Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 129
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
kayaker 09:25 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
What is the average points for a person.
You mean in WW? It depends on your starting weight. I can't remember the ranges right now.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:45 PM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
today was my first weigh in day on WW, total weight loss 3.9 LBS, not bad for a week, and doing little to zero exercise
Good job. If you add the exercise in, you'll see greater losses in the long run.
Originally Posted by kayaker:
You mean in WW? It depends on your starting weight. I can't remember the ranges right now.
:-)
[Reply]
12stones 05:18 PM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by Shaerza:
I may have to give this recipe a try since I am in need of another stash of chili. Think I will probably try it with ground turkey to make it even better for me. Ive been slipping lately and hit up to my 'panic' weight so I have jumped back into dieting mode :-)
I used 96/4 lean ground beef and there was very, very little fat. It'll probably be good with ground turkey too.
[Reply]
bonjing 11:19 PM 02-07-2009
no jogging for me this weekend. stupid training. but monday it's gym time baby!!!!!
[Reply]
kayaker 12:03 AM 02-08-2009
Oh dear. We cooked 20 lbs of wings tonight, plus home fries.

I'm going to have to hit the gym every day this week.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:34 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Oh dear. We cooked 20 lbs of wings tonight, plus home fries.

I'm going to have to hit the gym every day this week.:-)
20lbs?!?
Happy eating!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:44 PM 02-08-2009
Weigh-in is tomorrow. I feel that I ate a lot over the weekend, but probably not as bad as I think I did. Nonetheless I'm gonna cheat and take a system cleansing pill for the weigh-in tomorrow. I weighed in this morning and am still at 247. I was at 245 twice this week, but the official weigh-in is always on Mondays for me. I've not done any exercise this week whatsoever, except walk one mile on Tuesday. Gonna pull one hour of exercise tonight before bed. Hopefully I'll be down at least one pound for the week.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:34 PM 02-08-2009
Alright, I'm checking in w/ my final workout for Week 5. Completed 30min of high intensity (:-) version of kickboxing) and then walked two miles for the second 30min. I'm done with my homework for my online courses, I've gotten my exercise in for the day, now to go over some lesson plans for tomorrow and hope to see at least a pound loss in the morning. (and hoping the system cleaner works before the weigh-in).
[Reply]
Starscream 02:18 PM 02-09-2009
Week 5 end result: No change
No loss, no gain. Mad about today's weigh-in, but I saw it coming a mile away. I'm determined and focused for the upcoming week 6. Just did 30 minutes of cardio. Hope to get some walking in this evening too.
Breakfast was the usual cinamon sugar oatmeal.
Lunch was skipped today. As soon as school was over, I came home and did the 30min. Now am having a peanut butter protein shake.
Tonight's dinner is chicken of some sort.

Overall, week 5 was not great, but week 6 is looking damn good right about now.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:23 PM 02-09-2009
Last week was a bust for me. I was out of town most of the week. I didn't gain any though!!! Back at the gym this morning.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:25 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Last week was a bust for me. I was out of town most of the week. I didn't gain any though!!! Back at the gym this morning.
No gain is always a winner (at least that's what everybody tells me. I don't feel like a winner today).
[Reply]
jquirit 02:56 PM 02-09-2009
Well, I'm down to 214 which is a good drop. Though, I don't know if that's from muscle loss (since I now don't have a gym to work out at so it's all walking nowadays) or actual fat loss. But, it's a loss. Will have to see how it looks going ahead.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:20 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by jquirit:
Well, I'm down to 214 which is a good drop. Though, I don't know if that's from muscle loss (since I now don't have a gym to work out at so it's all walking nowadays) or actual fat loss. But, it's a loss. Will have to see how it looks going ahead.
How long have you been w/o the gym? I don't think you can lose muscle as quick as you lose fat. Congrats on the loss.:-)
[Reply]
jquirit 03:26 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
How long have you been w/o the gym? I don't think you can lose muscle as quick as you lose fat. Congrats on the loss.:-)
Going on nearly three weeks. But yeah, imagine if I keep it up it'll sort itself out in a good way.
[Reply]
12stones 06:30 PM 02-09-2009
Been awhile since I checked in. Still at 205, didn't do so well on my diet this weekend. Didn't drink enough water, didn't stick to my eating schedule, and didn't workout. Didn't overeat or eat anything too bad for me, but still didn't stick to my routine.

Did workout tonight - 45min.

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs in a whole wheat tortilla
Lunch & Dinner - Chicken and salsa with low-fat refried beans
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:52 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Week 5 end result: No change
No loss, no gain. Mad about today's weigh-in, but I saw it coming a mile away. I'm determined and focused for the upcoming week 6. Just did 30 minutes of cardio. Hope to get some walking in this evening too.
Breakfast was the usual cinamon sugar oatmeal.
Lunch was skipped today. As soon as school was over, I came home and did the 30min. Now am having a peanut butter protein shake.
Tonight's dinner is chicken of some sort.

Overall, week 5 was not great, but week 6 is looking damn good right about now.
what kind of oatmeal, that instant crap or the good kind?

my weigh in today 2lbs lost :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:39 AM 02-10-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
what kind of oatmeal, that instant crap or the good kind?

my weigh in today 2lbs lost :-)
Instant, Perry. The cinammon sugar covers up the badness that is instant though.

Congrats on the loss!:-) Keep it up.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:59 AM 02-10-2009
I had a great workout this morning. 45 minutes on the treadmill get me 3 miles! I really felt good.
[Reply]
Shaerza 08:03 AM 02-10-2009
For those of you that do not have easy access to a gym you might think about giving this a try on the off days. http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...0013281eac____

Its a GREAT core body workout and it throws in some other major muscles as well, and it only takes about 20 minutes to do one set (which is all I ever manage) It will probably be very difficult at first but as the soreness goes away it gets easier:-) I started with a 8lbs ball but had already been doing lifting etc, so I might suggest a 6lbs ball
[Reply]
Starscream 06:28 AM 02-11-2009
Week 6, Day 2
No exercise in yesterday. I'm sore from the previous day. Did get some yardwork in and playing w/ the kids though.
Spaghetti and french wheat bread for dinner.

Week 6, Day 2
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: nothing/sunflower seeds
Dinner: 12" of some sort from Subway and some baked chips
Hope to leave as soon as the bell rings at 3:00 and get in some exercise before dinner/church.

Still feeling positive about this week so far.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 129
« First < 4121314 15162464114 > Last »
Up