Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 150 of 225
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
icehog3 10:13 PM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
The Reds have signed 2 guys for the back end of the bullpen that only gave up 3 homers in 140 innings.

:-) :-) :-)
Maybe because they weren't pitching for the Reds, Dan? :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:09 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Oh, I am sure Mr. Cheery Adam will be along shortly to tell us how bad the Reds screwed up this time :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:37 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
They had to add someone to the bullpen, they are moving the walk machine to the starting rotation. Pitching in GABP will make it tough on any pitcher as balls seem to fly out of there. The Reds bullpen always seems to have a way to giving up runs, even Cordero liked to put the winning run on base before his defense saved him about 25 times last year. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:59 AM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
They had to add someone to the bullpen, they are moving the walk machine to the starting rotation. Pitching in GABP will make it tough on any pitcher as balls seem to fly out of there. The Reds bullpen always seems to have a way to giving up runs, even Cordero liked to put the winning run on base before his defense saved him about 25 times last year. :-)
I know they threw that out there that they were gonna move Chapman to the rotation, but I'm not sure they will. We still have Bailey to be the number 5 guy (which isn't saying much), but he's better prepared to give us more innings than Chappy.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:11 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I know they threw that out there that they were gonna move Chapman to the rotation, but I'm not sure they will. We still have Bailey to be the number 5 guy (which isn't saying much), but he's better prepared to give us more innings than Chappy.
That looks to be Jockety's move, they want him in the rotation. They paid him like a starter or a closer, not a setup man. He isn't a very good setup man, and he already showed he can't pitch everyday like a closer. The problem is probably that his pitch count is probably going to have to stay in the 70-80 range for him to be effective at all. Now the whole MLB knows he throws fast, but doesn't throw strikes. His advantage will be that the two best sluggers in the division both left, because Albert crushed his pitches last year. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:13 PM 01-17-2012
Thoughts on Ludwick? I'm fine with the signing, but he's not gonna add a lot to the team. He's the best of the available free agent outfielders.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:15 PM 01-17-2012
Thoughts on Ludwick? I'm fine with the signing, but he's not gonna add a lot to the team. He's the best of the available free agent outfielders.
I am fine with it, but like you said, I don't think he will add much. He is older, but will be decent.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:43 AM 01-18-2012
Isn't anyone who can take AB's away from Stubbs an upgrade? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:58 AM 01-18-2012
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nletter-sports
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:12 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nletter-sports
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:21 AM 01-18-2012
Isn't anyone who can take AB's away from Stubbs an upgrade? :-)
It will be minimal ABs taken away. The majority of bench time will now go to Heisey.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:43 PM 01-18-2012
It will be minimal ABs taken away. The majority of bench time will now go to Heisey.
I know. I was just trying to be positive that maybe someone other than Stubbs would be in CF on opening day. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:09 AM 01-26-2012
Seems now like Walt's just making moves just to make moves. We trade a sub-par reliever for a sub-par utility infielder. I know they keep saying they'd like some depth at short, but it looks like Valdez is a clone of Cairo except he can't hit for average.
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:08 AM 01-26-2012
If you have Twitter, follow @DallasLatos She is hillarious.

Oh yeah, she is hot too! :-) :-)

[Reply]
hotreds 08:10 AM 02-03-2012
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...n-tv-schedule/
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:48 AM 02-03-2012
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...yssey=obinsite

Votto to the Jays, inevitable? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:55 AM 02-03-2012

I would hate to see that.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:42 PM 02-06-2012

Probably, but not this year. Unless there's some killer benefit for the Reds, it probably won't happen until Votto's contract is up in Cincy or the trade deadline on his final year.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:58 PM 02-06-2012
Probably, but not this year. Unless there's some killer benefit for the Reds, it probably won't happen until Votto's contract is up in Cincy or the trade deadline on his final year.
They are going to have the cap space to outbid Cincinnati by millions, so why not get some players in return? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:11 PM 02-07-2012
Once again I was the last caller on McAllister's Hot Stove Show. I think it might have been actually Mark Amazon. I discussed Oswalt's WAR vs. Bailey's WAR and the price for each. Oswalt's WAR has gone down each year, while Bailey's WAR has improved each year (although by not much), but if I'm gonna spend 10-16 million, I want a big name player, not another broken down maybe pitcher. We've already got enough maybe's and has-beens. I'm mad enough at keeping Rolen at third, a has been as back-up/maybe starting SS out of Valdez, and Arroyo. Why add Oswalt?

BTW, I was supposedly ED from NC. The last caller, if you want to go back and listen. I waited so long, he finally answered my call when I was taking a p!$$ and was caught off guard. :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 150 of 225
« First < 50100140148149150 151152160200 > Last »
Up