Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 142 of 350
« First < 4292132140141142 143144152192242 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 08:49 PM 10-13-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
you ever test out the sizing on those? I'm 237; but my legs are f.a.t. -- so I'm not sure whether the XL or XXL would be more appropriate.. any thoughts?
I think you should ask them to cut the XXLs open and sew two together, Dokk. :-)
The Professor 04:20 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think you should ask them to cut the XXLs open and sew two together, Dokk. :-)
Good idea. Better yet, I could just see if they have any 5XL. :-) :-)
BigFrank 05:29 AM 10-14-2009
you ever test out the sizing on those? I'm 237; but my legs are f.a.t. -- so I'm not sure whether the XL or XXL would be more appropriate.. any thoughts?
No the knee sleeves will be my first. I m going to go with the XL. I had to return a product to EFS before they covered the shipping on their end so I was only out 6 bucks to get an exchange. Im going to get the heavy knee sleeves. Knee wraps really should only be used for heavy sets 3 or less reps immo. Using them to rep out is a pain in the ass. Plus I usually wrap mine so tight they my calves and feet go numb.
Just want a set of sleeves to keep everything warm. I use a set for my elbows and cant complain.

Called outta work today, spent hr this morning finishing up my subway from last night...also dont ever go to hot on food if you have a chance to not fully digest it...god damn.
The Professor 07:54 AM 10-14-2009
Good to know. Thanks, Frank. I'll probably just go ahead and order those, too ... maybe the elbow sleeves, too (we'll see).

I'd really like to get some good power briefs that effin fit. Got my second pair form Inzer and they're way too small again. Their sizing chart sucks and the person I talked with last time had no idea beyond the chart. Oy. I've got half a mind to order some Titan Boss briefs or some Inzer Predators -- both of which have more exact sizign based on body measurements; but I'm jut not sure I want to fork out $160 right now. Decisions, decisions. :-)
PeteSB75 07:57 AM 10-14-2009
What is EFS?
BigFrank 09:52 AM 10-14-2009
Good to know. Thanks, Frank. I'll probably just go ahead and order those, too ... maybe the elbow sleeves, too (we'll see).

I'd really like to get some good power briefs that effin fit. Got my second pair form Inzer and they're way too small again. Their sizing chart sucks and the person I talked with last time had no idea beyond the chart. Oy. I've got half a mind to order some Titan Boss briefs or some Inzer Predators -- both of which have more exact sizign based on body measurements; but I'm jut not sure I want to fork out $160 right now. Decisions, decisions. :-)
Wish I would have known u need a new pair, EFS just had a 25% off sale on gear. Woulda let you know. hard to get em to fit right, usually you just gotta go balls small and squeeze in em.
One of the reasons I hate gear.

Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
What is EFS?
http://www.elitefts.com/
BigFrank 09:55 AM 10-14-2009
Good article from Charles Poliquin
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...on_program&cr=

Pete what you need? I owe ya some chalk which I still havent gotten around to sending to ya.
DavenportESQ 10:24 AM 10-14-2009
http://www.medicalsuppliest.com/core...FRHxDAodVjqpig

Just found this website. I have for years used the all three of the coreshorts. Can't go wrong. The light is starts off giving you the most ROM. The higher up they go the thicker, and more support you get...The rehab ones are like a wetsuit with elastic support. I throw my highland games in these...

P.S Those are the best prices around!
BigFrank 10:31 AM 10-14-2009
They give you rebound like briefs Dave or just support?
DavenportESQ 10:39 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
They give you rebound like briefs Dave or just support?
I've never worn briefs, or any support gear for that matter....I have worn these mostly when Throwing. I would imagine you would get a little bit of elastic bounce
icehog3 10:51 AM 10-14-2009
Overtime went until 4:30AM last night, so I was forced to skip the gym this morning. :-)
BigFrank 11:01 AM 10-14-2009
damn Tom. That's brutal.
Starchild 11:02 AM 10-14-2009
Overtime went until 4:30AM last night, so I was forced to skip the gym this morning. :-)
:-) Wow! How many overtime periods is that?
PeteSB75 11:59 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Good article from Charles Poliquin
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...on_program&cr=

Pete what you need? I owe ya some chalk which I still havent gotten around to sending to ya.
Damn, that sounds like a massive, brutal workout. I hurt just thinking about it.

Been getting some tendonitis in my knees, so I was looking at getting some sleeves. Their price is better than what I was seeing on bb.com, so I'll give them a try.

I am also doing a few other things for that, I took last week off and have changed to a 4 day, body part split instead of full-body workouts 3 days/week. Started taking some crap from the vitamin shoppe for joint health as well as some anti-inflammatories my doctor prescribed.

Hmm, I ususally get up about 4:30 when I am going to the gym... I haven't stayed up that late in years. I must be getting old... Anyway, get some sleep Tom.
icehog3 02:18 PM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Starchild:
:-) Wow! How many overtime periods is that?
Too many! :-)
BigFrank 02:21 PM 10-14-2009
I think im going to give that program a shot. If I do I might have to write and blog or make a new thread to see how it goes. Keep track of things.

Managed to make it to the gym, in between bathroom trips.
Power Cleans 225x5,10,10
315x3 standing mil press
Dips, Kaz Presses, Band pull aparts.
PeteSB75 06:38 AM 10-15-2009
I think we need before, middle, and after pics if you do try it Frank, with middle being at the end of the workout, but before the rest week.

Anyway, shoulders for me today. DB Press at 55x12,8,10. Upright rows at 70x12,12,10. Supersetted front lat raise, side lat raise and standing overhead press at 15x10x3. Finished up with some decline situps as I've been neglecting my abs, BWx40, 20x15, 25x15.
The Professor 06:56 AM 10-15-2009
Support Day

Lots of various grip (regular, very narrow, illegally wide) bench presses -- just the bar -- to get the blood flowing

1-arm cable press-downs: 40# x 10 x 3sets

Overhead cable rope extensions 110# x 10 x 3sets

Low rows (Hammer Strength plate-loaded): 188# x 10 x 3sets

High rows (HS): 188# x 10 x 3sets

Face-pulls: 100 x 13, 15, 12, 10 (slow and steady ... like a turtle)

Internal & external shoulder rotations SS: 20# x 10 x 4sets

Shoulders were a little sore from yesterday; but they felt better once the blood really got flowing. Looking forward to DE Legs tomorrow. Oh ... and I FINALLY ordered some bands to do band work. The equipment at my gym isn't exactly made for band work; but I'm sure it can be rigged creatively.
DavenportESQ 09:46 AM 10-15-2009
Weird! Just an update on No Xplode. I have to say I am very happy with the results thus far. But the weirdest thing is that I find that I'm not "constantly hungry" like I normally am. I didn't think that this would be any type of hunger suppresent
icehog3 02:29 PM 10-15-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Weird! Just an update on No Xplode. I have to say I am very happy with the results thus far. But the weirdest thing is that I find that I'm not "constantly hungry" like I normally am. I didn't think that this would be any type of hunger suppresent
Doesn't caffeine often act as an appetite suppressant, Dave?
Page 142 of 350
« First < 4292132140141142 143144152192242 > Last »
Up