Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 5131415 16 >
All Cigar Discussion>The Wolfman
Brutus2600 09:39 AM 10-20-2011
Then for you yeah, it might not be such a good thing. I did enjoy the TAA stick as well.

Now as far as strength...The Wolfman actually kicked my ass. I had to put it down with about 2" left. It was a pretty strong cigar for me. It's just the spicy black pepper wasn't there for most of the stick (it was a little at the beginning).
[Reply]
ktblunden 09:58 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Why is that not a good sign? I actually think it was a great sign, because the Face I smoked ROTT was pretty mediocre. So much so that I didn't smoke another :-)
I'd suggest trying another one. The first one I had was meh, the second one smoked great. I'll be burning another one next weekend and I expect it to be nice. The Drac I had a few weeks ago was extremely bland, I have one more sitting but I have no plans on smoking it anytime soon.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 10:03 AM 10-20-2011
I sold 'em all off. The fact they didn't wow me along with their size (not a huge fan of thick cigars anymore) didn't make me want to keep them around.

Honestly the entire Monster series has just been so so for me. The Boris was nice (not Monster series, but sort of). The Drac fell short for me. Same with the Face, even though it was fresh so I don't know how they're smoking now with a year on them. I did enjoy the Wolfman, and the only one left on my list to try is the elusive Frank.
[Reply]
T.G 10:58 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
What ever happened to the actor series? To this day the Boris to me was the best Halloween smoke released.
Pete dropped it and IIRC, at the time he said something about it was easier to concentrate on making just one release for Halloween in both 13-ct dress boxes and 10-ct plain boxes than two different releases in different dress boxes.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 11:05 AM 10-20-2011
I got a call from Brandon at The Smoke Inn to confirm my address for Box #24!!!

I cannot wait.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:12 AM 10-20-2011
Nice! :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:17 AM 10-20-2011
Congrats Adam!!!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 05:43 PM 10-20-2011
Anybody still looking for 10 count boxes of The Wolfman...

Barclay Rex called me today since I had bought a bunch of the Tat B-Rex last year, they said they had a whole lot of The Wolfman in stock. So...call 'em up :-)
[Reply]
big a 06:36 AM 10-21-2011
Anybody still looking for 10 count boxes of The Wolfman...

Barclay Rex called me today since I had bought a bunch of the Tat B-Rex last year, they said they had a whole lot of The Wolfman in stock. So...call 'em up :-)
Thanks for the lead, just got a box :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:28 AM 10-21-2011
Glad to hear it!
[Reply]
TheStatsGuy 08:32 AM 10-21-2011
Glad to hear it!
A thank you from me too! Just got a box!

Tim
[Reply]
E.J. 08:57 AM 10-21-2011
As I think I stated earlier, I really liked(like) the Face.

I am thinking about burning a Wolfman today, guess that decision will come closer to 3:00 PM & I am not sure I have let them sit enough....but the sticks are calling to me.....& it is just rolled tobacco leafs, so who cares....:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:08 PM 10-21-2011
Don't know what all the hype is about... they're alright. Smoking one right now and all I could say is it is better than the Face but that's not saying a whole lot. Getting some decent flavors. The change of pace from your typical Tatuaje flavor is nice but I think the cigar is missing something, just can't pin point it.
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:09 PM 10-21-2011
Nice avatar pic Huy! LOL
[Reply]
icehog3 04:56 PM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Don't know what all the hype is about... they're alright. Smoking one right now and all I could say is it is better than the Face but that's not saying a whole lot. Getting some decent flavors. The change of pace from your typical Tatuaje flavor is nice but I think the cigar is missing something, just can't pin point it.
A reasonable price?
[Reply]
EricF 05:03 PM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I am smoking my first one also. As Huy said, they are better than The Face ROTT, but as with most of these LE's,they need time to rest up.

Give them a couple months an I believe they will be quite good.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 05:28 PM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
A reasonable price?
As ridiculous as it sounds, I didn't balk at paying $13 a stick for this LE, but I'm reluctant to pay that for certain nice CC's. Silly me :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:32 PM 10-21-2011
As ridiculous as it sounds, I didn't balk at paying $13 a stick for this LE, but I'm reluctant to pay that for certain nice CC's. Silly me :-)
To each his own, Brian. :-)

After smoking a couple of The Face, I wouldn't lay out $13 for any monster cigars, but that's just me.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:54 PM 10-21-2011
Finished a Wolfman a little bit ago, thought it was a fine cigar. Very pleased with it. It was no more, or less, than what I expected....
[Reply]
Brad 08:48 AM 10-22-2011
I picked up a single at the B&M today, will burn it on Halloween night.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 5131415 16 >
Up