Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 146 of 225
« First < 4696136144145146 147148156196 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
elderboy02 08:20 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I think any right-minded fan would. :-)
I would give him up, but we would need to get something decent. He sure does strike out a ton, but his OBP isn't that horrible.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:22 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Thom said I was giving away to much for the guy, but they're all scrubs to me.
3 players might be much for a pitcher coming off an injury, but one of them and a Single/Double A pitching prospect. I would like to see Heisey as a full-time player before he is a scrub. Stubbs is an over-hyped scrub. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:24 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I would give him up, but we would need to get something decent. He sure does strike out a ton, but his OBP isn't that horrible.
Take away his 50 walks he gets by not moving the bat and his OBP drops like a rock. He strikes out a ton, isn't as good in the field as they claim him to be and doesn't provide any boost in the leadoff that most of the league gets. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:27 AM 11-23-2011
3 players might be much for a pitcher coming off an injury, but one of them and a Single/Double A pitching prospect. I would like to see Heisey as a full-time player before he is a scrub. Stubbs is an over-hyped scrub. :-)
He's another Stubbs without the speed if you ask me. He could potentially hit 40 hrs in GABP, but he was on pace last year to strikeout as much as Stubbs (if he were allowed to play everyday).
It's a gamble for sure for a guy who's had arm trouble in the past, but it wouldn't hurt us in the outfield much. We'd still have Bruce in right, Alonso in left, and Rodriquez would get the call up to put in center.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:51 AM 11-28-2011
According to BPs twitter account, he was in my town over the Thanksgiving holiday. What the heck he was doing in Laurinburg is beyond me.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:25 AM 11-28-2011
According to BPs twitter account, he was in my town over the Thanksgiving holiday. What the heck he was doing in Laurinburg is beyond me.
Maybe he heard you on the radio and wanted to meet you? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:42 PM 11-30-2011
My aunt won 2 tickets to Redsfest this weekend. Her and I will be going to it. Apparently we got some sort of VIP tickets and we get a private room with Jay Bruce so we don't have to wait in line to get his autograph. I went to Dick's and bought an official MLB ball in a case to get signed.

You guys have anything you want me to ask any of the Reds?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:32 AM 12-01-2011
My aunt won 2 tickets to Redsfest this weekend. Her and I will be going to it. Apparently we got some sort of VIP tickets and we get a private room with Jay Bruce so we don't have to wait in line to get his autograph. I went to Dick's and bought an official MLB ball in a case to get signed.

You guys have anything you want me to ask any of the Reds?
How does Drew Stubbs manage to be so terrible in the lead off spot? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:11 PM 12-01-2011
How does Drew Stubbs manage to be so terrible in the lead off spot? :-)
Any other negative or positive things you want me to ask?
[Reply]
hotreds 12:39 PM 12-01-2011
Any other negative or positive things you want me to ask?
Positive????
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:56 PM 12-01-2011
Should I ask Jay Bruce if he feels robbed that he didn't get a gold glove?
[Reply]
Starscream 02:54 PM 12-01-2011
Enjoy it, Dan!:-)
How about "who's his favorite teammate?" or "who was his favorite player when he was growing up?".

In other news, Ramon Hernandez signed a deal with the Rockies.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:49 PM 12-01-2011
Should I ask Jay Bruce if he feels robbed that he didn't get a gold glove?
No. :-)

I would ask questions more geared toward life outside of baseball rather than baseball related. Answering the same questions everyone asks him about the team and baseball likely gets repetitive. Ask him if he wants to come to a herf in January :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:58 PM 12-01-2011
Enjoy it, Dan!:-)
How about "who's his favorite teammate?" or "who was his favorite player when he was growing up?".

In other news, Ramon Hernandez signed a deal with the Rockies.:-)
Thanks Andy! I am glad to see Hernandez go. Time for the young guys to play.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:59 PM 12-01-2011
No. :-)

I would ask questions more geared toward life outside of baseball rather than baseball related. Answering the same questions everyone asks him about the team and baseball likely gets repetitive. Ask him if he wants to come to a herf in January :-)
Thanks Adam. You bring up a good point. I would hate getting asked about the same stuff all the time.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:43 PM 12-01-2011
Thanks Adam. You bring up a good point. I would hate getting asked about the same stuff all the time.
He would likely humor anyone and say the company lines about the Reds, but it would be more interesting to talk about hobbies or cigars or guns. Heck, he is from Texas right? He probably likes guns and cigars. :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 08:47 PM 12-01-2011
Go Reds! I didn't get to watch more than a few games this year. :-) Being in the northeast sucks for being a bengals/reds fan.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:20 PM 12-01-2011
Yeah- talk to him about seegars and tell him we herf at The Beer Sellar every month and to check out CA!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:36 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by never_enough:
Go Reds! I didn't get to watch more than a few games this year. :-) Being in the northeast sucks for being a bengals/reds fan.
Hello fellow Reds fan! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:12 AM 12-02-2011
That would be awesome if Bruce was a cigar smoker (but I kinda doubt it though).

Welcome aboard, Robert!:-)
[Reply]
Page 146 of 225
« First < 4696136144145146 147148156196 > Last »
Up