Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 38
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
357 11:08 AM 07-25-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Dempster has still not approved the trade to the Braves.

The deal the Tigers did is just fine with me fwiw. While Infante is a very nice upgrade for their infield, Sanchez is inconsistent, so he's a bit of a wild card it seems. Does it make the Tigers better able to compete? Yeah for sure. But I still can't believe the kitties gave up thier best pitching prospect in Turner, a Top 20 MLB pospect. Half a season of Sanchez over 6 or more from Turner? I like this deal as a Sox fan. I guess you can make sense of this as the Tigers owner.. He wants a WS before he dies I guess. Make the moves that will help you win NOW, money/long term team building no object. This deal will boil down to Sanchez performing. While I said he's inconsistent, which he is, he also has NOT been seen in the AL so this could prove trouble for hitters..

Will Kenny make another move for the Sox? My guess is yes. In Kenny We Trust!!
To be honest I don't think Turner is going to be the player we all hoped. He was in spring training and couldn't beat Smyly for the 5th spot. Worse yet, he was bad and had what was described as a "dead arm". He lost his velocity and struggled to locate his fastball in both the minors and his starts in the bigs. Thank God he pulled it together in his last start as a Tiger to help us move him. Because Sanchez is not signed, the Tigers also swapped pics with Miami moving up a round or two next year to help offset the fact Sanchez could be a rental. In addition, if he does not re-sign, the Tigers are supposed to get another pick of some kind. At least that's what I read.

Current stats combined for the Tigers at 2B, .175 BA, sub .200 OBP, etc. Infante is hitting .287, with an OBP over .310 I believe. Big upgrade offensively and defensively compared to K-Burn I mean Raburn. I hope both Sanchez and Infante work out and that we're able to re-up with Sanchez.
Blak Smyth 11:19 AM 07-25-2012
Sounds like the Dodgers are making some bold moves, I hope it works out.
Kemp and Ramirez could be great on the same line up (Gotta stay optimistic!).
Could be a great HR & SB tandem!
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:39 AM 07-28-2012
Any thoughts on deadline deals getting done? Greinke is a Halo now, Josh Johnson is the best SP left on the market
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:39 AM 07-30-2012
Danks may be put down for the year for surgery, key word may. No link to this just close people the the ChiSox organization. Frankie better show up to play, that's all I can say.. I assume if Danks does need surgery, we will here the news this week. Also, KW needs to move Floyd imo..
icehog3 08:15 AM 07-30-2012
I heard Hawk (my Buddy) saying that the Sox would be moving to a 6 man rotation, maybe he wants y'all to keep Floyd. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:20 AM 07-30-2012
We have enough SP's for a 7 man rotation right now:-) I guess that's a good thing right now... Sox can't be done "buying", not sure what is next though.
CRIMPS 08:23 AM 07-30-2012
With the pitching injuries to the Rangers and the price of Josh Johnson still being close to the moon, apparently, it sounds like the rangers are looking for a reliever and then move Ogando back to the rotation.

Just when you think you have all the pitching depth in the world :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:26 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
With the pitching injuries to the Rangers and the price of Josh Johnson still being close to the moon, apparently, it sounds like the rangers are looking for a reliever and then move Ogando back to the rotation.

You guys had your offense shut down by the Sox for 3 games this past weekend too:-)

What's up with Josh Hamilton? Talk about hitting a brick wall..
jonumberone 08:29 AM 07-30-2012
Can never have enough starting pitching!!!!!!!!!!
I remember spring training when the Yanks rotation looked like
1) Sabathia
2)Nova
3)Michael Pineda
4) Hiroki Kurroda

5) Aj Burnett or Freddy Garcia or Phill hughes
Then they went and signed Andy Pettite

That seems like such a long time ago! :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:35 AM 07-30-2012
Cooper on Liriano. Interesting..
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2563686.story
CRIMPS 09:55 AM 07-30-2012
You guys had your offense shut down by the Sox for 3 games this past weekend too:-)

What's up with Josh Hamilton? Talk about hitting a brick wall..
Uhh, as much as I would like to give credit to the sox... this team has been shut down by everyone in July. Crazy how bad the offense has been. No idea how we have put together wins.

Josh Hamilton is so lost right now. Last night was the best I have seen him this month and he didn't even have a hit. As bad as he has been, Michael Young is right there with him. Of Course, Michael Young isn't in a slump... he is just done. Done!!!

Worst team, EVER!!! (even though we are 5 games up).
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:01 AM 07-30-2012
Uhh, as much as I would like to give credit to the sox... this team has been shut down by everyone in July. Crazy how bad the offense has been. No idea how we have put together wins.

Josh Hamilton is so lost right now. Last night was the best I have seen him this month and he didn't even have a hit. As bad as he has been, Michael Young is right there with him. Of Course, Michael Young isn't in a slump... he is just done. Done!!!

Worst team, EVER!!! (even though we are 5 games up).
5 game lead is amazing for how bad Texas has played recently. I think the Sox are 4-2 against Texas this year, so we've played well against them anyways:-)
CRIMPS 11:39 AM 07-30-2012
Adam Dunn clearly loves playing in our Park.
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:43 AM 07-31-2012
Deadline is almost here, still seems like a lot of guys left to be moved..
CRIMPS 08:22 AM 07-31-2012
Deadline is almost here, still seems like a lot of guys left to be moved..
Was thinking the same thing. Curious to see which prices are dropped significantly in the next few hours.
kelmac07 10:38 AM 07-31-2012
Victorino to the Dodgers and Kemp says he will move to left field. :-)
BigAsh 10:55 AM 07-31-2012
....and now Pence to the Giants!....FIRE SALE!!!!!
CRIMPS 11:13 AM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Victorino to the Dodgers and Kemp says he will move to left field. :-)
I don't watch the Phillies often at all... however, I'm thinking Kemp would be a much better center Fielder than Victorino.

Am I high? :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:44 AM 07-31-2012
Dbacks looking at Garza pretty seriously
BigAsh 11:47 AM 07-31-2012
I don't watch the Phillies often at all... however, I'm thinking Kemp would be a much better center Fielder than Victorino.

Am I high? :-)
Defensively I think Victorino is better...
Page 15 of 38
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up