Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 40
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Sports>Red Sox Nation -Check In
KenyanSandBoa 07:50 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by dunng:
I was there and it sucked... how can you lose on Marathon Monday!?!?
No kidding...that was painful to watch. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 08:01 PM 04-19-2010
I at least had decent seats, but it was very cold in the stands... :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:38 AM 04-20-2010
Time for some serious shaking up. Bench Big Papi & play Mikey Lowell, bring up Dice-K and let him pitch, Wake can go to the pen, bring up Reddick for Drew - he can sit for a while, put Cameron in left and let Elsbury play center once he is healthy again.
Most of all DO SOMETHING ! Make the whole team realize that they don't get to play if they don't perform. Tito's patience with struggling players is well documented, but if he is much more patient the AL East leaders will be out of reach.
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:26 AM 04-21-2010
Hooray we won one! Nice debut for Darnell McDonald, great to see Mikey Lowell as the DH and good to see Reddick again.

One in a row:-)!
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:39 AM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Hooray we won one! Nice debut for Darnell McDonald, great to see Mikey Lowell as the DH and good to see Reddick again.

One in a row:-)!

:-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:23 PM 04-21-2010
Hoping tonight's game doesn't go as long as the Mets on Sunday... what was that, 20 innings? 11 is good as long as the Sox win. :-)
[Reply]
ScottieM 10:31 PM 04-22-2010
Damn that Sox lineup looks rough! If they're gonna turn it around they better do it soon. You don't want to try and make up 10 games against a 2 headed monster like NY and Tampa.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 02:36 AM 04-23-2010
Not much to get excited about so far. The Sox are on my back burner with the way the Bruins have been playing in the playoffs :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 02:52 PM 04-27-2010
Beckett working hard to finish the season with an ERA over 10? So glad we signed that long term deal and paid him all that money...
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:21 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Beckett working hard to finish the season with an ERA over 10? So glad we signed that long term deal and paid him all that money...
No wonder he jumped on the new contract extension?
Now on the other hand he has the same ERA as he did last year at this time,and finished with 17 wins.:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:00 AM 04-28-2010
We all hope the Beckett can duplicate his resurgence from last year - time will tell.

On another subject: I'm having a hard time with this whole saga of sending Wake to the pen to make room for Dice-K. I know they paid him a boatload of money and need to try to get value from him but ... you know he's Dice-K...just painful to watch AND he has never really produced to the hype that surrounded him. I know - 18 wins his first year, but if you remember he had tons of run support and was bailed out by a superior bullpen lots and lots of times. Wakefield , on the other hand, has been a good soldier and consistantly produced over the years. Yes, he has the occasional clunker, but with one game to win and a choice between those two, I put Wakefield out there every time.

Is there a better answer - probably not - that doesn't mean I have to like this though.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:11 AM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
We all hope the Beckett can duplicate his resurgence from last year - time will tell.

On another subject: I'm having a hard time with this whole saga of sending Wake to the pen to make room for Dice-K. I know they paid him a boatload of money and need to try to get value from him but ... you know he's Dice-K...just painful to watch AND he has never really produced to the hype that surrounded him. I know - 18 wins his first year, but if you remember he had tons of run support and was bailed out by a superior bullpen lots and lots of times. Wakefield , on the other hand, has been a good soldier and consistantly produced over the years. Yes, he has the occasional clunker, but with one game to win and a choice between those two, I put Wakefield out there every time.

Is there a better answer - probably not - that doesn't mean I have to like this though.
Wake has been getting hit like crazy when he's pitched this season. Bucholz is doing incredibly well, especially the last few games. Wake is also old enough they don't want to stress his body too much by making him pitch a full season, then into the playoffs. I say let Matsuzaka pitch and keep Wake in reserve for the inevitable injuries that happen to every team, every year.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:33 AM 04-28-2010
I'd go with Dice-K early on and see how he's doing. Wake is good in the right situation, but when he is off, forget it... In the big picture, the addition of Dice-K has lead to World Series wins. Whether that was direct or not is a debate.

I would not second guess any decision Theo and Larry make.

I feel like I don't know the Sox right now. So many new faces. It'll be June before I have handle of who is who.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:06 PM 04-28-2010
I don't know but the move of Wake might be good ? He is always hurt the second part of the season this might save him?
It could be like in case of fire break glass:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:10 AM 04-29-2010
Nice win by Lester last night for a sweep of the Jays. Two good pitching performances on consecutive nights - this is what we all envisioned this past winter. Now on to Baltimore for some fun before the Yankees and Angels come to town. By the way - nice to see Papelbon get his save without any drama.

Hope we get Elsbury back soon, I miss the excitement he brings to the game ... though McDonald has realy swung the bat well - he has earned the right to stick around for a while.

Upon reflection - you guys are right about Wakefield - he is the right guy to go to the pen - for now. I was just being sentimental about the old guy getting dissed.

I hope that this little stint in the minors has made an impact on Dice-K with regards to listening to his coaches & trainers. Time will tell. Hey, maybe he has pickeced up the pace of his pitching too. Well-we can hope.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 11:19 AM 04-29-2010
McDonald has been playing center, hasn't he? Think they will keep him up once Cameron is back? Can we hope?
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:34 PM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
McDonald has been playing center, hasn't he? Think they will keep him up once Cameron is back? Can we hope?
I would at least keep him as a reserve - he's earned that.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:16 PM 05-02-2010
Swept by the worst team in baseball:-) Things are going to get ugly as soon as the Bruins and Celtics are out of the playoffs.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:50 PM 05-02-2010
Tough year so far, really not a good sign coming out of the gate this slowly. Pitching is horrible especially the bullpen. Hitting is pretty bad as well. Tito needs to make a few moves or else this season will turn into a wash by June.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:06 AM 05-03-2010
Damn it, damn it, damn it all to hell!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 40
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up