Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 104
« First < 4121314 15162464 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
smokeyandthebandit05 07:43 PM 01-30-2009
Goin to over time!!! OH god I hope they win!
smokeyandthebandit05 07:46 PM 01-30-2009
devils winnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
icehog3 10:56 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Devils are playin the penguins. Devils trailing 3-2 with 30 seconds to go they score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goin to over time!!! OH god I hope they win!
devils winnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So...whatcha drinkin', Rich? :-)
Mr.Maduro 06:25 AM 01-31-2009
How about them Devils!!! :-)
smokeyandthebandit05 09:52 AM 01-31-2009
i had alot of guinness extra stout lol
icehog3 10:23 AM 01-31-2009
i had alot of guinness extra stout lol
Then I completely understand! :-) :-) :-)
bugmenot 04:55 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Ya I watch all my sport streaming but I have a 19 inch monitor in my small room hooked up to surround sound so Its not to bad.

I was watching the Panthers Habs Game last night(which the Habs played terrible)...In Florida $17.50 gets you a ticket to the game, parking, and some sort of combo meal(Drink hot dog and chips I think). Talk about an awesome price point and they still can't get any fans down there. It costs more for just a ticket to a Moose game in Winnipeg(AHL) which average around $20. Not to mention parking is $5 bucks and a combo $10ish. Twice as much for hockey that is a level below the NHL...crazy.

On a side note for my Organizational Theory class I'm righting a paper on the NHL's decision to expand in to non-traditional hockey markets.
I'm tempted to pick up a big monitor for when I stream games. I know I would get my monies worth, as that is basically all I watch on tv.

I think in some places it has actually worked out well, and in others, not so much. I don't know what is going through the lightning owner's heads though, it is like they are trying to loose. Trade Boyle and Luckowich, for essentially nothing, and then trade away the player they got for literally nothing. Good thing they got Vincent, but even that isn't helping them.
icehog3 06:32 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
I'm tempted to pick up a big monitor for when I stream games. I know I would get my monies worth, as that is basically all I watch on tv.

I think in some places it has actually worked out well, and in others, not so much. I don't know what is going through the lightning owner's heads though, it is like they are trying to loose. Trade Boyle and Luckowich, for essentially nothing, and then trade away the player they got for literally nothing. Good thing they got Vincent, but even that isn't helping them.
Maybe they could trade Vinnie to the Blackhawks for essentially nothing? :-)
taltos 05:18 AM 02-01-2009
Big warm up for the stupor bowl today, Bruins at Canadiens. Kick some Canadian butt Boston.:-)
icehog3 10:36 AM 02-01-2009
Big character win for the Hawks over the Sharks last night, especially after an apparent 2-0 lead became a 1-1 tie over the period of a few seconds. The NHL still has a couple goofy rules on the books, but the Hawks gutted out a tough win.
bugmenot 10:52 AM 02-01-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe they could trade Vinnie to the Blackhawks for essentially nothing? :-)
I wouldn't put it past them. They don't realize that you actually have to spend money to put a competitive team on the ice. Oh well, sharks steal again from another team! Still can't believe the Thornton deal.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Big character win for the Hawks over the Sharks last night, especially after an apparent 2-0 lead became a 1-1 tie over the period of a few seconds. The NHL still has a couple goofy rules on the books, but the Hawks gutted out a tough win.
Very strange rule, never seen anything like that. Sharks didn't play their best, and against a young fast team like the Hawks, you are going to loose. Love watching the Hawks play, as they are just so young. That one goal that was put in about 2 feet in front of the goal was simply amazing.
icehog3 11:13 AM 02-01-2009

Very strange rule, never seen anything like that. Sharks didn't play their best, and against a young fast team like the Hawks, you are going to loose. Love watching the Hawks play, as they are just so young. That one goal that was put in about 2 feet in front of the goal was simply amazing.
First time I have ever seen it as well....I guess since Cheechoo was bleeding like a stuck pig they thought they better.

Sharks let Dan Boyle sit the game to rest....he is a good penalty killing d-man and might have been a factor in (stopping) the Versteeg shorthanded goal. Regardless, a big confidence booster for the young Hawks. I didn't think SJ played bad at all, I thought Khabibulin stood on his head at times.
bugmenot 02:52 PM 02-01-2009
Towards the end of the game they played ok, but having watched them the entire season, they weren't skating too well. The last couple minutes got exciting, but Khabibulin managed to keep it out. Missing Boyle AND Luckowich hurts as they are paired as defenseman, but who knows what would have happened. I agree, it is a huge boost to the Hawks, especially beating the Sharks at home. I'm glad that the Hawks are leading the league in attendance. Kind of a shame the way they disappeared for awhile, but seems like the son taking over has a lot to do with it.

I'm hoping they end up meeting in the playoffs, as I think it would be exciting to watch two young teams go at it. What am I talking about though, I just love watching quality hockey, and talking about it with people who share the same passion as me. CA as a whole does not appreciate it, though San Jose certainly does.
taltos 04:14 PM 02-01-2009
What was with those old style Montreal uniforms today? No wonder they lost, too busy laughing whenever they saw their reflection.
icehog3 12:15 AM 02-02-2009
I'm hoping they end up meeting in the playoffs, as I think it would be exciting to watch two young teams go at it.
That would be great...especially if it were in the Western Conference Finals. :-)
acruce 03:23 PM 02-07-2009
My Stars are starting to play some good hockey. How about last nights game 10 to 2 over the Rangers.:-)
smokeyandthebandit05 04:11 PM 02-15-2009
Devils beat the Sharks!!! :-):-)
bugmenot 04:15 PM 02-15-2009
Sharks need to get healthy and start playing better. I thought those refs sucked in the game, and not even against the sharks, but both teams. The call against the Devils at the end was a joke, a few against the sharks were bad.
smokeyandthebandit05 04:49 PM 02-15-2009
I didnt have a chance to catch the game but hopefully they will replay it tonight
taltos 05:25 AM 02-18-2009
Nice 5-1 win for the Bruins over Carolina last night, the Bruins needed a regulation time win with the way they have been playing lately. It was also nice to see Carolina retire Glen Wesley's number. He was never the best player in Boston but he was one of the hardest workers.:-)
Page 14 of 104
« First < 4121314 15162464 > Last »
Up