Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 75
« First < 4121314 15162464 > Last »
Sports>NHL 2013 Thread
shilala 11:34 AM 01-20-2013
I grew up on a northeastern lake. Snow piles made the boards and a garden hose pulled from the basement was our Zamboni. :-)
There is no sport, when viewed in it's entirety, that's tougher or more difficult to play. I don't think any MLB or NBA or NFL player in their right mind would even argue the point, not for a second.

Hitting a 90mph breaking ball might be the single toughest skill in all sports, I can buy that. I don't know what the other skills were, but it's insanely difficult even if you swing the bat all day every day, unless you can guess it's coming, then it's just a tiny bit less than insanely difficult. :-)

If a hockey player is both very skilled and very intelligent, in the case of someone like Mario, it takes that guy way over the top. To be standing behind the cage, flip the puck over the cage, and bounce it off the back of a defenseman's head into the top right corner of the goal, the only place open, that's just unreal for 1,000 reasons.
icehog3 02:24 PM 01-20-2013
Originally Posted by taltos:
Tom, Bruins/Hawks Cup?:-)
I could llive with that, Paul. :-)

icehog3 02:51 PM 01-20-2013
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...me-misconducts

Old school bench clearing brawl for the Icehogs the other night....look at the number the Icehog's goalie does on the opposing netminder...and whilst wearing pink! :-)
Gophernut 03:38 PM 01-20-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Old school bench clearing brawl for the Icehogs the other night....look at the number the Icehog's goalie does on the opposing netminder...and whilst wearing pink! :-)
"The fight actually occurred in the second period, so it's no wonder that with 13 players tossed from the game the Griffins went on to score a franchise-record 11 goals in an 11-6 win. There had to be some tired defenseive bodies on the ice in that third period."

Emphasis added for truth! I've never seen this word before, but it seems to apply very nicely!
icehog3 03:42 PM 01-20-2013
I like that word, Steve!

Yes, 8 of the ejections were Icehogs, so they only had 11 forwards and d-men on the bench compared to 14 for the Griffins.
Ahbroody 12:57 AM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by BMack:
many people here also play/coach ice hockey?
used to play, coach my oldest. Can't afford to play these days as my money goes to the kids fees. He's playing on a travel ice and inhouse ice team as well as a travel roller hockey club. Dad is broke these days 3 teams is expensive.

Gomez is skating with the Sharks if you need him. Would have figured a few other teams would try to get him given their condition.
Fredo456 07:18 AM 01-21-2013

Nice. Takes us back to a time when players cared more about the jersey on their back and their teammates than their financial situation. I miss those days.
kugie 10:33 AM 01-23-2013
I haven't jumped in this year yet

But I love it HOCKEY'S Back

and here for at least 8 more years. :-)
Sumatra Samurai 01:24 PM 01-23-2013
Can't believe Avs beat the Kings last night! We don't look very good, but we do have Landeskog...
icehog3 02:44 PM 01-23-2013
L.A. apparently didin't avoid that Stanley Cup hangover even with the extra 3 months...

Edmonton looked bad last night, Derrek....word is, Luongo is coming to Alberta.
dvickery 11:20 PM 01-23-2013

....word is, Luongo is coming to Alberta.
no thanks...edmonton doesnt need another flakey goaler...already got habby.

derrek
icehog3 01:18 AM 01-24-2013
Calling Luongo a "flakey goalie" in an insult to flakey goalies. :-)
jonumberone 05:01 AM 01-24-2013
Nice to see the Rangers get off the schnide last night!
You could feel the panic about to beset the city.
kugie 05:44 AM 01-24-2013
Rangers came out to a strong start, but the Bruins made a good game of it as soon as they showed up to play.

Gaborik with a break away, game winner, overtime, Hatrick.
It's the stuff of play ground dreams.
Bruins Fan 08:44 AM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by kugie:
Rangers came out to a strong start, but the Bruins made a good game of it as soon as they showed up to play.

Gaborik with a break away, game winner, overtime, Hatrick.
It's the stuff of play ground dreams.
Pin this loss on the 4th line CJ just loves to play them.
Rangers have to much skill for that group,and it showed.
Ahbroody 09:01 AM 01-24-2013
Calling Luongo a "flakey goalie" in an insult to flakey goalies. :-)
Would like him to go to the east or non contender in the west.

Gomez signed one year deal with the Sharks. Was suprised he didnt go to wings and hold them up for money given their current situation on the blue line.
Bruins Fan 03:27 PM 01-24-2013
Dougie Hamilton, oh boy this kid got it, and it is what the Bruins have been missing on the blue line.
I can't believe how much CJ is praising a rookie:-)
icehog3 04:12 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Dougie Hamilton, oh boy this kid got it, and it is what the Bruins have been missing on the blue line.
I can't believe how much CJ is praising a rookie:-)
I have watched the kid play, and I have to agree, he looks real good for a rook. :-)
E.J. 07:26 PM 01-24-2013
Losing Downie for the season sucks....
icehog3 10:55 PM 01-24-2013
Hossa again! Hawks come back from 2-0 to win 3-2 on Hoss' OT winner. :-)

Page 14 of 75
« First < 4121314 15162464 > Last »
Up