Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 5131415 16 >
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
chachee52 06:15 AM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Has anyone caught the interview Polian gave the NFN network?
The guy must be a senile old fool, and he must lose sleep over the Patriots? :-)
What'd he say?
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 06:25 AM 12-30-2009
He was rambling about records and had to drag the Pats in.
It's all over NESN Spots Desk and Comcast Sports Centeral.
[Reply]
chachee52 06:37 AM 12-30-2009
I'll turn it on and check it out. I love watching people babble on about sports when they don't know what they are talking about!!!
[Reply]
chachee52 07:14 AM 12-30-2009
Great video!! He is very photogenic!!! Made my day!! Thanks for the heads up!!
I always will remember the teams that have the longest regular season winning streak but don't win all the games in one season........ ummmmmm?
[Reply]
dogface_313 11:29 AM 01-03-2010
Welker.... Noooooooooooo!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:46 AM 01-03-2010
I hate to say it that don't look good :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:41 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by chachee52:
What'd he say?
Yeah Polian is one of the worst GM's in the NFL....do you even know who he is?:-)

Wow. sorry to hear about the welker injury.:-) Pretty much ends the Patsies season.

what a senile old fool Polian was to decide to sit his starters so things like this don't happen.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:44 PM 01-03-2010
As much as I don't like the Patriots, hate to see a very good player go down that way.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:49 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Yeah, I'll be losing sleep about it tonight Carlos.
I won't either but would prefer to see Bill lose with all his players so no excuses.
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:50 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I won't either but would prefer to see Bill lose with all his players so no excuses.
word!:-):-)
[Reply]
taltos 01:11 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
That makes perfect sense. Welker is a little guy and gets open by finding space in the defense. When the play starts on or near the goal line the defense is tighter because there is less space to play in. So, it's harder for Welker to get open in these situations.

Moss on the other hand has height and can jump. So, even when he's covered . . . he's not covered. Smaller spaces don't affect him like they do Welker.

My mother-in-law was at the game today and said Vince was up in the Fidelity Clubhouse with his wife. She asked for an autograph and was told "if I give you one I have to give everyone one." Vince is my favorite player and I can understand he wants some level of privacy but if a fan asks for an autograph it should be given. If you don't want people bothering you go watch from Kraft's box or at home. If there were no fans willing to pay for tickets and paraphenalia, Vince would not be able to make a living playing a game.
If he were out on the town, he is in the right to refuse to give an autograph but on game day in the Patriots facility, he should have given her an autograph. This is pr for the Pats and can only do them good if he signs and bad if he refuses. This is not the way that Kraft has trained his players.
[Reply]
Mikey202 01:15 PM 01-03-2010
Hate to admit it.......but I'm pullin' for the Pats to win today.:-)
[Reply]
TonySmith 01:33 PM 01-03-2010
Kris Brown is the Pats best defensive player :-)
[Reply]
Mikey202 02:17 PM 01-03-2010
Damn u Pats!!!:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:42 PM 01-03-2010
Two tough losses today, Welker and the game.

Some thoughts:

I'm puzzled by Belicheck's move re: Brady. In for thr start of the game, out for the second quarter, back in for the third and part of the fourh then out to finish the game. He certainly remains unpredictible.

My heart goes out to Wes Welker. I've rarely seen anyone play with more heart than he has this year. Heal quickly!

Our secondary is VERY vulnerable when the opposing QB has time and Schaub had lots of time today.

Run defense missed Wilfork and Warren today.

Hoyer looks a LOT more mobile than Brady. I personally would have had Hoyer in for the entire game, but I'm not the coach.

I can't figure out whether sitting Maroney and Faulk was to rest them or because they were in the dog house?

All in all this was a weird game. On the one hand many starters played so one would think Bill was pushing to win the game. On the other hand, there were strange substitution patterns everywhere throughout the game that would seem to indicate he was trying to give the backups some work and rest the starters. The only thing I can figure is that he wanted to have it both ways, win the game AND give a lot of rest to starters and experience to backups. Unfortunately it all seemed to backfire.

Well, no sense crying over spilt milk. On to the playoffs. Let's dedicate them to Welker.
[Reply]
2000ARMY 10:23 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Yeah Polian is one of the worst GM's in the NFL....do you even know who he is?:-)

Wow. sorry to hear about the welker injury.:-) Pretty much ends the Patsies season.

what a senile old fool Polian was to decide to sit his starters so things like this don't happen.
You obviously didn't watch the Colts game today..... because guess who started for the Colts? So your point goes out the window now doesn't it?
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:36 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by 2000ARMY:
You obviously didn't watch the Colts game today..... because guess who started for the Colts? So your point goes out the window now doesn't it?
Actually, I did.

How long did Manning play for? And why were he, Clark and Wayne playing at all? I know why, but do you?:-)
How long did Brady play for?

Personally, I didn't agree, and don't necessarily agree with resting starters, so it's not "my point", it's Polian's point. And his point is not to let happen exactly what happenned to Welker. So I guess he has a point:-)
[Reply]
2000ARMY 04:42 AM 01-04-2010
Welker's injury happened on the first drive ..... How is not finishing a game safer than starting a game in the snow?

And I do know why they started ..... more meaning less stats that are a lot less than going 19-0
[Reply]
chachee52 06:51 AM 01-04-2010
Bad loss with Welker. He's out for the long hall with a blown ACL possible MCL (same as Brady last year). As for "resting Mauroney, if you remember he didn't play after the first series of last game because he fumbled the ball. I personally don't like that decision, he needs reps mentally because he needs to play or he shuts down!!
As for not starting other starters: they are in a routine, they need to play at least part of the game. I disagree totally with what the Colts are doing. Basically they are "resting" players for almost 4 weeks!!!!! They get out of rhythem by then.
Now Pats fans just hope that Mauroney can step it up, Faulk and Edleman can pick up Welker's weight!! Which the Pats have done in the past with other players!!!!!
[Reply]
VTDragon 02:15 PM 01-10-2010
Patriots Football -Mission Failed.

Congratulations Baltimore. You wanted it more. You came into Gillette and punched us in the mouth and we folded. Today we did nothing right. Brady was at his worst, and most everyone else, (except Kevin Faulk and Julien Edleman) was just as bad.

It was an interesting season for us Pats fans. Lots of exciting moments and a lot of fun games but in the end we were just not good enough.

I just hope the Jets get their butts kicked in San Diego. Beyond that I have no rooting interest in any of the teams left in the hunt except who I get in our local Super Bowl pool in a couple of weeks.

How about those offseason moves by the Red Sox?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 5131415 16 >
Up