Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 149 of 350
« First < 4999139147148149 150151159199249 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Chris. 07:00 PM 11-04-2009
holy crap! I would have loved to see that in my gym!
The Professor 08:54 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Damn, I woulda had to run into the bathroom and not waste the wood...

Benched tonight. Flat then some incline. 395x3. I had some extra reps in me for sure but I figured better save some up. I benched on Fri., but I'm training with an older powerlifter now twice a week so had to change things up again.

I stopped training with a few of the jackass a few months ago, but the new gym has a few seasoned powerlifters that work out there. One of the guy has a 750 bench, and grand squat. So I think I'll settle down there for awhile.

I squatted out of the monolift (dokk ) and it kicked ass. been awhile since I squatted out of one. Really makes me hate walking the weight out.
I shed a tear of joy.

Haven't been to the gym since before I got sick. I hope I can hit it once or twice before I leave for Chicago next week. Leave for DC this Friday, though, too. :-)

I can't wait for December 7th -- all the traveling will be done and I can get serious about my training again.
icehog3 10:18 PM 11-04-2009
Benched tonight. Flat then some incline. 395x3. I had some extra reps in me for sure but I figured better save some up.
Kickin' some ass, Frank! :-) :-)
BigFrank 02:22 PM 11-05-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I shed a tear of joy.

Haven't been to the gym since before I got sick. I hope I can hit it once or twice before I leave for Chicago next week. Leave for DC this Friday, though, too. :-)

I can't wait for December 7th -- all the traveling will be done and I can get serious about my training again.
How long you in DC for?

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Kickin' some ass, Frank! :-) :-)
Thx brother!
The Professor 03:00 PM 11-05-2009
How long you in DC for?

Thx brother!
Just the weekend.
PeteSB75 07:20 AM 11-06-2009
Volume shoulder day for me. DB OH Press, Upright Rows, Front/Side Lat raises and finished off with some ab work.
BigFrank 01:16 PM 11-06-2009
Got home from doctors I have a viral cold. Pointless to even go to the Dr.'s he said get some advil. muceniex (sp?) fluids and go to sleep. Sleep hardest part. No pulling tonight resume program on Monday. Might sauna it up tomorrow. No weight loss or anything crazy. 251lbs... lol Bodyweight is stuck right at 250 regardless of how crappy I eat. Which I guess is good. 7-8 pounds of weight to cut before a contest.

Theres a push pull contest about an hour away week before thanksgiving. I may compete. If not I will be there, guy I train with is a judge at it. Nothing huge, but might be a decent comp to hit.

Talked to a guy last night on the phone. He said he only pulls every other week, but squats heavy every week. something new to think about.
icehog3 02:47 PM 11-06-2009
Hope you feel better by Monday, Frank.

Hit chest hard today, following it up with a hockey game tonight.
Chris. 02:52 PM 11-06-2009
Hope you feel better soon Frank!

Had a good workout today. Bench, power cleans to overhead press, shrugs, lots of ab work, back extensions, pec flys, and cardio. My abs and lower back are really feelin it right now.
BigFrank 03:18 PM 11-06-2009
Hope you feel better by Monday, Frank.

Hit chest hard today, following it up with a hockey game tonight.
Yea hoping it clears up the next two days for sure. Good luck at HOOOKEY ( canadian impersonation )
Originally Posted by Chris.:
Hope you feel better soon Frank!

Had a good workout today. Bench, power cleans to overhead press, shrugs, lots of ab work, back extensions, pec flys, and cardio. My abs and lower back are really feelin it right now.
Next time you work out. Do your power cleans first, but do them low weight and high rep for a good warmup. Does a good job getting your body fired up.
Chris. 04:17 PM 11-06-2009
I'll try that! They sure do get my heart rate up! I love power cleans, but I hate em. lol
BigFrank 07:41 AM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I'll try that! They sure do get my heart rate up! I love power cleans, but I hate em. lol
They do the same for me also. I was always worried about getting gased doing them. But I usually just put 135 on the bar and do 3-4 sets of 10 reps. After that im soaked.
Cleans are good for ya get ya a big upper back and traps.
DavenportESQ 09:05 AM 11-07-2009
They do the same for me also. I was always worried about getting gased doing them. But I usually just put 135 on the bar and do 3-4 sets of 10 reps. After that im soaked.
The only problem about doing high rep cleans are when you become tired and your form goes make sure you do not jeopardize your back to get extra reps..

Weirdly for me *Maybe its because I have done them for a long time* but I feel like I actually use better technique when I use heavier weight. I think when I am warming up I am not really focused, and I almost do like a muscle up mix reverse curl, upright row clean mix...

I actually prefer to do snatch pulls because I feel the technique is easier, and you have to do use good technique to be able to do it
PeteSB75 09:41 AM 11-07-2009
Spin this morning. Been a while since I've gone and with a different instructor. Really kicked my a$$.

Hope you're feeling better, Frank.
BigFrank 01:38 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
The only problem about doing high rep cleans are when you become tired and your form goes make sure you do not jeopardize your back to get extra reps..

Weirdly for me *Maybe its because I have done them for a long time* but I feel like I actually use better technique when I use heavier weight. I think when I am warming up I am not really focused, and I almost do like a muscle up mix reverse curl, upright row clean mix...

I actually prefer to do snatch pulls because I feel the technique is easier, and you have to do use good technique to be able to do it
Ya I agree with ya there definitely. That's part of the reason I'm using such light weight. Snatch grip is a little uncomfortable for me. A lot of times, I will do hang cleans to cut out part of the lower body movement. I've been doing them at least once a week now, and my GF said my traps and neck were getting bigger so, I think I might be onto something here LOL!!!
Chris. 03:29 PM 11-07-2009

lol, I just do them with 105-115lbs. I try to increase weight on each set, but by the time I get to the last one, I'm worn out. lol I noticed last time I did the power clean-overhead press that my traps killed me for like 4 days! I'm really hoping to increase their size and definition. I've never been a fan of hang cleans for some reason...
icehog3 04:45 PM 11-07-2009
What do you do when you wake up with a massive Guinness and Jameson hangover?

Heavy back workout, of course. But I'm glad it's over. :-) :-)
PeteSB75 05:44 PM 11-08-2009
What do you do when you wake up with a massive Guinness and Jameson hangover?

Heavy back workout, of course. But I'm glad it's over. :-) :-)
Sounds good to me :-)

Final day of my volume week today, doing some squats and deads. Doing squats at an appropriate weight for larger numbers of reps really takes it out of me like nothing else does. I could barely dead, I was so beat after. Anyway, squatted for 245x10,255x10,265x10, then deads for 275x5, 315x1. Had every intention of going for 8-10 reps at 275 and I barely made it through 5. Figured since I couldn't make it through the volume at 275 I would go heavier and do low reps. I barely got the 315 up and couldn't get up the second rep. Decided I was done for the day, walked on the treadmill for a bit, stretched, and went home. Dunno if it was the squats, my general stress level, spin yesterday, whatever. Just beat as hell. Oh well, heavy chest day tomorrow. Looking forward to it :-)
icehog3 09:50 PM 11-08-2009
Have a good one, Pete! :-)

I am off the gym tomorrow after 7 straight days...looking forward to that! :-)
DavenportESQ 10:02 PM 11-08-2009
I hit it hard on sat. I have been doing some T bar rows, decided to switch it up and work some bent over rows..I am sore..I dig it need more work with these on my pressing days
Page 149 of 350
« First < 4999139147148149 150151159199249 > Last »
Up