Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 143 of 225
« First < 4393133141142143 144145153193 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
chippewastud79 03:00 PM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
It's official. We're gonna finish below .500 for the year (as if we already didn't know).
I thought that was official on opening day :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:57 PM 09-24-2011
Drew Stubbs adds two more, and some how walked twice. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:30 PM 09-24-2011
No Dan....Reds lose?
[Reply]
Starscream 11:09 PM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No Dan....Reds lose?
correctamundo
[Reply]
Starscream 11:11 PM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I thought that was official on opening day :-)
Even w/o any upgrades in the offseason, I still had some hope up until the All-Star break.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:11 PM 09-24-2011
:-) :-) :-) :-)
:-)

Serious question, Admiral. Since you obviously root for two teams (Cubbies and Tigers), which is your real #1? If I had to guess, it would be Detroit, but I'm not 100%. Congrats either way on them winning the AL Central.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:20 PM 09-24-2011
Is the season over yet? Good Lord this season has been painful to watch... I am focused on the Bungles now.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:22 PM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Is the season over yet? Man alive, I am focused on the Bungles now.
Almost. Offseason should be busy according to Jocketty. He promises that payroll will go up and that this offseason should be MUCH busier than last.

And don't feel bad. I've been more focused on Cam and Smitty lately, so the Reds are the least of my worries right now. Maybe we'll get our first win this year against Jax.
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:24 PM 09-24-2011
Almost. Offseason should be busy according to Jocketty. He promises that payroll will go up and that this offseason should be MUCH busier than last.

And don't feel bad. I've been more focused on Cam and Smitty lately, so the Reds are the least of my worries right now. Maybe we'll get our first win this year against Jax.
Yeah, I would love to see us get an ace, but I was listening to the Reds on Friday and Mark Sheldon from MLB.com said the only ace on the free market is C.J. Wilson and he will go to a big market team b/c the Reds won't have enough money to offer him.

I would love to see us get a big bat to put into the lineup to take some pressure off of Votto/Bruce.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:35 PM 09-24-2011
:-)

Serious question, Admiral. Since you obviously root for two teams (Cubbies and Tigers), which is your real #1? If I had to guess, it would be Detroit, but I'm not 100%. Congrats either way on them winning the AL Central.
Tigers, yes Andy. When I moved to Chicago (even when we'd visit before I left Detroit), Wrigley Field provided some great memories, so I root for the Cubs in the National League, but I've been a Tigers fan since '67. I can still name the line-up for the '68 WS victors.

Chicago is my adopted home though, and I even root for the White Sox to do well in years that they make the playoffs and the Tigers don't. I guess coming from a "one-team town", I can't really understand the hatred between the Cubs and Sox fans.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:00 AM 09-25-2011
Tigers, yes Andy. When I moved to Chicago (even when we'd visit before I left Detroit), Wrigley Field provided some great memories, so I root for the Cubs in the National League, but I've been a Tigers fan since '67. I can still name the line-up for the '68 WS victors.

Chicago is my adopted home though, and I even root for the White Sox to do well in years that they make the playoffs and the Tigers don't. I guess coming from a "one-team town", I can't really understand the hatred between the Cubs and Sox fans.
I don't get it either. Same for the yanks and mets. All of NY are Yankees fans, but if the Mets are in the WS, then they are Mets fans.:-)
I used to try to have an AL team that I rooted for, and I did when Griffey was a Mariner, but I just can't pull myself to do it nowadays. The Reds have always been number one for me, and they're all I have now.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:05 AM 09-25-2011
I don't get it either. Same for the yanks and mets. All of NY are Yankees fans, but if the Mets are in the WS, then they are Mets fans.:-)
I used to try to have an AL team that I rooted for, and I did when Griffey was a Mariner, but I just can't pull myself to do it nowadays. The Reds have always been number one for me, and they're all I have now.
Understood. If I had to pick just one, it would be the Tigers.

Hopefully better days ahead for Reds fans. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:01 AM 09-26-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:16 AM 09-26-2011
Reds win! Reds win!
They should be winning some golf games by Thursday! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:23 PM 09-26-2011
If these last few weeks aren't enough to convince the powers that be that Heisey is a much better player than Stubbs, I don't know what is. Stubbs is sitting down the stretch on account of his record breaking strikeouts and general crappiness, Heisey has as many hits as Stubbs has in his last 15 games in the last two. :-)

Oh and:

Reds Win! Reds Win! (Insert 5 emoticons)

2 games to golfing. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:02 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Reds Win! Reds Win! (Insert 5 emoticons)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:49 AM 09-27-2011
And this one belongs to the Reds! :-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:34 AM 09-27-2011
I am really looking forward to Thursday. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:00 AM 09-27-2011
I am really looking forward to Thursday. :-)
So you don't have to be reminded how bad the Cubs suck? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:01 AM 09-27-2011
So you don't have to be reminded how bad the Cubs suck? :-) :-) :-)
Nope, so I can see the Tigers in the playoffs.

Speaking of sucking, the Reds ain't exactly a contender either!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 143 of 225
« First < 4393133141142143 144145153193 > Last »
Up