Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 31
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Sports>*2010 MLB Thread*
VirtualSmitty 04:52 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington tested positive for cocaine. I didn't know they tested anyone other than players.
Looks like he's retiring.
Looks like he isn't. Which is surprising given that the manager is the face of the franchise.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:53 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Looks like he isn't. Which is surprising given that the manager is the face of the franchise.
:-)

He should step down.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:57 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
:-)

He should step down.
Well, going by the article on MLB.com, he offered to last year but Nolan refused it :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:59 PM 03-17-2010
Well, going by the article on MLB.com, he offered to last year but Nolan refused it :-)
I didn't read the whole article. Now I see it. At least he did offer to resign.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:55 PM 03-17-2010
He offered to resign, Nolan Ryan did not accept the resignation. Washington has gone through the MLB drug program and has passed the drug test's. He has also requested to continue the three times a week drug testing. He has had issues with drugs over the years so this is nothing new for him.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:15 PM 03-20-2010
Bad sign for Mariners fans, Milton Bradley got ejected from his second straight spring training game.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:19 PM 03-20-2010
Bad sign for Mariners fans, Milton Bradley got ejected from his second straight spring training game.
Wow, what a shock. He's always been such a good citizen.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:23 PM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Wow, what a shock. He's always been such a good citizen.
I don't know what Seattle was thinking when they thought picking him up would be a good idea. They should have just kept Branyan :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:35 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by :
All-Star catcher Joe Mauer and Minnesota completed an eight-year, $184 million deal.
Even though I would love to have seen him as a Yankee, it is best for baseball as a whole that he stayed with the Twins instead of going to the Yankees or Red Sox.

Now for the bad news Twins fans.

Originally Posted by :
Minnesota Twins closer Joe Nathan will miss the 2010 season because of a right elbow injury that will require surgery.

[Reply]
Starscream 09:12 AM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Even though I would love to have seen him as a Yankee, it is best for baseball as a whole that he stayed with the Twins instead of going to the Yankees or Red Sox.

Now for the bad news Twins fans.
I wish more teams would sign deals like this. I like lifetime players with one team. Free Agency sucks.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:16 AM 03-22-2010
I wish more teams would sign deals like this. I like lifetime players with one team. Free Agency sucks.:-)
Free agency does not suck for the players though. Free agency is definately needed, the problem is the players union has gotten too powerful. Hopefully more players will follow Joe's lead and take less money to allow a team to build around him.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:52 AM 03-22-2010
Free agency does not suck for the players though. Free agency is definately needed, the problem is the players union has gotten too powerful. Hopefully more players will follow Joe's lead and take less money to allow a team to build around him.
23 mil a year is less money? I guess compared to the Yankees payroll it is...:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:53 AM 03-22-2010
23 mil a year is less money? I guess compared to the Yankees payroll it is...:-)
With what he would have made on the open market it is.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:59 PM 03-22-2010
+1 for the Twins on locking up Mauer. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:09 PM 03-22-2010
Other recent news: Eric Gagne was given his release from the Dodgers after not making the roster.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:12 PM 03-22-2010
Other recent news: Eric Gagne was given his release from the Dodgers after not making the roster.
Total shock there...:-) :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:13 PM 03-22-2010
He accepted the demotion to AAA then asked to be released. He has never been the same since he stopped taking roids.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:51 AM 03-23-2010
With what he would have made on the open market it is.
He still got the fourth highest contract ever. It's great for the Twins now, but I wonder how it will effect their budget go forward. They have a lot of money tied up in Mauer and Morneau.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:46 PM 03-23-2010
He still got the fourth highest contract ever. It's great for the Twins now, but I wonder how it will effect their budget go forward. They have a lot of money tied up in Mauer and Morneau.
Either of the two get plagued w/ injuries and the team is fugged.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:55 PM 03-31-2010
OMG!!!

What realistic like nightmare last night.

Dreamed two games left in the season and the Yankees had to win both to make the playoffs.
They lost due to an error in the 9th.
Man I was pissed.

Then, to make things worse, the Red Sox made the playoffs.

I woke up with heart palpatations.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 31
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up