Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 153 of 350
« First < 53103143151152153 154155163203253 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
DavenportESQ 12:52 PM 11-27-2009
I haven't gone to the drs. yet. and Prob. won't

Im haven't been back, but going to go this afternoon. Im going to just take Bench Pressing out of my workout and focus on some imbalances I have Biceps, hamstrings etc.

Prob. hit a lot of shoulders and back
BigFrank 07:59 PM 11-27-2009
Assistance tonight...Nothing special...
First time I've stepped on a scale in weeks.
What I was hoping to weigh (~245)
What I actually weighed (253.7)

God damnit. Im going to chalk a good bit of that up to turkey day. And the outrageous amounts of pipe / ice cream/ and beer I've consumed in the last 36 hours.

Feeling like a Bloatmonster. And looking like one too.
PeteSB75 11:15 AM 11-28-2009
Managed not to overeat on Thursday, was good. Too much starchy food though, and not enough veggies.

Doc says my blood pressure is too high at 140/90 and I need to bring it down, so I'm going to have to increase the amount of cardio I do. To that end, spin kicked my ass this morning. Getting older sucks.
icehog3 01:59 PM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Managed not to overeat on Thursday, was good. Too much starchy food though, and not enough veggies.

Doc says my blood pressure is too high at 140/90 and I need to bring it down, so I'm going to have to increase the amount of cardio I do. To that end, spin kicked my ass this morning. Getting older sucks.
Just wait, Pete! :-)
BigFrank 07:19 AM 11-29-2009

Sorry to hear that. You think it's entirely fitness level? Or are there stress / genetic issues that might also be causing it?
I'm pretty lucky my blood pressure, cholesterol and all that other crap are perfect. Actually last time I went my Dr. was kind of confused about my weight and not having issues with blood pressure. My cholesterol was actually below normal, which was hard to believe with the red meat in my diet etc.
PeteSB75 06:08 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sorry to hear that. You think it's entirely fitness level? Or are there stress / genetic issues that might also be causing it?
Stress and genetic issues are definitely contributing, both my dad and grandfather are on BP meds, my dad since his late 20s.

Weight/fitness/diet are the only things I can control. So I'll do what I can with those and see how I do after a few months. I'm going to do everything possible to avoid going on BP meds.

Anyway, higher volume leg day today, squats, deads, finished off with some adduction/abduction work.
PeteSB75 06:35 AM 12-01-2009
Apparently I killed the thread with all the medical talk :-)

Was supposed to be a heavy chest day today, took me a while to get into it. Flat bench was off, did 185x5,195x4,4. Almost lost the last rep of the second set. Incline was better. 175x5,185x5,5. Finished off with some bar curls. Very tired today.
BigFrank 02:23 PM 12-01-2009
Nah everyone is in Turkey Day slumps I suppose.
Last night was squat pull.
Squat 415( I think )x2,2,2,2,2 Form work was the key tonight. Next week 20-30lbs more and more volume and more form work !!!! hurray!!!!

Pull 617x1 (PR) Lack luster bullshit Squat work made me destroy the pull. This was done with a 1 3/4" handle bar. So I have no idea what the carry over would be with a comp bar. Grip is there x10

Reverse Hyper
abs
GHR ( I suck at these )

Next week no pulling and squat form x10
PeteSB75 06:44 AM 12-02-2009
Nice pull Frank! Spin for me this morning, sweating my a$$ off.
PeteSB75 07:13 AM 12-04-2009
Heavy back day this morning. Nothing too special, bent over rows, lat pulldowns, HS low rows, finished up with some dips. Herfing tonight!:-)
BigFrank 05:38 PM 12-04-2009
Heavy back day this morning. Nothing too special, bent over rows, lat pulldowns, HS low rows, finished up with some dips. Herfing tonight!:-)
Nice! Get that row going. Don't be afraid to go a little heavy, use a little body english if need be.

Wed was Bench day
435x1,1,1 Meh
Incline
Weighted dips
Cables
I think that's all that I did...lol

Tonight was assistance night.
Rows
Mil Press
Chain Snatches ( describe these later )
Band pull aparts
pull ups
grip work
bicep stuff

Chain snatches, These are like an upright row/rear delt/ lateral exercise. Well make a long story short, we have some anchor chain, must be 1 inch diameter links at least. 1 length I would say weighs 50-60 pounds. So what we do is grab the chain a little wider than shoulder width, and pull it up and when you get to your collar bone you try to rip the chain up and apart. SO, yeah it really has no name, and it's some crazy exercise. Only thing I know is it hammers my middle delts, traps, and rear delts. I like it, plus its a chain which makes it hardcore.
PeteSB75 03:03 PM 12-06-2009
Nice! Get that row going. Don't be afraid to go a little heavy, use a little body english if need be.
Up to about 185 last time. Getting a little shoulder work on it to get it started moving. Definitely a tough exercise.

Originally Posted by :
Chain snatches, These are like an upright row/rear delt/ lateral exercise. Well make a long story short, we have some anchor chain, must be 1 inch diameter links at least. 1 length I would say weighs 50-60 pounds. So what we do is grab the chain a little wider than shoulder width, and pull it up and when you get to your collar bone you try to rip the chain up and apart. SO, yeah it really has no name, and it's some crazy exercise. Only thing I know is it hammers my middle delts, traps, and rear delts. I like it, plus its a chain which makes it hardcore.
Sound like fun :-)

Cutting back to 3 lifting days a week again, to give me more cardio days, so full body today. Squats, press and dead today. Squats felt very heavy at 315/335, so I didn't push weight. Press was good at 135x5,4. Dead, also good at 315x2,1. First time I've done that much without straps, thanks to a little chalk from Frank :-)
BigFrank 03:24 PM 12-06-2009
I would recommend treating the row like the other compound movements, high weight low reps.
You can always do some t bar rows or chest supported rows for hypertrophy, but the free weight row should be done for power IMHO.

Glad to be of help there brother. Might be worth following a template similar to me. Squat and pull on one day then bench then mil press / assistance. At first it was rough because of the volume and time spent at the gym, but Im enjoying my time away from the gym now.
The Professor 04:59 AM 12-07-2009
Heading in for the first time in a while. Between travel for work and travel for bereavement, it's been a while 5 weeks. I think I've managed to spend maybe 3 days in the gym in the last month (plus another 3 days at a hotel gym). PLUS, before that 5 weeks, I spent little time in due to being sick as a dog.

So what's happened to my body? Went from respectably strong for a fatty to just a fatty. Went from regular fatty to orca fat. Oh ... and I'm sure my endurance is shot to sh*t (not that it was stellar to begin with).

My road to recovery? This week is about loosening the body back up with cardio, stretching, and the Couture circuit workout. I'll probably do this circuit today, wednesday, and friday, with cardio (recumbent) before and after. tuesday, thursday, and next weekend will be just cardio and abs.

Next week, I'll start the Westside again. :-)
BigFrank 02:30 PM 12-07-2009
Better man up Dokk
The Professor 02:47 PM 12-07-2009
Better man up Dokk
:-)

I'm working on it. This morning's cardio + conditioning kicked my ass big time. LoL! It was not pretty....
The Professor 07:28 AM 12-08-2009
believe it or not, I'm sore from yesterday and I didn't do sh*t. :-) I guess that's what taking so much time off does to you.

cardio, abs, and cardio today -- 20 minutes recumbent, 160+ weighted reps (100 cable rope crunches, 30 pull-down abs, and 30 db oblique raises), then another 20 minutes of recumbent.

I'll try that circuit again tomorrow....
PeteSB75 07:38 AM 12-08-2009
I would recommend treating the row like the other compound movements, high weight low reps.
You can always do some t bar rows or chest supported rows for hypertrophy, but the free weight row should be done for power IMHO.

Glad to be of help there brother. Might be worth following a template similar to me. Squat and pull on one day then bench then mil press / assistance. At first it was rough because of the volume and time spent at the gym, but Im enjoying my time away from the gym now.
I'm shifting to 3 days/week again, just because I want the extra day for cardio to try and bring my BP down. So, I need to adjust my split. So, you squat and pull, then bench and other chest, then press/back stuff?

Deloading this week - bench, incline bench, curls. In and out in < 1 hr including stretching.
Mugen910 08:09 AM 12-08-2009
dropped a 5lb plate right on my big toe while working out in my buddy's basement. :-) You gotta see my toe..:-)

My routine consists of:
squats + shoulder press
bicep curls, overhead tricep extensions?
Row then chest press (w/elastic bands)

I'm assuming I need to throw in some ab workouts eventually :-)
BigFrank 06:39 PM 12-08-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
:-)

I'm working on it. This morning's cardio + conditioning kicked my ass big time. LoL! It was not pretty....
Cardio is overrated lol!
I'm shifting to 3 days/week again, just because I want the extra day for cardio to try and bring my BP down. So, I need to adjust my split. So, you squat and pull, then bench and other chest, then press/back stuff?

Deloading this week - bench, incline bench, curls. In and out in < 1 hr including stretching.
Yes right now my routine looks like this
Mon-Squat, Deadlift, Abs, lower body assistance
Wed- Bench, Tricep / assistance
Fri-Row, Mil Press, Upper back and Biceps ( been doing grip work on this day also recently )

Some guys Do not like Deadlifting and Squating in the same day. If you did not want to do that I would just Squat bench then pull and toss mil in after your deadlifts or something.
Page 153 of 350
« First < 53103143151152153 154155163203253 > Last »
Up