Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
icehog3 02:59 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Explain what? He's a dick, I don't like him on my team, and his stench makes me ill. :-)
Fair enough! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:04 PM 07-29-2015
Do you expect Tom Brady to be greeted by boos from Pats fans? :-)
Nope. But then again, he didn't beat the ever-loving schiesse out of a kid, either. Apparently, he did something much, much worse...

I'm just not involved enough in the cult of football to get all riled up every time someone cheats (or to be more precise, to get all riled up when players from successful teams cheat). Which, for those that are naive, is pretty much every play of every game of every year.
[Reply]
shilala 04:11 PM 07-29-2015
If I lived next to Tom Brady, I'd ride his alligators.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:18 PM 07-29-2015
Tom Brady will get more cheers than ever imagined when he runs out at Gillette Stadium.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:29 PM 07-29-2015
I don't like obfuscations and sophistry. Defending Brady by citing Peterson? Hey, Franco and Mussolini had their faults, but at least they were not Hitler. WTF? What does one have to do with the other? And none of the Brady defenders have yet addressed the issue! First they denied the balls were deflated. Then they proposed some pseudo-scientific explanations about the weather affecting the balls. Then they denied that the managers actually doctored the balls. Then they claimed that, even if they had, it was done without Brady's prompting or knowledge. Then they denied that the deflating of balls had any effect on the huge disparity of turnovers and dropped passes in relation to other teams. Then they claimed that, even if the balls were doctored, it is OK because every other team doctors theirs too. Now, with the revelation that Brady destroyed the phone which may have held the evidence to either prove or dispute the charges, they refuse to even recognize the potential significance of this destruction of evidence.

Like Brady, who would be better off if he just stood up like a man and faced the music, these fans need to face the fact that they cannot see clearly because their lips are planted permanently on Brady's hairy @$$, which totally blocks their vision.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:30 PM 07-29-2015
I don't like obfuscations and sophistry. Defending Brady by citing Peterson? Hey, Franco and Mussolini had their faults, but at least they were not Hitler. WTF? What does one have to do with the other? And none of the Brady defenders have yet addressed the issue! First they denied the balls were deflated. Then they proposed some pseudo-scientific explanations about the weather affecting the balls. Then they denied that the managers actually doctored the balls. Then they claimed that, even if they had, it was done without Brady's prompting or knowledge. Then they denied that the deflating of balls had any effect on the huge disparity of turnovers and dropped passes in relation to other teams. Then they claimed that, even if the balls were doctored, it is OK because every other team doctors theirs too. Now, with the revelation that Brady destroyed the phone which may have held the evidence to either prove or dispute the charges, they refuse to even recognize the potential significance of this destruction of evidence.

Like Brady, who would be better off if he just stood up like a man and faced the music, these fans need to face the fact that they cannot see clearly because their lips are planted permanently on Brady's hairy @$$, which totally blocks their vision.
I just spit a very good Sam Adams all over the place.
Can't agree with you more.

BTW, figured Sam Adams was the way to go today.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:04 PM 07-29-2015

He cheated, he got caught, he's being punished. What more do you want? It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them. Hence my bringing up a guy who brutally, savagely whipped a child yet see zero threads dedicate to calling for lifetime bans for him.

I guess it's just strange to me to see what football fans will tolerate - and turn a blind eye to - before they get angry at a player.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:47 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
He cheated, he got caught, he's being punished. What more do you want? It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them. Hence my bringing up a guy who brutally, savagely whipped a child yet see zero threads dedicate to calling for lifetime bans for him.

I guess it's just strange to me to see what football fans will tolerate - and turn a blind eye to - before they get angry at a player.
You are missing the obvious.
No one is glorifying a child beating piece of crap, at least not here.
The point is..........ready..........here it comes..........sorry for reality..........Outside a Boston fan, the world hates Brady and the Patriots. Them cheating all the time and thinking they are above all makes it that much easier to hate them. They help justify the dislike for them and they're quite good at it.
[Reply]
The Poet 07:22 PM 07-29-2015
:-):-) The problem with the irony-impaired is their failure to recognize their own ironical views. And FYI, I don't much like football.

The reason a Brady/Patriots thread lasted for months is simple. It is because Brady and the Pats have kept it alive for months. You want it to go away? Then do what Brady should do . . . sit down and stick a sock in it. :-)

But if you elect not to do so, which is your right, then at least make some attempt to address the issue WITHOUT MAKING EXCUSES OR POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS. Your unproven hypothesis that everybody cheats has gotten stale. Hell, it was stale back in the Spygate days.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:41 PM 07-29-2015
It stays alive because you knuckleheads keep it alive.
[Reply]
The Poet 07:45 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
It stays alive because you knuckleheads keep it alive.
Amen. That's why this knucklehead is out.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:17 PM 07-29-2015
Marsha Marsha Marsha!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:50 PM 07-29-2015
:-):-) The problem with the irony-impaired is their failure to recognize their own ironical views. And FYI, I don't much like football.

The reason a Brady/Patriots thread lasted for months is simple. It is because Brady and the Pats have kept it alive for months. You want it to go away? Then do what Brady should do . . . sit down and stick a sock in it. :-)

But if you elect not to do so, which is your right, then at least make some attempt to address the issue WITHOUT MAKING EXCUSES OR POINTING FINGERS AT OTHERS. Your unproven hypothesis that everybody cheats has gotten stale. Hell, it was stale back in the Spygate days.
It's cute that you think that.

I'm out...
[Reply]
shilala 09:07 PM 07-29-2015
Hey, I'm not a Pats fan. Not even a little.
Yet I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. Brady is very easily a Hall of Fame QB, and one of the top 3 in the game today, arguably the best.
Bill Belichick stands so far above any other coach in the league that it's laughable.
There's nobody coaching today that can compare.

I think a big part of the rub, at least for me, is the arrogance.
They don't even try to cheat good.
Maybe it just seems that way because all eyes are on them. It's hard to hide when you're such a bunch of dicks that everyone is looking to see you get busted.

I'm just in it for the wee-yoo, myself. The Pats are one ball club that is going to give a guy his money's worth week in and week out. They're thrilling to watch, fun to hate, and it's wonderful when my team kicks their ass.

Someone asked if anyone would trade their QB for Brady.
Up till the last couple years, the answer would have been an immediate yes.
I just don't think he'd work in the Steeler's system right now, and he's getting long in the tooth. No sense making a change.
Would I give up Mike Tomlin for Belichick? I LOVE Mike. But I'd slap him on the ass on the way out the door. There's only one Bill Belichick, and I'd give up half the club for him.

I also admit I have no idea what Marsha means.
The Admiral sometimes blows my mind.
[Reply]
shilala 09:16 PM 07-29-2015
Everybody cheats. Period.
If you'd like a 10,000 page list, I can put it together, Thomas. If I cared.
It's FAR from an unproven hypothesis, it's common knowledge.
I will admit that "everybody" isn't the right word. It's simply akin to saying "all women cheat", when in fact, only about 73% do. A number like that earns itself a moniker like "every". Even though it's a slight exaggeration, it's understandable and obviously not meant to be literal.

FYI, I guess Tom and Giselle sold the mansion with the moat.
So we won't get to ride their alligators. But, if you want, we can go let the air out of their tires. :-)

[Reply]
Stephen 09:27 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
So we won't get to ride their alligators. But, if you want, we can go let the air out of their tires. :-)
To Dr. Dre no less. No doubt some of that Apple money he got from selling Beats.
[Reply]
Stephen 09:43 PM 07-29-2015
It's a sport packed to the gills with cheaters and criminals who have done far, far worse yet I don't see seven-page threads vilifying them.
To be fair, who's there to defend the actions of Peterson or Ray Rice Or Greg Hardy to drive the narrative to where it reaches seven pages on this forum? I mean, we pretty much all agree that their actions were sh!tty, so I guess it'd be a board member starting a thread and then whatever members posting in it with a bunch of :-) posts.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:21 AM 07-30-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
They live about 3 miles from my house
[Reply]
Blueface 05:23 AM 07-30-2015
[Reply]
Weelok 04:28 PM 07-30-2015
Keeping this baby alive like a troll.

All the Brady haters are just jealous of him because he bangs this

Nobody seriously cares about 2psi in a football except jealous haters LOL

I still want Andrew Luck in my draft but I will take all the criminals and cheaters in a heartbeat push comes to shove.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Up