Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 34
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
skibumdc 04:19 PM 08-06-2009
Saw the new version hit the app store...so when do the cigar updates come?
[Reply]
KenS 04:24 PM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
Saw the new version hit the app store...so when do the cigar updates come?
Some of them are already out there. Go to the main screen of the "Reference" section, and tap the refresh icon on the bottom right of the screen. It will connect to the website and pull down the available new and updated cigar data.
Let me know if it works ok for you.

I have other updates to get into the website as well, but I'm crazy busy in my day job so I'm a little slow.
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:34 PM 08-06-2009
Yep, just added 140 cigars when I refreshed the database.

Thanks for all the hardwork Ken!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:43 PM 08-06-2009
Just Updated mine, Too! Works Great! Thanks so much, Ken!:-)
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:09 PM 08-06-2009
Cool, did not see the refresh database icon.

Ken, any idea when the new RE list that I compiled will be added?
I also have a few more Cohiba/monte/etc Reserva's to be added to the database as well
[Reply]
KenS 06:21 PM 08-06-2009
Cool, did not see the refresh database icon.

Ken, any idea when the new RE list that I compiled will be added?
I also have a few more Cohiba/monte/etc Reserva's to be added to the database as well
I'll try to get the RE list update in there tonight or tomorrow. I have to address duplicates of the ones I already had, and figure out the best way to represent them in the database regarding naming. See the Boli Legendario that I already have in there for my likely approach...

Thoughts?
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:25 PM 08-06-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
I'll try to get the RE list update in there tonight or tomorrow. I have to address duplicates of the ones I already had, and figure out the best way to represent them in the database regarding naming. See the Boli Legendario that I already have in there for my likely approach...

Thoughts?
Yeah I think putting RE in the name of the vitola(like you did with the Boli Legendario is your best bet. As you noted, they did reuse discontinued sizes and re-issue them as RE's for 1 year in the same vitola. :-)
Look forward to it buddy.
[Reply]
KenS 06:40 PM 08-06-2009
Yeah I think putting RE in the name of the vitola(like you did with the Boli Legendario is your best bet. As you noted, they did reuse discontinued sizes and re-issue them as RE's for 1 year in the same vitola. :-)
Look forward to it buddy.
Working on it now. I decided to go with the country/region name as printed on the band, so the Legendario is now "RE Suiza" instead of "RE Switzerland". I'll follow that approach for all of the regionals you sent me. Update now, and you'll see the Legendario and the JL Maximos with the updated country name. The rest will follow shortly...thanks for your help :-)
[Reply]
KenS 06:53 PM 08-06-2009
Ok, all the regionals are in the database. Just do an update, and you'll get the full set. Should add 37 new regionals and 3 new EL's, along with a couple of corrections :-)
[Reply]
GoldnGT 07:12 PM 08-06-2009
Just Updated and looks great. Glad to see the price paid added as well. :-)

Keep up the good work! :-)
[Reply]
ultramag 11:27 PM 08-09-2009
I've never posted to this thread Ken but I just updated while catching up on some Asylum reading and felt inclined to do so. You have put out a wonderful cigar app and all the work you've done and continue to do to improve it is greatly appreciated. Any lookers who have not downloaded the app yet do so without hesitation. Top notch.

Success!
Cigars added: 149
Cigars updated: 70

The price paid was a great add on this go around. One of the few things I really missed when comparing MobileStogie to what I use to track my pipe tobacco cellar.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:16 AM 08-10-2009
Ken: Added a cigar (Mag50) from reference to "My Cigars". Tried to enter "Rating" and it kept going to "Notes". Any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg
[Reply]
skibumdc 04:49 AM 08-10-2009
There were a few things that were accidentally changed in the last release when "price paid" was added to the possibilities when adding a cigar to your humidor.
Ken said he has fixed the issue and submitted the update to the Apple store for review.

Cuban Reserva items have been added to the database as well, with 1 small update needed. The Cohiba Seleccion Reserva needs to be combined into 1 item ans they came as 1 box, not 6 seperate items.
[Reply]
KenS 05:50 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Ken: Added a cigar (Mag50) from reference to "My Cigars". Tried to enter "Rating" and it kept going to "Notes". Any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg
Yup, I broke it :-)
But, I have submitted the fix, so it should appear in a week or so. When I added Price Paid, I neglected to change the row numbers associated with rating and notes, so they are a bit screwed up. Hopefully the review process will be quick, and you'll get the fixed version soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience
[Reply]
KenS 05:55 PM 08-10-2009
There were a few things that were accidentally changed in the last release when "price paid" was added to the possibilities when adding a cigar to your humidor.
Ken said he has fixed the issue and submitted the update to the Apple store for review.

Cuban Reserva items have been added to the database as well, with 1 small update needed. The Cohiba Seleccion Reserva needs to be combined into 1 item ans they came as 1 box, not 6 seperate items.
Thanks for helping to add new cigars to the database, but I'm not sure I agree with the approach you recommend on the Seleccion Reserva. I tend to think of Mobile Stogie as a way to get info and inventory on individual cigars, not about collections of cigars. If I add this as a single item, how would you get shape, ring gauge and length information on any one of them? And if you had one of them in your humidor, how would you refer to it?

Anyway, that's why I exploded that one entry into the detailed information for each of the included cigars. Other people care to weigh in on this?
[Reply]
DPD6030 06:47 PM 08-10-2009
I go by individuals not by box. So if I have one box of Monte # 2s I put 25 sticks of Monte # 2 in my humidor. Now especially with the Cohiba Reserva line they come in a box but different sizes. I say enter them as individuals or you won't be able to put RG and length in under "1" box as they are different. :-)
[Reply]
Addiction 07:34 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I go by individuals not by box. So if I have one box of Monte # 2s I put 25 sticks of Monte # 2 in my humidor. Now especially with the Cohiba Reserva line they come in a box but different sizes. I say enter them as individuals or you won't be able to put RG and length in under "1" box as they are different. :-)
I put mine in as "reservas" because once I start smoking them I don't care that much about the size. And prior to smoking them I don't care about the size because its an unbroken box.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:37 PM 08-10-2009
Upgraded my phone to the 3GS so I could get Mobile Stogie, Ken. Can you come over and load all my data plz? :-)

lovin the app
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Addiction 07:42 PM 08-10-2009
Here is a suggestion Ken. I've avoided entering my meager collection because I buy and smoke rapidly. If I had something that let me subtract from my humidors as I smoke, that would take the cake.

Also some kind of way that when I add new cigars the stars in the sky would spell out "f**k you thieving bastards at Puff" that would rock.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:45 PM 08-10-2009
I wish I could bump your rep thru my phone sir :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 15 of 34
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up