really good. Did a little CG bench and felt good. but I didn't even try to attempt real bench pressing, I could tell I still have some issues....Tomorrow shoulders/arms or maybe full body day
PeteSB75 07:08 AM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Cardio is overrated lol!

Yes right now my routine looks like this
Mon-Squat, Deadlift, Abs, lower body assistance
Wed- Bench, Tricep / assistance
Fri-Row, Mil Press, Upper back and Biceps ( been doing grip work on this day also recently )

Some guys Do not like Deadlifting and Squating in the same day. If you did not want to do that I would just Squat bench then pull and toss mil in after your deadlifts or something.
I'm fine with squatting and deadlifting on the same do, do it now. Looks like a good split. I'm planning to take the week of christmas off, so I'll switch up after that. Thanks!

Just spin this morning for me.
PeteSB75 07:02 AM 12-10-2009
Deloading back day. HS low row, lat pulldowns, t-bar rows. Finished up with dips.
The Professor 07:26 AM 12-10-2009
fell down the stairs last night; but I still went in to do some cardio and that circuit (the one I did monday). it was fine. my conditioning is already improving. I'll keep this up the rest of the week/weekend and start actually lifting again next week. I'll probably do a standard 4-day split this first week, just to see where I'm at with each lift. then I'll get going on something like a westisde program (maybe).

oh ... and I think I have a lifting partner for chest days now. more on that later....
DavenportESQ 08:40 AM 12-10-2009
Got a nice little shoulder workout yesterday

Did 4-5 sets of 15-20 reps

DB Shoulder Press
Bradford Press
Front Delt Raises
Side Delt Raises
Upright Row
Shrugs
Sitting Maching Shoulder PRess
icehog3 08:46 AM 12-10-2009
Fell down the stairs? What's going on down there, Dokk?

Hoping to be well enough to get back into the gym next week, miss it lots.
The Professor 08:56 AM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:

I just slipped ... it was stupid. I usually fall going *up* the stairs. I probably should have grabbed a better pain killer for today. Sitting in this chair in my classroom is starting to hurt. But like I've said before, I'm a p*ssy. :-)
icehog3 09:10 AM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I just slipped ... it was stupid. I usually fall going *up* the stairs. I probably should have grabbed a better pain killer for today. Sitting in this chair in my classroom is starting to hurt. But like I've said before, I'm a p*ssy. :-)
I've got Vicodin. :-) :-)
The Professor 09:26 AM 12-10-2009
I've got Vicodin. :-) :-)
DrMS left a percocet out for me; but I forgot to grab it. :-)
icehog3 09:29 AM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
DrMS left a percocet out for me; but I forgot to grab it. :-)
Newman!
The Professor 09:31 AM 12-10-2009
Newman!
:-):-):-)
PeteSB75 10:19 AM 12-10-2009

Hopefully all those MAWs heading your way will help dull the pain...
BigFrank 03:30 PM 12-10-2009
Press was last night
465x1 I dont remember if this was a PR or not, but it was heavy and it felt slow as hell
Incline
Weighted Dips
High rep Cables

Nothing special other than the heavy bench night. Going to deload/volume work for a few weeks then roll back into it hardcore again. May just do some light band pressing.

Dokk you should try Westside for skinny bastards, its a decent program. It pretty much is westside for drug free guys. Original westside is designed for top of the line athletes and guys who do a ton of test.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles.html
icehog3 07:57 PM 12-10-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Hopefully all those MAWs heading your way will help dull the pain...
I know the cigars you sent me sure helped, Pete. :-)
PeteSB75 06:38 AM 12-11-2009
I know the cigars you sent me sure helped, Pete. :-)
Don't spend that money all in one place though :-)
BigFrank 09:17 AM 12-12-2009
Assistance stuff last night. No Military Pressing, shoulders were rather sore from heavy benching.
icehog3 09:19 AM 12-12-2009
Thinking tomorrow may be my return day to the gym after 12 days recovering from my leg injury/infection. Wish me luck. :-)
The Professor 10:55 AM 12-12-2009
Thinking tomorrow may be my return day to the gym after 12 days recovering from my leg injury/infection. Wish me luck. :-)
wishing luck, Admiral. :-)

just got back. cardio, random lifts (good AMs, chest press, shrugs), cardio.

time to eat. :-)
PeteSB75 06:40 AM 12-14-2009
So I was planning to take the week between Christmas and New Year's off from the gym, since I'll be traveling and all. I guess different plans were made. I was chopping carrots last night for a salad, Sarah's parents were coming for dinner. I was apparently not paying enough attention and took off a sizable chunk of my left thumb. Luckily Sarah's mom is a nurse, so after we decided that the hospital wouldn't be able to do much for me other than bandage, we made a quick trip to CVS for supplies, patched me up, and had dinner, only slightly delayed...

In any case, I won't be lifting for at least a week, maybe more, depending on how long this takes to heal up. I'm going to try going to spin on Wednesday, but since my office Christmas party is Tuesday night, I'm guessing that won't happen, so I'm actually off for the week.
Page 154 of 350
« First < 54104144152153154 155156164204254 > Last »
Up