Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 38
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
icehog3 09:26 AM 07-22-2012
Tigers in 1st place in the AL Central to start the day. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:48 AM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tigers in 1st place in the AL Central to start the day. :-)
Chicago needs to avoid a sweep today... Not a happy Sox fan today:-)
icehog3 03:10 PM 07-22-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Chicago needs to avoid a sweep today... Not a happy Sox fan today:-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:13 PM 07-22-2012
very sad day:-)
icehog3 03:34 PM 07-22-2012
very sad day:-)
Depends on your perspective.

Tigers on the left....ChiSox on the right.

ChicagoWhiteSox 12:14 PM 07-23-2012
Dempster to the Braves
jonumberone 04:28 PM 07-23-2012
Confirmed: Ichiro to the Yanks!

Originally Posted by :
The veteran outfielder will likely help to fill the role of Brett Gardner, who will miss the rest of the season with an elbow injury. Raul Ibanez and Andrew Jones have played left field in his absence.

Ichiro, the 2001 AL MVP in his first season in America, made 10 straight All-Star teams from 2001 to 2010. He is a free agent after the season.

But Ichiro has struggled this season. He is hitting only .261 with a .288 on-base percentage. It seems likely that he would be part of a platoon in left field. The Yankees may be hoping that playing in New York for a title contender will rejuvenate Ichiro.

The Yankees and Mariners play a three-game series in Seattle starting tonight. It’s unclear whether Ichiro will make his debut this evening, but it would seem likely his first game with the Yankees will come in Seattle.

icehog3 04:34 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Confirmed: Ichiro to the Yanks!
Can we have Granderson back then? :-)
Starscream 04:38 PM 07-23-2012
More and more trades happening. Is it nine days left till the deadline?
jonumberone 04:50 PM 07-23-2012
Can we have Granderson back then? :-)
Not for all the cigars in your collection! :-)

Originally Posted by Starscream:
More and more trades happening. Is it nine days left till the deadline?
7 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes! :-)
icehog3 05:24 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Not for all the cigars in your collection! :-)
He is a good one, ain't he? I miss my lil Curtis.
GreekGodX 05:42 PM 07-23-2012
Was reading about this proposed trade by ESPN.
Trade No. 1: Miami Marlins third baseman Hanley Ramirez, starting pitcher Anibal Sanchez and second baseman Omar Infante to Detroit Tigers for third baseman Nick Castellanos, starting pitcher Jacob Turner and outfielder Delmon Young.
That would have been amazing...

Then read Tigers traded Turner for Infante and Sanchez :-) Infante gives us someone reliable at 2nd and Sanchez will shore up our starting rotation. He's a big strikeout guy so I think he'll fit in quite well. Although he has never pitched in the AL which makes me nervous. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with the roster since the Tigers are taking on 2 major league players, and Dirks should be coming back soon as well.
jonumberone 05:45 PM 07-23-2012
He is a good one, ain't he? I miss my lil Curtis.
It's real hard not to like Curtis Granderson.
Even without the stats, he seems like a hell of a guy!
icehog3 07:59 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Trade No. 1: Miami Marlins third baseman Hanley Ramirez, starting pitcher Anibal Sanchez and second baseman Omar Infante to Detroit Tigers for third baseman Nick Castellanos, starting pitcher Jacob Turner and outfielder Delmon Young.
Wow, I only saw when the true trade was complete. The final deal still improved the club, especially in the infield.
Starscream 09:14 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:

Then read Tigers traded Turner for Infante and Sanchez :-) Infante gives us someone reliable at 2nd and Sanchez will shore up our starting rotation. He's a big strikeout guy so I think he'll fit in quite well. Although he has never pitched in the AL which makes me nervous. Now we'll have to wait and see what happens with the roster since the Tigers are taking on 2 major league players, and Dirks should be coming back soon as well.
A quick look at his interleague ERA over the past two years doesn't look bad. Not one game against the AL with an ERA of 4.00 or above.
icehog3 09:37 PM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
A quick look at his interleague ERA over the past two years doesn't look bad. Not one game against the AL with an ERA of 4.00 or above.
:-):-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:25 PM 07-24-2012
Dempster has still not approved the trade to the Braves.

The deal the Tigers did is just fine with me fwiw. While Infante is a very nice upgrade for their infield, Sanchez is inconsistent, so he's a bit of a wild card it seems. Does it make the Tigers better able to compete? Yeah for sure. But I still can't believe the kitties gave up thier best pitching prospect in Turner, a Top 20 MLB pospect. Half a season of Sanchez over 6 or more from Turner? I like this deal as a Sox fan. I guess you can make sense of this as the Tigers owner.. He wants a WS before he dies I guess. Make the moves that will help you win NOW, money/long term team building no object. This deal will boil down to Sanchez performing. While I said he's inconsistent, which he is, he also has NOT been seen in the AL so this could prove trouble for hitters..

Will Kenny make another move for the Sox? My guess is yes. In Kenny We Trust!!
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:31 PM 07-24-2012
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5229971.story
Starscream 04:48 PM 07-24-2012
If Dempster does go to the Braves, will it sit well with their management that he's denying that any trade has even been discussed? It's almost as if he's calling the Braves liars (or perhaps someone did falsely report it)...:-)

Nevermind...

He has yet to veto the trade, but has expressed great interest in joining the Dodgers. I guess he's holding out for as long as he can.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...,5100450.story
icehog3 04:55 PM 07-24-2012

Will Kenny make another move for the Sox? My guess is yes. In Kenny We Trust!!
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...rts/707239616/
Page 14 of 38
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up