Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 53
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Sports>*2009 MLB Thread*
Bruins Fan 07:41 PM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
But...Beckham is a shortstop!!! I might understand it if he was a pitcher.
Well you can tell I don't follow the White Soxs :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:47 PM 06-04-2009
White Sox just called up Gordon Beckham...there #1 pick from last years draft. The kid is a stud, but damn, that's quick. Anyone think they are rushing him?
Rushed like a virgin on prom night..... It'll be over before he knows what happened.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 04:43 AM 06-05-2009
My Red Sox got a tuff stretch this next week, the Sox just swept the division leading Tigers on their home turf.
Now we have another division leader Texas Rangers coming in tonight with the Yanks Tuesday. We got some great games coming up in Old Fenway Park:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:40 AM 06-05-2009
My Mets are faling apart...just got swept by the lowly Pirates!! But on that note, Damn if Andrew McCuthen didn't look good in his MLB debut.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:14 AM 06-05-2009
My Mets are faling apart...just got swept by the lowly Pirates!! But on that note, Damn if Andrew McCuthen didn't look good in his MLB debut.
With all the money the Mets spend and choke, I can't understand how Minaya keeps his job?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:53 AM 06-05-2009
I'm still scratching my head over AJ Burnett's suspension. He gets six game for throwing at and missing the guy, before the benches were warned, while Padilla hit Tex twice and got nothing. I mean, Josh Beckett threw intentionally at Bobby Abreu's head after he called time and got less of a suspension. Seems overly harsh given the circumstances :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 09:20 AM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I'm still scratching my head over AJ Burnett's suspension. He gets six game for throwing at and missing the guy, before the benches were warned, while Padilla hit Tex twice and got nothing. I mean, Josh Beckett threw intentionally at Bobby Abreu's head after he called time and got less of a suspension. Seems overly harsh given the circumstances :-)
Beckett also got six appled and and got it down to five.
Oh don't worry Burnett will be reduced as long as as Yankee suck pump Bob Watson is in the MLB office.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:18 AM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Beckett also got six appled and and got it down to five.
Oh don't worry Burnett will be reduced as long as as Yankee suck pump Bob Watson is in the MLB office.
Methinks Bob Watson is still sore over George firing him when he was the GM. The league always comes down hardest on the Yanks.

That being said, Beckett's play was a major douchebag move. Burnett's play was just old fashioned retaliation. No reason the punishment should be equal given the circumstances.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:29 AM 06-05-2009
Originally Posted by :
With all the money the Mets spend and choke, I can't understand how Minaya keeps his job?
Tell me about it. I know it is the players on the field that must get the job done, but damn, he is the one who went out and got them!!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:26 PM 06-05-2009
Tell me about it. I know it is the players on the field that must get the job done, but damn, he is the one who went out and got them!!
Well, he is still better than Steve Phillips and Jim Duquette. Which really says something about Mets management over the course of the last decade lol.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:19 AM 06-06-2009
Julio Lugo must sit, he cost us a game last night again. Penny pitched a good game Lugo lets a ball go under his glove that let a run in we should have been out of the inning, next batter hits a three run shot.
Later in the game Lugo can't make routine a play to his left that cost a run.
Lugo is responsible for three of Penny loses this season I am surprised Penny hasn't given him a beating?
Tito caved in and played him this week after Lugo was crying to the media, I think whining won't do him any good now?
Rant over:-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:47 PM 06-06-2009
Red Sox take back first place, Jon Lester was dominant trowing a 12 k two hit complete game.
The weather is heating up so are the Red Sox starters.
No team in baseball has a 1-2 punch like Beckett and Lester.:-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:03 AM 06-08-2009
Sox lost yesterday to Texas. Hope they can get their asses back in gear for the Yankees tomorrow to re-take that lead. I'll be at Fenway rooting them on :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:07 AM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Sox lost yesterday to Texas. Hope they can get their asses back in gear for the Yankees tomorrow to re-take that lead. I'll be at Fenway rooting them on :-)
Should be a great game Beckett-Burnett.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:26 AM 06-08-2009
Seems my Mets are piecing a few wins together (seems like everyone is on the DL)...but then again, it was against the nats.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:03 AM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Should be a great game Beckett-Burnett.
This is what Major League Baseball is all about. Looking forward to a great series. Sox vs Evil Empire in a battle for 1st place on the tube, a great cigar and an adult beverage .... ahhh, sometimes life is good.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:19 AM 06-10-2009
Sox vs Evil Empire, game one goes to Sox. :-)
Great game for Beckett, 1 infield hit in 6 innings!

AL East now a dead heat. Game two tonite....can't wait to see what Wakefield will dish up.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:30 AM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
Sox vs Evil Empire, game one goes to Sox. :-)
Great game for Beckett, 1 infield hit in 6 innings!

AL East now a dead heat. Game two tonite....can't wait to see what Wakefield will dish up.
That was tough to watch. Burnett was absolutely terrible, the bullpen did a decent job, but with Wang on a tight pitch count we could be in some trouble :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 10:56 AM 06-10-2009
If Wake has the knuckler working it will be a fun night, only thing I worry about sometimes he gives up hits in bunches.
Tito should be a little bit quicker with the hook if that happens with best bullpen in baseball. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:09 PM 06-10-2009
Mets "pulled" one out last night against the Phillies...YEAH!!
[Reply]
Page 15 of 53
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up