Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 144 of 350
« First < 4494134142143144 145146154194244 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 04:10 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
everything came in the mail today except my knee sleeves. I called efs and they said the knee sleeve were back ordered...:-):-)
fuuuuudge. that pisses me off. given how my knee was feeling (strike that, IS feeling), I was really needing those sleeves for Friday ... hell, for bench on Wednesday.

my package is supposed to land tomorrow. I'll let you know if they're in there for me or not. fingers ... are ... crossed.
The Professor 04:12 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Hi all, has anyone mixed creatine with chocolate milk for a recovery drink?
yeah. it's not the best transport; but it'll git r dun in a pinch.

my favorite gluttonous muscle treat is to mix creatine into a Wendy's Frosty. :-) I've also sprinkled it over a piece of toast with peanut butter on it.

hey ... I never said I was right in the head. :-)
ade06 05:41 PM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
yeah. it's not the best transport; but it'll git r dun in a pinch.

my favorite gluttonous muscle treat is to mix creatine into a Wendy's Frosty. :-) I've also sprinkled it over a piece of toast with peanut butter on it.

hey ... I never said I was right in the head. :-)
Thanks, I'm just starting to work out again (took about 14 years off) and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to prevent soreness.
The Professor 06:04 PM 10-19-2009
Thanks, I'm just starting to work out again (took about 14 years off) and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to prevent soreness.
truthfully: drink a gallon of water a day, eat a high protein diet, take a good whey protein shake after every workout (Icehog3 and I recommend Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Rocky Road), and take a good multivitamin.

also: be sure you don't overtrain and make an effort to stretch before and after every workout.

you don't need creatine at this point to help you stay less sore. that said, you're going to be sore if you've taken 14 years off. there's nothing you can do about that. taking the steps I outlined will minimize that soreness and speed your recovery time, though. but you're still gonna feel the ouch. :-)
BigFrank 06:13 PM 10-19-2009
Hi all, has anyone mixed creatine with chocolate milk for a recovery drink?
no
I would get some powdered gatorade mix, its the same stuff they use for transport in premixed stuff. I mix creatine and aminos in it and drink during a workout. gives you some electrolytes etc. avoid the pre mixed store bottled gatorade.

fuuuuudge. that pisses me off. given how my knee was feeling (strike that, IS feeling), I was really needing those sleeves for Friday ... hell, for bench on Wednesday.

my package is supposed to land tomorrow. I'll let you know if they're in there for me or not. fingers ... are ... crossed.
you buy both knee and elbow ones?
ya im a little pissed, but what ya going to do.
The Professor 07:39 PM 10-19-2009
just the knees ... though I might get the elbow ones at some point. I feel stupid enough wrapping my wrists at the weight I'm lifting, though. :-)
The Professor 06:19 AM 10-20-2009
Recovery/Support

Pull-throughs: 4 x 12
Leg press: 4 x 15
Hypers: bw x 10, 25 x 10, 45 x 10 x 2sets
SLDs: some x some (I wasn't really keeping track -- just doing it to stretch the hams)

All of those were with minimal weight -- really just to get the blood flowing back to the muscles worked yesterday. Followed it up with some arch/form practice on the bench (getting more and more comfortable with that and finding my groove) for 3 sets of 3-5 reps with just the bar. Finished things off with a little cardio and some stretching.
PeteSB75 06:27 AM 10-20-2009
Heavy back day today. Some t-bar rows for 115x5, 125x5, 135x5, then some close grip lat pulldowns at 195x5, 210x5, 225x5, and HS Low row at 115x5, 125x5, 135x5. Finished off with some dips. Haven't done most of those exercises heavy in ages, pain trying to find where my weight is, but I think I've got em locked down for next time.
The Professor 06:32 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Heavy back day today. Some t-bar rows for 115x5, 125x5, 135x5, then some close grip lat pulldowns at 195x5, 210x5, 225x5, and HS Low row at 115x5, 125x5, 135x5. Finished off with some dips. Haven't done most of those exercises heavy in ages, pain trying to find where my weight is, but I think I've got em locked down for next time.
Change your leg/foot position on the HS low row ... I bet you can do more. :-) I just notice that if my feet are on the two centered pegs, it pulls my body in a strange way. I keep my feet tucked back in the corners closest to the seat -- almost like my legs are in the starting position for an arched bench press. I find that it keeps my chest against the padding better and gets the most out of my lats. :-) YMMV, of course.
icehog3 10:15 AM 10-20-2009
Taking one more day off from the gym to let my hamstring heal a little bit more....feels a lot better than yesterday.
PeteSB75 10:20 AM 10-20-2009
Change your leg/foot position on the HS low row ... I bet you can do more. :-) I just notice that if my feet are on the two centered pegs, it pulls my body in a strange way. I keep my feet tucked back in the corners closest to the seat -- almost like my legs are in the starting position for an arched bench press. I find that it keeps my chest against the padding better and gets the most out of my lats. :-) YMMV, of course.
I usually sit with my feet on the grippy spots under the seat. I likely could have done more, but I was doing one arm at a time and getting pulled to the side. I will go both arms at once next time.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Taking one more day off from the gym to let my hamstring heal a little bit more....feels a lot better than yesterday.
Sleep well and dream of large women.
The Professor 10:21 AM 10-20-2009
Good call, Admiral. :-) :-)
icehog3 10:38 AM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:

Sleep well and dream of large women.
"Hello, Lady!" :-) :-)

Good call, Admiral. :-) :-)
Every once in awhile I get it right, Dokk! :-)
The Professor 10:47 AM 10-20-2009
"Hello, Lady!" :-) :-)

Every once in awhile I get it right, Dokk! :-)
Me, not so often. :-)
icehog3 10:49 AM 10-20-2009
Me, not so often. :-)
You can be like me....we give good advice, but don't always take our own. :-)
The Professor 10:49 AM 10-20-2009
You can be like me....we give good advice, but don't always take our own. :-)
Rad! :-)
BigFrank 01:33 PM 10-20-2009
Hope ya heal up there Tom. I think I may have tweaked my hamstrings also.

Squatting yesterday, everything felt fine until my 2nd to last set when my right hamstring just sort of felt really cramped. Then the left one followed right afterwards. I'm thinking it was some sort of cramping...I'm not 100% sure they feel tender today. Going to foam roll and stretch em out later. Part of it is my mistake. Ive been neglecting stretching etc.
icehog3 01:37 PM 10-20-2009
Thanks Frank, I will give it a go at the gym tomorrow. Hope you heal up quick too.
DavenportESQ 01:56 PM 10-20-2009
Foam rollers are amazing, and can be very painful I love it
BigFrank 02:44 PM 10-20-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Foam rollers are amazing, and can be very painful I love it
agreed. Lower back is the worst for me, hurts so bad but when I finish its like a world of relief...
Page 144 of 350
« First < 4494134142143144 145146154194244 > Last »
Up