Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 150 of 351
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200250 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
longknocker 04:24 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
It always bums me out that this beer is the most well traveled Vermont beer. Magic Hat makes some great beers, but this is not even close to their best (or worst). I always get a kick out of walking into a bar when I am traveling for work and seeing this on tap at a higher price than better local micro-brews just because it traveled farther.

Reason for tirade, Magic Hat Blind Faith in hand right now:-)
Wish We Had Some Of Your Good Northern Beer Down here, Brother!:-) Thanks For The Info!:-)
awsmith4 11:38 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Wish We Had Some Of Your Good Northern Beer Down here, Brother!:-) Thanks For The Info!:-)
GA is starting to have a great selection, maybe you need to make a road trip :-)

I have been vacationing NC this week and mostly been drinking Duck Rabbit Milk Stout with the occasional Miller Light in the sun
hornitosmonster 11:41 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Bells TwoHearted Ale Homebrew clone!
Man it is nice to have 5gallons of this on tap in my kitchen!:-)
Awesome...That is my next step (getting into homebrew). Unfortunately I have to wait until the winter because the Arizona heat won't do my beer good and the wife isn't having me take over the house or garage.
kaisersozei 12:17 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by hornitosmonster:
Awesome...That is my next step (getting into homebrew). Unfortunately I have to wait until the winter because the Arizona heat won't do my beer good and the wife isn't having me take over the house or garage.
Do it! After brew day, all you really need is a cool, dark space (like a coat closet) where you can sit a 5 gallon bucket for a couple weeks. Doesn't take up much space at all. Trust me, I'm from CA! :-)
St. Lou Stu 12:30 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by hornitosmonster:
Start building your setup now!
It took me a couple of months to gather, cut, drill, weld, and prepare all of my gadgets.
I started in April or May and actually brewed my first batch by myself on this past Saturday.
Jbailey 01:43 PM 07-27-2010
Me and my sub-par beer palate are enjoying a Three Floyds Gumbalhead.
newcigarz 05:28 PM 07-27-2010
Stone Emperial IPA

Sauer Grapes 06:37 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Stone Emperial IPA

How is it? Sound fantastic.
replicant_argent 06:55 PM 07-27-2010
Surly coffee bender was good tonight.
BlackDog 07:07 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Surly coffee bender was good tonight.
Coffee Bender is the one Surly I don't care for. Too much coffee for my preferences. Love regular Bender though.

Took my older son fishing tonight on my neighbor's dock. He fished, I had a couple PBR's and smoked a Los Statos Delirios. It's all good.
replicant_argent 07:17 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Coffee Bender is the one Surly I don't care for. Too much coffee for my preferences. Love regular Bender though.

Took my older son fishing tonight on my neighbor's dock. He fished, I had a couple PBR's and smoked a Los Statos Delirios. It's all good.
I have decided it may be very good with Brunch, lol. I like my coffee.

I also thought about simply taking a good beer and adding some cold pressed coffee might accomplish the same thing, within reason.
newcigarz 07:49 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
How is it? Sound fantastic.
It was really good! :-)
W.B. 07:54 PM 07-27-2010
Me and a couple of my friends are currently enjoying a couple of 2009 Goose Island Bourbon County stouts with Anejo 48's. Very complimentary to each other.
BeerAdvocate 08:03 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by W.B.:
Me and a couple of my friends are currently enjoying a couple of 2009 Goose Island Bourbon County stouts with Anejo 48's. Very complimentary to each other.
Nice pair. I love that beer!!!!
replicant_argent 08:07 PM 07-27-2010

since that seems to be the cool thing to do.
St. Lou Stu 08:08 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Nice pair. I love that beer!!!!
I agree.
I almost had one of the bourbon county coffee stouts tonight, but it was a bit warm. I usually like em chilled just a bit, room temp doesn't do it for me.
Night Stalker is also nummy.

I got a couple chillin for Friday now... The Bourbon County Coffee and a 2010 Dark Lord. The dark lord has been hanging out for what, 4 months now?Time for a taster. :-)
Jbailey 08:14 PM 07-27-2010
Enjoying a Bells cask porter.
whodeeni 01:24 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
My personal taste in beer is quite excellent I suggest the following, and yes I am an elitist but I'm a 90% newbie to cigar smoking so you guys can up or 12 up me there.

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Stone's Double Bastard Ale
Three Floyds Dreadnaught
Three Floyds Robert The Bruce
Stone's Imperial Russian Stout
Dogfish Head Palo Santo
Rochefort Trappistes 10
Oskar Blues Brewery Ten-Fidy
Dogfish Head 90 & 120 Minute IPA's
Dogfish Head Midas Touch
Dogfish Head Black & Blue
Stone's Ruination
Stone's Old Guardian
Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone's Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone's Subliminally Self-Righteous Ale
Schneider Aventinus
Victory Storm King
Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary (their only WORTHY beer)
Tripel Karmeliet
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Avery The Czar

Just to name a few.
Got enough "Stones" there Bill?:-)
kaisersozei 07:25 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Got enough "Stones" there Bill?:-)
Two things you can't have enough of: Stone's and DFH! :-)

Oh, and Sierra Nevada. So that's three. Three things you can't have enough of.

Well, and good cigars. So that's four things.

Ok, five things: naked women. But that's it. Five things you can't have enough of.
BlackDog 06:18 PM 07-28-2010
I'm drinking a Surly Cynic Ale.

Since Pete posted a picture, I will too. :-)

Page 150 of 351
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200250 > Last »
Up