Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 5131415 1617 >
Entertainment>Sons of Anarchy Season 3 - DISCUSSION THREAD
Chainsaw13 11:17 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by DennisP:
Also, there was a huge box of guns in that van, what happened to that, or does the ATF just ignore it for them here?
yea, forgot about that also, cause they made a point during the exchange with the Russians to show Bobby look at the bag of guns.
[Reply]
DennisP 11:19 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
Yea that is right. If the club didnt know about the deal, how'd they know to drive through as quickly as they did? Great point Chainsaw.
Yeah, they knew. I actually think they knew before they went to Belfast, but that is up for interpretation. I'd like to rewatch the season with that in mind and see if anything leads me to believe they know or don't.

One big tipping point for me was how Jax was always meeting with Stahl alone. He just shows up to get $250k by himself? Jax never travels on club business alone. Then he just shows up after they kidnap Jimmy O. to meet with Stahl. Those had me thinking something was up before it happened.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:35 AM 12-01-2010
One big tipping point for me was how Jax was always meeting with Stahl alone. He just shows up to get $250k by himself? Jax never travels on club business alone. Then he just shows up after they kidnap Jimmy O. to meet with Stahl. Those had me thinking something was up before it happened.
Same for when Unser shows up as they're leaving to get Jimmy O. Clay thanks him for all he's done for the club, implying the $250k. You'd have thought Jax would've interveined to deflect at that point, since he told Stahl he would say he got it from Unser.

Either way, it sets up for a good 4th season. You can see the groundwork is laid for a Gemma/Kara battle.
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:00 PM 12-01-2010
They clearly knew what was up at that point.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:07 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Either way, it sets up for a good 4th season. You can see the groundwork is laid for a Gemma/Kara battle.
Who is Kara? You talking about Jax's old lady Tara?
[Reply]
rennD 12:08 PM 12-01-2010
Yeah, they knew. I actually think they knew before they went to Belfast, but that is up for interpretation..
I know that they were aware of the deal. What I was expanding on was what Chainsaw said. So if they were playing along that they didn't know about the deal, why'd they pass the roadblock so quickly? I think this was one of the major flaws on how they shot that scene.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:13 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Who is Kara? You talking about Jax's old lady Tara?
Doh!. Yes, Tara. I was rereading it after I posted and didn't think it was right.
[Reply]
DennisP 12:17 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
I know that they were aware of the deal. What I was expanding on was what Chainsaw said. So if they were playing along that they didn't know about the deal, why'd they pass the roadblock so quickly? I think this was one of the major flaws on how they shot that scene.
I agree, although they did wait for Stahl to wave them by. If they don't know what's going on and see the ATF waive them through, they probably go with it. But, definitely some holes there.
[Reply]
rennD 12:30 PM 12-01-2010
I agree, although they did wait for Stahl to wave them by. If they don't know what's going on and see the ATF waive them through, they probably go with it. But, definitely some holes there.
Yup. Even if they give a short pause in their actions, that wouldve been fine. Instead the guy driving the van just jumped out and jumped on the back of the bike so quickly.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:31 PM 12-01-2010
It's fiction...and entertainment. Take it for what it's worth, over-analyzing takes away from the enjoyment for me, anyway.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:44 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
It's fiction...and entertainment. Take it for what it's worth, over-analyzing takes away from the enjoyment for me, anyway.
Exactly!

Besides... I'm still stunned by Clay's death and the fact that dead prospect Kip and Tara have a test-tube love child. Looks like Cherry will be the new President of SAMBEL, too.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
GKitty 02:49 PM 12-01-2010
:-)

Thank you.

That is all.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:50 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Exactly!

Besides... I'm still stunned by Clay's death and the fact that dead prospect Kip and Tara have a test-tube love child. Looks like Cherry will be the new President of SAMBEL, too.
:-) :-)
Love Bobby's new crew cut, though. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:52 PM 12-01-2010
Love Bobby's new crew cut, though. :-)
Not to mention his matching bikini wax... might even get back in the good graces of his ex-old lady - "Precious." :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:57 PM 12-01-2010
Not to mention his matching bikini wax... might even get back in the good graces of his ex-old lady - "Precious." :-)
Precious....nummy! :-)

I can't believe Tig and Chibs are forming a civil union.
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:57 PM 12-01-2010
Opie's perm looks very stylish though.
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:25 PM 12-01-2010
[quote=Chainsaw13;1079495]Same for when Unser shows up as they're leaving to get Jimmy O. Clay thanks him for all he's done for the club, implying the $250k. You'd have thought Jax would've interveined to deflect at that point, since he told Stahl he would say he got it from Unser.

QUOTE]

Admittingly I got nervous at that point, but when nothing came of it, my suspicions started to grow.

I would like to know what happened to the bag of guns however.
[Reply]
J0eybb 03:31 PM 12-01-2010
The guns were probably transferred to the car from the van along with the body.
[Reply]
rennD 03:39 PM 12-01-2010
I agree, ofcourse, that it is fiction. But entertainment for me has a lot to do with the plot. All I am saying is that scene with the roadblock had a hole in it. Luckily that scene didnt fuss too much with the rest of the show. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 03:41 PM 12-01-2010
This. That was probably the best conceivable ending. I've been criticizing this season heavily but in the end I'm definitely satisfied.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 17
« First < 5131415 1617 >
Up