Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 150 of 352
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200250 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
0002S 07:44 PM 07-01-2012
CZ-82

P64
Stevez 06:53 AM 07-02-2012
Understand fully; probably too much, but I've always wanted one and saved for it for some time. Probably be my only one, but that's ok.

Originally Posted by TJarv:
That's what I really wanted just couldn't squeeze that into the budget

emopunker2004 10:03 AM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by LockOut:
looking at a new nano. Anyone had oen yet. tired of carrying a 229 in the heat.
Tom I too was looking at the Nano a while back. I wound up going for the Kahr CM9 though because of some of the issues I was reading about on the nano. Too me the nano was just too new for me. I usually like to sit back a while and let the company fix issues that come up after launch. :-)

DSC_3809 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Blueface 05:27 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Guys, I have always wanted to buy a Colt Single Action Army and have been searching for some time for exactly what I wanted. Anyway, took the plunge this past Friday and ordered one directly from the Colt's Custom shop. Ordered a Colt SAA Peacemaker in nickel, 45 caliber with Ivory grips. Now the wait begins. 250 days estimated. I'll post some pictures when I get it. Steve
Sweet!!!
Someday for me.
TJarv 08:05 PM 07-02-2012
Just left a local dealer who is on the hunt for a few toys for me, I'll post pics if he comes through
LockOut 05:05 PM 07-13-2012
I recently went out and bought a 229 in 22lr to go with my 229 that I carry every day. Being sig; I assumed that it would run flawless, and it was a bonus to me that in the future I could call sig and order a 229 upper and have another complete fire arm. At this point I'm really disappointed in it, a first for a sig in my world.

First it doesn't lock back after the mag runs dry, not a deal breaker but annoying. And I'm worried that I'm already starting to get a peening mark on the receiver from the rim fire mechanism hitting it after I run it dry.Not a deal breaker, and yea if I had done more research on the gun likley would have known ahead of time, but really sig? everyone else got their guns to do this and you cant?

At this point I have ~1000 rounds of 22lr through the gun hoping it would break in. I am continuing to have a multitude of problems with FTF. I have run 5 kinds of ammo (federal bulk, federal lighting, CCI hyper-velocity something or other, Remington thunderbolts, and Winchester bulk) and with every ammo am having this failure to feed problem where it crams the round into the upper portion of the chamber jamming the weapon. At times it has done it so badly it has almost bent the round it half. I have run the 22lr kit on both my 229 lowers and appears to make no difference. No if this was a once of twice thing no big deal, i understand its a 22lr. But when this has happened easily ~100 times out of ~1000 rounds, we have an issue. Below are pictures of whats happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions or at this point is it time to call sig and see what they say. I have heard they have great customer service, never have needed to use it though, all my other sigs run like tops.

Bill86 05:13 PM 07-13-2012
For what it's worth the Walther .22 is no better. Plenty of FTF, jams, and I hear dry firing it ruins the gun. I never shoot .22's anyways but yeah not impressed.
LockOut 05:33 PM 07-13-2012
I have one of the new 22/45 LITE's on order, since they were announced. not that my dealer can find one. and rumors are ruger is 1 million guns behind and isnt taking orders.

sigh.......
Poronico 06:16 PM 07-13-2012
Run the gun wet and run CCI super sonics and you will run flawless. I had the same problem with my Mosquito running winchester bulk ammo.
I recently went out and bought a 229 in 22lr to go with my 229 that I carry every day. Being sig; I assumed that it would run flawless, and it was a bonus to me that in the future I could call sig and order a 229 upper and have another complete fire arm. At this point I'm really disappointed in it, a first for a sig in my world.

First it doesn't lock back after the mag runs dry, not a deal breaker but annoying. And I'm worried that I'm already starting to get a peening mark on the receiver from the rim fire mechanism hitting it after I run it dry.Not a deal breaker, and yea if I had done more research on the gun likley would have known ahead of time, but really sig? everyone else got their guns to do this and you cant?

At this point I have ~1000 rounds of 22lr through the gun hoping it would break in. I am continuing to have a multitude of problems with FTF. I have run 5 kinds of ammo (federal bulk, federal lighting, CCI hyper-velocity something or other, Remington thunderbolts, and Winchester bulk) and with every ammo am having this failure to feed problem where it crams the round into the upper portion of the chamber jamming the weapon. At times it has done it so badly it has almost bent the round it half. I have run the 22lr kit on both my 229 lowers and appears to make no difference. No if this was a once of twice thing no big deal, i understand its a 22lr. But when this has happened easily ~100 times out of ~1000 rounds, we have an issue. Below are pictures of whats happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions or at this point is it time to call sig and see what they say. I have heard they have great customer service, never have needed to use it though, all my other sigs run like tops.

jluck 10:29 PM 07-13-2012
I don't care for ammo sensitive guns. If the thing wont shoot, send it back for refund or repair.
:-)

such a pretty gun...what a shame.
jsnake 12:00 AM 07-14-2012
I got my AR lower in and put most of it together. Waiting to do the buffer tube assembly until I get different extended take down pins.

emopunker2004 02:07 AM 07-14-2012

I owned a Sig Mosquito and the only ammo it liked consistently was CCI MiniMags
Steve 07:35 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I don't care for ammo sensitive guns. If the thing wont shoot, send it back for refund or repair.
Gotta say I agree

:-):-)
Poronico 11:05 AM 07-14-2012
Unfortunately there is no repair for that weapon without severely lightening the slide by removing metal like the Glock slide. It is simply a range gun which is actually very good for fail to fire training and recovery. I try to see the silver lining to everything :-)

Originally Posted by jluck:
:-)

such a pretty gun...what a shame.

jluck 11:20 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Poronico:
Unfortunately there is no repair for that weapon without severely lightening the slide by removing metal like the Glock slide. It is simply a range gun which is actually very good for fail to fire training and recovery. I try to see the silver lining to everything :-)
I'd bet you could find some good deals out there if you are in to flawed or unreliable guns.:-)
Bax 01:30 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I got my AR lower in and put most of it together. Waiting to do the buffer tube assembly until I get different extended take down pins.

I love the grip engraving!:-)
emopunker2004 02:07 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Bax:
I love the grip engraving!:-)
It's pretty much on the reciever too which makes it :-) X2!
jsnake 11:55 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
It's pretty much on the reciever too which makes it :-) X2!
What until you guys see the rest. I will update soon.
363 01:27 PM 07-18-2012
hey thought all you hand gun guys might like these cases I saw, they are for tablets but they can be multi-purposed right?
http://www.pelicanprogear.com/produc...lite-backpacks
spectrrr 03:34 PM 07-18-2012
love that lower engraving :-)
Page 150 of 352
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200250 > Last »
Up