Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 26
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
General Discussion>Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
shilala 01:37 PM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
To save on shipping costs, did you simply toss it into the air and let the gale force winds blow the package my way?
I couldn't get insurance for gale mail.
[Reply]
shilala 04:33 PM 11-01-2012
Taking all comers for bets this weekend. I'll go 5 or 10 troop cigars on whatever bets you can dream up. Sensible bets, I should say.
One I like is that we each pick two teams and their combined high score wins. That's fun. :-)
I'll put up an extra cigar for every 2 points you give me, so if you've got any balls on ya, this could parlay into a major batch of smokes for the troops this week. Pvssies. :-)

I texted Stephen and volunteered him for a head to head bet between us for this week. A personal fiver and a troop fiver. Plus I offered him the points deal on the troops side of the bet.

(Sorry for being so quiet this season, between sick and busy I've been afraid to take on anything I'd forget about. I'll try to be more involved.)
[Reply]
Stephen 05:34 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Taking all comers for bets this weekend. I'll go 5 or 10 troop cigars on whatever bets you can dream up. Sensible bets, I should say.
One I like is that we each pick two teams and their combined high score wins. That's fun. :-)
I'll put up an extra cigar for every 2 points you give me, so if you've got any balls on ya, this could parlay into a major batch of smokes for the troops this week. Pvssies. :-)

I texted Stephen and volunteered him for a head to head bet between us for this week. A personal fiver and a troop fiver. Plus I offered him the points deal on the troops side of the bet.

(Sorry for being so quiet this season, between sick and busy I've been afraid to take on anything I'd forget about. I'll try to be more involved.)
I think whoever wins between you and I should donate an extra ten smokes for collecting a win against roadkill.:-)
[Reply]
chaase321 05:59 AM 11-02-2012

Alright Scott :-)
I'll take:
Huston and Denver combined points to your two teams that you choose. Troop 5'er on the line.

Pick your poison wisely my friend :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:16 AM 11-02-2012
Scott, ill take Green Bay and Houston, ill give you 2 points to start depending on your picks for a troop fiver. Ill go head to head with you and spot you 6 points. And as an added if either of us wins both bets, it's an extra troop 5 and a personal 5.

Let me know if this is a go.
[Reply]
chaase321 06:22 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Scott, ill take Green Bay and Houston, ill give you 2 points to start depending on your picks for a troop fiver. Ill go head to head with you and spot you 6 points. And as an added if either of us wins both bets, it's an extra troop 5 and a personal 5.

:-):-)
Finally getting interesting :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:25 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by chaase321:
I'll take:
Huston and Denver combined points to your two teams that you choose. Troop 5'er on the line.

When he did this last year, I believe he used fantasy teams within our league, not actual NFL teams.
[Reply]
chaase321 06:43 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
When he did this last year, I believe he used fantasy teams within our league, not actual NFL teams.
We can do that too. Up to him, let me know shilala :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:37 AM 11-02-2012
I'll take:

Stephen was right, but we can go ahead and use NFL teams just the same.
I'll take Tampa Bay and Atlanta in our bet for a troop fiver. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:03 AM 11-02-2012
On Coach's bet, it's a go, and I'll take Tampa and Atlanta there.
I keep looking at it and don't quite understand the terms. Someone break it down for me so I can pay up when the time comes, will ya?

I need some more bets, too. :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 10:15 AM 11-02-2012
First off...cool, thanks for choosing NFL teams.

Originally Posted by Coach Deg:

On Coach's bet, it's a go, and I'll take Tampa and Atlanta there.
I keep looking at it and don't quite understand the terms. Someone break it down for me so I can pay up when the time comes, will ya?

I need some more bets, too. :-)
Broken down especially for Shilala :-)
-Coach takes Green Bay and Houston, He is giving you 2 points with your pick of Atlanta and Tampa Bay (so from your post, if you lose by more than 2 points to him, you lose a 5'er plus 1 more for the 2 points he is spotting you, so you would owe 6. If you win or lose by 2 points or less, he pays a troop 5'er.

-He wants to go head to head with you in the FF week and spot you 6 points. If you win, or lose by 6 points or less, he pays a troop 5'er, if you lose by more than 6 points you owe a troop 5'er.

-If either you or him win both bets, the loser has to put in another troop 5'er and a personal 5'er to the other person.

Potential lost sticks...15 troops, 5 personal.

Whew...got it :-)

I only broke this down in the chance that Coach doesn't get back on to do it himself before the games. Coach, update as needed.
[Reply]
shilala 10:30 AM 11-02-2012
Thanks Cole!!! :-)
I wasn't sure if the head to head was a troop fiver or personal fiver. I'm perfectly good with the terms as you laid them out. I hope that's what Mike meant.
[Reply]
jkim05 11:35 AM 11-02-2012
I'll take you on Scott, whatever you want to bet.
[Reply]
chaase321 11:39 AM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by jkim05:
I'll take you on Scott, whatever you want to bet.
You have to put it in plain English for Scott to understand...:-)

Scott, Jeremy wants to make a bet with you. He is allowing you to choose the bet and the payout. You understand?

:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:56 AM 11-02-2012
Lol, thanks Cole. :-)
Jeremy, how bout a troop fiver? The bet is lowest total points in an ff matchup this week. I'll take my matchup between Stephen and I. You can take whoever you want.
I'll extend the "For every two points you give me, I'll go another troop smoke" deal, too. You could make me lose lots of cigars. :-)

If you want my matchup with Stephen, I'll pick a different one. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 04:33 PM 11-02-2012
Looks good to me!
[Reply]
chaase321 06:54 AM 11-06-2012
Daumn I lost by like 2 points! Come on Drew Brees, throw one more pass for 5 yards :-)

Looks like after half the season we have found that no one is unstoppable, and that the race for 3rd and 4th is getting heated. :-)

Also, bump for Pass status.
[Reply]
Stephen 04:03 PM 11-06-2012
Daumn I lost by like 2 points!
Well, you could be losing by 80 like I've been lately, that's always a nice treat.
Also, bump for Pass status.
I have it at the house. Haven't had a chance to go through it yet, and won't have an opportunity tonight. Will try to do so tomorrow.
[Reply]
shilala 09:50 AM 11-08-2012
I think my bets shook out like this...
I lost to Cole, I owe a troop fiver.
I lost one to Coach and he lost one to me, we each owe a troop fiver.
Stephen lost to me, he owes me a fiver and a troop fiver.
Jeremy and I never finished our bet, but I'll assume I lost that one and owe a troop fiver.
Does that all sound right? Did I miss anything?
[Reply]
mkarnold1 09:56 AM 11-08-2012
Hey guys, I am going to be in Myrtle Beach until next Friday. Just a thought, but I may need to be a little later in line on the pass to keep it going. Perhaps sending it to Mattso3000 next is a good idea. I could go after him or later on, whatever works best.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 26
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up