Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 147 of 225
« First < 4797137145146147 148149157197 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 08:13 AM 12-04-2011
Redsfest was packed! It was a good time though.

Here is a picture of my aunt and I with Jay Bruce. He was super friendly, shook my hand, and didn't come off as a jerk

George Foster:

Dusty Baker:

[Reply]
elderboy02 08:14 AM 12-04-2011
I took this photo just for you Adam. I know Drew Stubbs your boy:

[Reply]
Starscream 09:38 AM 12-06-2011
Can't see the pics at work. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Glad you enjoyed it, Dan.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:05 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I took this photo just for you Adam. I know Drew Stubbs your boy:

Stubbs and EV! The two greatest Reds to have ever played the game!:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:40 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Stubbs and EV! The two greatest Reds to have ever played the game!:-)
Future Hall of Famers right there. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:47 PM 12-06-2011
Heard on the radio that we may trade Volquez to the Rockies for Hueston.

I like it :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 06:24 PM 12-06-2011
Damn, Redsfest looks fun!
[Reply]
Starscream 12:32 PM 12-07-2011
Heard on the radio that we may trade Volquez to the Rockies for Hueston.

I like it :-)
I'm hearing that that deal fell through. Street is too expensive. I'd rather go with someone we've already got than to pay out $8 million for him.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:15 PM 12-07-2011
Question: How do you guys feel about the ownership of the Reds? Do you truly believe that Bob wants to bring winning baseball back to Cincinnati, or was that all a sham just to sell tickets? We had 2010, but last offseason and this offseason make me feel like we are getting intentionally shafted.

Bob is definitely not Mike Brown by any means, but I'm starting to wonder about him.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:30 PM 12-07-2011
Question: How do you guys feel about the ownership of the Reds? Do you truly believe that Bob wants to bring winning baseball back to Cincinnati, or was that all a sham just to sell tickets? We had 2010, but last offseason and this offseason make me feel like we are getting intentionally shafted.

Bob is definitely not Mike Brown by any means, but I'm starting to wonder about him.
It makes me wonder if they do aspire to compete in this division. Not making a move while the teams around them seem to make moves is pretty bad. The Reds were coming off their luckiest season in years and didn't do anything to improve the team. Now they are back to where they belonged the year before and don't seem to want to get back to the top. Luckily for them, the Cards and Brew Crew might be getting weaker if they both lose their first basemen. :-)

This could be the last year they can compete in this division, once Votto and Phillips find greener pastures. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:54 PM 12-07-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It makes me wonder if they do aspire to compete in this division. Not making a move while the teams around them seem to make moves is pretty bad. The Reds were coming off their luckiest season in years and didn't do anything to improve the team. Now they are back to where they belonged the year before and don't seem to want to get back to the top. Luckily for them, the Cards and Brew Crew might be getting weaker if they both lose their first basemen. :-)

This could be the last year they can compete in this division, once Votto and Phillips find greener pastures. :-)
Exactly. We did nothing while the rest of the division made big trades at the deadline this past year. Walt seemed to just hope that those trades didn't pan out. Now in the offseason, all that's coming from Walt is that we will be good IF Pujols and Fielder move on. It seems as if this is the "sit on our hands" management and ownership lately. And if they don't make a big trade or some significant acquisition this year, guess who they will lay the blame on. Us because you and I (we the fans) didn't put enough @sses in seats this past season.

As for BP and Votto, I'm confident that we'll sign BP to a four year deal this offseason, but I'm afraid Votto will be gone after next year, and we'll have traded away his replacement for a bottom of the rotation pitcher.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:52 PM 12-07-2011
I think they are trying to win. I think they will make a lot of moves this off season since they didnt get very far last year. I think the owners thought they would be lucky again like they were the season before
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:37 AM 12-08-2011
I think they are trying to win. I think they will make a lot of moves this off season since they didnt get very far last year. I think the owners thought they would be lucky again like they were the season before
The problem is, the market for top-tier pitchers is too high (and they aren't all that great), relievers are sparse and the true prize free agents are at a position they don't need. They could have used Reyes, but he was at a steep price. :-)

Maybe now that Ramirez is upset about trying to move to 3B he would be open to come :-)

There were some pretty good players out there last year and teams in the Reds division improved while they stayed stagnant. And there certainly hasn't been much news about them making any 'blockbuster' moves this offseason. :-)

The Reds can't put butts in seat if they don't win, the Marlins are making moves to try and fill their seats, even if they may not win with them. The Reds have the feeling of the Bengals in that they don't seem to put a ton of effort into winning, just the bottom line. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:43 AM 12-08-2011

As for BP and Votto, I'm confident that we'll sign BP to a four year deal this offseason, but I'm afraid Votto will be gone after next year, and we'll have traded away his replacement for a bottom of the rotation pitcher.
If Votto leaves, they have no true #3 hitter on their roster and doesn't appear to have anyone waiting. Bruce is locked up, but he serves better as a 4-6 hitter and without someone infront/behind him he may struggle even more. :-)

Phillips would be nice to keep, but I think he really wants to play for a contender. Nothing worse than being an All-Star/Gold Glove winner on a bad team. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:46 AM 12-08-2011
Looks like Albert will only bother them in the World Serious now.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:56 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Looks like Albert will only bother them in the World Serious now.
10 years - $250 million and a true no-trade clause. It would have been nice to see the Cardinals step up to the plate and make him a serious offer before the season, they balked, he walked. Works out well for Albert, given that he is signed thru age 41 and he can switch to the DH if he gets a little to creaky for 1B in the future. He can certainly be a contender for the AL MVP immediately, and is playing for an immediate contender. :-)

Well, so far it is working out for the Reds, other teams in the division are getting weaker. Votto is a lock for the All-Star Game starter now that he is gone, and assuming Fielder goes to the AL. :-)

As an aside to this, the Cardinals now have a need at firstbase and Votto is an upcoming free agent. The Cardinals will certainly spend more money than the Reds to try to get him if they are players in the Votto-Derby if he will listen. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:01 AM 12-08-2011
Good news for Reds fans, but bad news for baseball in general. Pujols looks like a d0uche b/c of this. Whatever happened to loyalty to the fans and organization that made him? Pujols was set for life, but he traded it all for a couple more million dollars. I hope his numbers go in the tank, starting with this upcoming year.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:05 AM 12-08-2011
Good news for Reds fans, but bad news for baseball in general. Pujols looks like a d0uche b/c of this. Whatever happened to loyalty to the fans and organization that made him? Pujols was set for life, but he traded it all for a couple more million dollars. I hope his numbers go in the tank, starting with this upcoming year.
+1. I mean what the hell is a few million dollars when you are getting 200+ million already.

I am glad he is out of the division though :-)
[Reply]
criracer 09:22 AM 12-08-2011
If It's only a few million more dollars then St. Louis should have came up with the money. I don't blame Pujols for taking the most money he can get.

But I agree it will be great to have him out of our division.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:22 AM 12-08-2011
Will this be the same attitude if Votto peaces out after he is a FA? :-)

It looks like it might be about $50 million more money and the Angels are making some serious moves to be contenders immediately. :-)

I really thought he was pretty willing to stay on the Cardinals, but they couldn't come up with the scratch and maybe there was something behind closed doors we missed. If they really wanted Pujols, they had many oppotunities in the last 2 years to take care of him, maybe he felt a bit unwanted there. :-)
[Reply]
Page 147 of 225
« First < 4797137145146147 148149157197 > Last »
Up