Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 152 of 352
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202252 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
jluck 06:35 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I got myself in a bind this week.
Ordered a bunch of ammo, to include .40 caliber.
Problem lies with me having a .380, 9mm, .45 and AR for firearms.
As you can see, I don't list owning a .40

I approached my wife and explained to her that as the problem solver I am, I quickly figured out how to resolve this.
(off to the gun show tomorrow and get a Glock 27, Baretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact or a Springfield XD Essential).
Problem solved.:-)
I often buy ammo for a gun I don't have yet.....I'm glad too see another who thinks alike. I even bought up some .50 BMG before the price hike....:-)
Blueface 02:33 PM 07-28-2012
Me stupid? Maybe. Dumb? Never!

Went to show, bought 9mm instead of .40 I went looking for.
I had three in mind and immediately ruled out the Springfield and the Baretta as much bulkier than I want for South Florida weather concealed carry.
While I am a big Glock fan, the 27 is also bigger than what I sought.
Almost as I was ready to leave, I pass by the last vendor who had a massive set up and took up 25% of this large building.
There I saw and picked up S&W M&P Shield in 9 mm.
Guy talked me out of .40 due to recoil.
What a great feeling gun. Perfect for what I need for concealed.
As hard as this gun is to find, was surprised to see it there for such a great price.

Why not dumb? I still need that .40 pistol.:-)
big a 02:49 PM 07-28-2012
The shield Looks like a great gun for carry. I'm interested to hear how you like to carry it and how it does at the range. What kind of holster are you going with?
Blueface 02:51 PM 07-28-2012
Originally Posted by big a:
The shield Looks like a great gun for carry. I'm interested to hear how you like to carry it and how it does at the range. What kind of holster are you going with?
Got two.
Picked up a cheapo with clip for either inside or outside pants and then picked up a Don Hume that is made for Glock 27 but seems to fit it fine.
Nice reddish brown leather holster.

May shoot it tomorrow. Will let you know.
It just feels amazing in my hands.
big a 03:03 PM 07-28-2012
Got two.
Picked up a cheapo with clip for either inside or outside pants and then picked up a Don Hume that is made for Glock 27 but seems to fit it fine.
Nice reddish brown leather holster.

May shoot it tomorrow. Will let you know.
It just feels amazing in my hands.
Nice, I still haven't seen one in person yet. The first two months when they came out I went looking for one an everywhere was sold out. I ended up with an lcp for the back pocket carry instead.
Blueface 03:10 PM 07-28-2012
Nice, I still haven't seen one in person yet. The first two months when they came out I went looking for one an everywhere was sold out. I ended up with an lcp for the back pocket carry instead.
Ironic.
I got this to alternate with my LCP, to have something close in size and comfort but with more punch without the recoil.
BTW, I changed my spring on my LCP from standard 9lb to a Wolf 11 lb and what's difference it has made in reduced recoil. Just a tad harder on the slide pull but well worth the $8.
I highly recommend it. I also got the 12 lb but haven't tried that one yet to compare.
big a 03:17 PM 07-28-2012
Ironic.
I got this to alternate with my LCP, to have something close in size and comfort but with more punch without the recoil.
BTW, I changed my spring on my LCP from standard 9lb to a Wolf 11 lb and what's difference it has made in reduced recoil. Just a tad harder on the slide pull but well worth the $8.
I highly recommend it. I also got the 12 lb but haven't tried that one yet to compare.
Interesting as I have an issue with the recoil. I have large hands and can only get a finger and a half on the grip. I did get the mag extension to help. I will have to try out one of the springs. Which wallet holster did you go with? I'm considering a new one.
Blueface 03:23 PM 07-28-2012
Interesting as I have an issue with the recoil. I have large hands and can only get a finger and a half on the grip. I did get the mag extension to help. I will have to try out one of the springs. Which wallet holster did you go with? I'm considering a new one.
I use this one.
$49.95 and truly well made. Looks just like a wallet. Set up like a flap that gives way to th holster as you draw.

http://shop.talontraininggroup.com/R...ster-LCPWH.htm
Blueface 03:25 PM 07-28-2012
I also use this one at times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OC:US:3160
Blueface 03:27 PM 07-28-2012
Spring.
FYI, standard on LCP is 9lb.

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=52
Blueface 03:28 PM 07-28-2012
Shield in Don Hume.
Couple of quick crappy photos.

Blueface 11:32 AM 07-29-2012
This is how thin this gun is.

Better quality photo.

Off to range shortly to shoot it.
Really happy with purchase.
big a 09:42 PM 07-30-2012

Off to range shortly to shoot it.
Really happy with purchase.
How did you like it at the range?
pektel 10:04 PM 07-30-2012
I prefer not to post pics of my firearms online. The proverbial "ace in the hole" as it were. :-)
Blueface 06:26 AM 07-31-2012
How did you like it at the range?
Son and I both enjoyed it very much.
Shot it at 20' and 25'
Quite accurate.
Truly a pleasure to shoot with very minimal recoil likely due to fact although small and thin, it carries some nice weight.
Also very comfortable inside the pants with holster.
Highly recommend this gun.
Blueface 06:26 AM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
I prefer not to post pics of my firearms online. The proverbial "ace in the hole" as it were. :-)
Thanks for the review.
elderboy02 07:10 AM 07-31-2012
My boss asked me to "Get Rid" of 3 old laptops for him. I told him that I would do that. I took the laptops up to my land this past weekend. Lets see what a 12ga shotgun will do to them :-):

Laptop 1:

Laptop 2:

Laptop 3:

Blueface 09:21 AM 07-31-2012
No personal information security concerns there.:-)
357 10:59 AM 07-31-2012
Dan, you should start a data destruction company. The fees will more than cover the ammo, plus you might be able to scrap any leftover metal. :-)
elderboy02 12:24 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by 357:
Dan, you should start a data destruction company. The fees will more than cover the ammo, plus you might be able to scrap any leftover metal. :-)
Awesome idea! :-)
Page 152 of 352
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202252 > Last »
Up