Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 54
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Mindflux 09:46 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Bingo:

Thanks for reserving your iPhone for pickup at the Apple Retail Store on June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m. You’ll receive an email confirmation shortly and we’ll have your iPhone ready and waiting for you when you come in to the store to pick up and pay.

When: Thursday, June 24
Where: Manhattan Village, Manhattan Beach
What: IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-USA

Man that was a bad choice :-) I preordered my 32gb iPad for pickup. Stood in line for *3* hours to get it. They'd only let 5 people in the store at a time.
[Reply]
poker 09:59 AM 06-15-2010
Oh great.
[Reply]
Mindflux 10:00 AM 06-15-2010
Oh great.
Well I can only hope it doesn't end up that way for you. If I had to pre-order again i'd just have it delivered. They send them overnight to guarantee you get it on launch day for no additional cost.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:01 AM 06-15-2010
I thought I would want to pick it up but after today, no way.

Tony, can't find that app you are referring to.

Here is AT&T's website message:
HTTP Status 404 - /olam/loginAction.olamexecute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /olam/loginAction.olamexecute

description The requested resource (/olam/loginAction.olamexecute) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:08 AM 06-15-2010
The site seems to be much faster now but I keep getting errored out on the check eligibility page - dang guess I shouldn't have maxed out all my credit cards on cigars and bourbon!! :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 10:12 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by andpeo23:
The site seems to be much faster now but I keep getting errored out on the check eligibility page - dang guess I shouldn't have maxed out all my credit cards on cigars and bourbon!! :-)
yes,but it seems to be getting worse.
[Reply]
newcigarz 10:17 AM 06-15-2010
Oh great.
I put mine for p/u also. I'm a sucker for punishment. :-)
[Reply]
poker 10:18 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
I put mine for p/u also. I'm a sucker for punishment. :-)
ok, now I dont feel so bad :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 10:19 AM 06-15-2010
Can anyone add some light to this statement on Apple? They show a different price if for an upgrade.

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. Existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an existing iPhone will find out if they are eligible for early upgrade pricing: $299 (8GB), $399 (16GB), or $499 (32GB) with a new two-year contract. For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone.
[Reply]
aich75013 10:19 AM 06-15-2010
I downloaded the app. (searched apple from iphone)
You can only reserve for pickup. I'd rather have them deliver it.
I'll need to sync it with itunes anyways.

Originally Posted by Blueface:
I thought I would want to pick it up but after today, no way.

Here is AT&T's website message:
HTTP Status 404 - /olam/loginAction.olamexecute

type Status report

message /olam/loginAction.olamexecute

description The requested resource (/olam/loginAction.olamexecute) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.0.28

[Reply]
newcigarz 10:27 AM 06-15-2010

Look in the 10 ten for free apps. It's #1
[Reply]
smitdavi 10:29 AM 06-15-2010
Well I get further and further each time I try to pre-order. Eventually I will make it to the end lol
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 10:32 AM 06-15-2010
Yeah I went to the Apple store last night about 1am Pacific time, 4am Eastern time to see if I could beat the rush since I'm on the west coast, but the store wasn't even up. Said they were upgrading the system... Now I've been trying for an hour with no luck. Even called AT&T and they said I need to preorder online only... thanks!?! LOL

Regarding the Apple App to preorder... great idea but for me, only if they allowed shipping. I don't want to deal with waiting in lines and can wait a day or two for shipping if needed.
[Reply]
newcigarz 10:34 AM 06-15-2010
Can anyone add some light to this statement on Apple? They show a different price if for an upgrade.

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. Existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an existing iPhone will find out if they are eligible for early upgrade pricing: $299 (8GB), $399 (16GB), or $499 (32GB) with a new two-year contract. For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone.
Not sure Carlos.

Here is what my reservation confirmation looked like after I selected my plan.
also I went with the unlimited data for $30 vs 2G for $25.

[Reply]
ir13 10:35 AM 06-15-2010
Was at the local ATT store since 930am and the ATT ordering system is down. Had to have them call me and do it over the phone.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:37 AM 06-15-2010
Imagine a world (well, an America) where the iPhone was spread across multiple carriers and instead of bogging down one carrier's site on launch day, it was spread across 4 different carriers. We all ordered our new iPhone's in a timely fashion and actually got some work done...it seems too good to ever be true.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:55 PM 06-15-2010
I finally got mine pre-ordered on the ATT site!! One thing I hate though is that Apple requires FedEx to get a signature for delivery. I may have to pay someone to sit at the house all day on the 24th!!
[Reply]
The Professor 01:03 PM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I finally got mine pre-ordered on the ATT site!! One thing I hate though is that Apple requires FedEx to get a signature for delivery. I may have to pay someone to sit at the house all day on the 24th!!
Haha ... me too. Or maybe I'll just convince the DrMS that we should drive to work separately.
[Reply]
T.G 01:11 PM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Once you get the tracking number on the shipment, you can call FedEx and ask them to hold at the depot or re-route to a Kinkos/FedEx Office near you and you can pick it up there.

I don't blame Apple for being a PITA on the shipping with mandatory signature requirements, these things are going to be a very hot item for theft.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 01:13 PM 06-15-2010
I understand the need for them to do it... It is just a PITA as you said.

Thanks for the tip on the FedEx call. I may do that!!

Originally Posted by T.G:
Once you get the tracking number on the shipment, you can call FedEx and ask them to hold at the depot or re-route to a Kinkos/FedEx Office near you and you can pick it up there.

I don't blame Apple for being a PITA on the shipping with mandatory signature requirements, these things are going to be a very hot item for theft.

[Reply]
Page 15 of 54
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up