Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 45
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Sports>NHL '13-'14 Season Thread
icehog3 04:32 PM 03-06-2014
Bryzgalov never does anything but sh!t his pants in the playoffs. No clue why the Wild did this with Backstrom and Kuemper......Pete, do you really think Backstrom will be "off the roster"? I'd be shocked.

Moulson is a nice pick up though, especially if they can resign him after this season.
E.J. 09:22 PM 03-06-2014
Nice win....in the fact that I think the Avs were out played and got their 2 points. Not sure if it was big win Tuesday and looking at Saturday, but looked flat and out of sorts. Will take the 2 points and move forward. Guess there is something to say for clutching up?
E.J. 09:29 PM 03-06-2014
Add:MacKinnon just broke the Great One's record for most consecutive points as a rook, impressive run. Kid is a MONSTER and a great call by Avs management.
dvickery 10:33 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Add:MacKinnon just broke the Great One's record for most consecutive points as a rook, impressive run. Kid is a MONSTER and a great call by Avs management.
avs management would have taken seth jones ... you can thank pat roy for getting mackinnon ... roy on his own .

jones' dad had connections with denver as a bball player and he is american ... pressure to pick jones was probably enormous .

derrek
drjammer 07:48 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am guessing they will meet in the first round of the playoffs, only question to be settled is who will have home ice. :-)
Should be interesting to see how it plays out. I also would like to congratulate Nathan MacKinnon for breaking Gretzky's rookie point streak record :-):-):-):-)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads
E.J. 03:34 PM 03-08-2014
Tough loss....
icehog3 04:20 PM 03-08-2014
Good game though, Avs playued tough. Avs, Blues and Hawks imght be 3 of the best 4 teams in the NHL right now, and all in the same division.
drjammer 08:37 AM 03-09-2014
Good game though, Avs playued tough. Avs, Blues and Hawks imght be 3 of the best 4 teams in the NHL right now, and all in the same division.
:-)
AdamJoshua 09:56 PM 03-09-2014
Nice, Bruins put 5 past Louuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and Chad Johnson got his 12th win.
icehog3 12:18 AM 03-10-2014
Patrick Kane gets a highlight reel goal, Toews adds one, and the Hawks get a 2-1 win in Buffalo.
mahtofire14 11:42 AM 03-10-2014
Bryzgalov never does anything but sh!t his pants in the playoffs. No clue why the Wild did this with Backstrom and Kuemper......Pete, do you really think Backstrom will be "off the roster"? I'd be shocked.

Moulson is a nice pick up though, especially if they can resign him after this season.
He's out for the season and promise you he won't be back next season. He is garbage. I could score on a wraparound against him. He cannot move side to side anymore, and I haven't even mentioned his sandy female parts. He is made of glass. The minute he "hurt" himself during warmups of the game one against your Hawks, last season, he was done. Lost everybody's respect in this town, including the team. Keumper is quality. Just needed a competent back up for him. Bryz won't see a game in the playoffs unless Keumper gets hurt.
icehog3 01:15 PM 03-10-2014
Thanks for the insight, Pete, I had no idea that's what was going on in Minni....
mahtofire14 03:43 PM 03-10-2014
Thanks for the insight, Pete, I had no idea that's what was going on in Minni....
Sorry I get a little fired up on the Backstrom topic. Haven't liked him for two years. Just never plays and is always injured with tiny little things. Like right now. Out for the season with an abdominal injury that we heard about for the first time when they signed the Bryz. I think it's so they don't have to cut him publicly.
icehog3 05:12 PM 03-10-2014
Hopefully Bryz is better for you than he was for the Flyers and Oilers.
AdamJoshua 10:10 PM 03-10-2014
Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench during the Stars game, hate to see that specially with his heart issues, seems he's going to be ok. Loved him with the Bruins, good hard working blue collar guy.
mahtofire14 12:47 AM 03-11-2014
Hopefully Bryz is better for you than he was for the Flyers and Oilers.
He might be. We have a much better defense than both of those teams did when he was in goal.
icehog3 12:58 AM 03-11-2014
Prayers for Peverly.

Hoped the Jets could pull it off Vs the Avs. No cigar, but an entertaining game.
drjammer 07:42 AM 03-11-2014
Prayers for Peverly.

Hoped the Jets could pull it off Vs the Avs. No cigar, but an entertaining game.
Scary stuff hopefully he is ok.

Great game for the Avs, still biting at the Hawks heals Tom :-)
E.J. 09:12 AM 03-11-2014
Prayers for Peverly.

Agree, sending good JuJu to Peverly, crazy stuff. Watching that on ESPN this AM gave me chills, could not imagine being on the bench for something like that.

Fell asleep before the end of the Avs game ended. Happy they pulled it out. X2 that it happened in front of Byfuglien, after his hijinx previous game with him and Varlamov. Have I mentioned he rubs me wrong.:-). GO AVS!
E.J. 09:15 AM 03-11-2014
ADD: hockey players....Peverly reportedly asked in the ambulance if he could go back in the game....crazy.
Page 15 of 45
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up