Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 16
« First < 4121314 1516 >
General Discussion>iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards
mithrilG60 11:59 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Serious iphone question tho, does one get used to texting on a touch screen, and can it be done reasonably fast compared to a physical kb?
I used a BB for 5+ yrs and it certainly took a little getting used to, but the auto-spell correct is amazingly accurate so you won't find it that bad. I do miss the delete key (vs just the backspace) and the ability to easily to to the middle of a word to correct spelling and punctuation though. Unfortunately the auto-correct is almost too accurate as it doesn't force you to become more accurate in your touch strokes and that always catches me out in fields like usernames and passwords that done use the auto-correct feature.
goalie204 05:56 AM 04-14-2010
4 replies and no real answer (sort of) ! I should have expected that from THIS thread:-)
King James 06:16 AM 04-14-2010
4 replies and no real answer (sort of) ! I should have expected that from THIS thread:-)
I can use a touchscreen keyboard just fine, that doesn't mean you will. Why not go to an Apple Store and play around with one. Sorry I don't like to objectify a subjective questions :-)
Blueface 06:50 AM 04-14-2010
Serious iphone question tho, does one get used to texting on a touch screen, and can it be done reasonably fast compared to a physical kb?
To the first part, I am sure that is a Yes with just about everyone.
To the second part, Don't know.
I never had a regular keyboard like on a Blackberry.
Only thing I have ever known, other than a standard phone's keys is that of the iPhone.
I have gotten use to it much better after they enabled us to go horizontal also with the keyboard.
I personally type pretty fast with it.
mosesbotbol 06:56 AM 04-14-2010
The self correction sucks once it learns an incorrect spelled word. The landscape mode makes typing quite easy, but on the original phone it's a little slow switching views.
AD720 07:54 AM 04-14-2010
so after reading about 2 or 3 pages of this 13 page thread, i've concluded that you all agree that iphones are great and i should buy one when new hardware is released in july along with iphone os4.0, correct? Or perhaps the nexus one.

You may find that the Blackberry "dueling thumbs" method doesn't translate too well and switch to the "one-hand-hunt-and-peck".

I went from a physical keyboard (HTC Mogul) to an all touchscreen 3 phones ago and it did take some getting used to. There are good and bad software keyboards just like there are good and bad hardware keyboards. I think the iPhone's keyboard is exceptional (in my limited use - the wife has an iPod touch).
Resipsa 09:50 AM 04-14-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
For those who can't get used to the idea of no having a physical keyboard you'd better get used to it. Today, tomorrow, or 3 years from now they ARE going away eventually. Haven't you ever seen star trek, LOL

I've gotten to the point where I can type far faster on my iPhone then I ever could on a blackberry
so after reading about 2 or 3 pages of this 13 page thread, i've concluded that you all agree that iphones are great and i should buy one when new hardware is released in july along with iphone os4.0, correct? Or perhaps the nexus one.

WOW! Look at what happens when you use an Iphone, I was able to answer your question before you even asked it!!!

Guess reading a thread to see what's up is becoming a lost art:-) (just so long as we're using sarcastic rolly eyes and what not, I wanted to join in:-):-))
marge796 03:50 PM 04-14-2010
^^^WTF^^^
macpappy 05:20 AM 04-15-2010
Just asking....

If the moderators can ban political discussions, why can't they ban Mac vs. PC threads?
baldanders 05:40 AM 04-15-2010
Love my Blackberry!
Blueface 06:14 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Just asking....

If the moderators can ban political discussions, why can't they ban Mac vs. PC threads?
:-):-):-)

Now that there is funny indeed.
357 11:43 AM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Just asking....

Because the 91% of the world that uses PCs doesn't care enough to post, while every one of those threads turn into an Apple Support Group therapy session. All the Apple users flock en masse to such threads to tell everyone else how special they are. It makes it seem like the market share numbers are reversed and Apple is winning with a 91-3 advantage. If these threads were banned, the fear is that too many Apple users would feel lonely and bored with their lack of applications.

tongue firmly in cheek from a biased Windows Server admin
Ahbroody 12:02 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
Because the 91% of the world that uses PCs doesn't care enough to post, while every one of those threads turn into an Apple Support Group therapy session. All the Apple users flock en masse to such threads to tell everyone else how special they are. It makes it seem like the market share numbers are reversed and Apple is winning with a 91-3 advantage. If these threads were banned, the fear is that too many Apple users would feel lonely and bored with their lack of applications.

amen brother. Apple users definitely love to shout to the world how great it is and how superior they are. I always find it funny that my 3 year old winmo phone does things the iphone can't do because hitler locks down everything on there phone.

apple tells it's users what they need and the sheep eat it up. Bah bah flash is bad. LoL. I know cause my master told me. He said to buy some games and some apps. He loves my money and I love giving it to him.

My wife gave up hers recently as she got tired of spending over 100 a month for crappy phone service.
cricky101 12:30 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
amen brother. Apple users definitely love to shout to the world how great it is and how superior they are. I always find it funny that my 3 year old winmo phone does things the iphone can't do because hitler locks down everything on there phone.

apple tells it's users what they need and the sheep eat it up. Bah bah flash is bad. LoL. I know cause my master told me. He said to buy some games and some apps. He loves my money and I love giving it to him.

My wife gave up hers recently as she got tired of spending over 100 a month for crappy phone service.
Stereotypes are fun.
Starscream 12:38 PM 04-15-2010
Because the 91% of the world that uses PCs doesn't care enough to post,
:-) I'm one of the 91% that uses a PC and doesn't care about the PC/Apple argument.
Blueface 01:27 PM 04-15-2010

Originally Posted by Ahbroody:

Perspectives are amusing at times.

You see blue.

I see green.

As result, I call it green.

As result to that result, you say things like I need to shout out to the world how great green is.

Can it not be my perspective of green regardless and not have to do with any urgency to shout out to the world anything? Can the same shoe be on the other foot relative to PC users? I could be wrong, but our perspective has been one of why we like our world better and not one of beating up on the other side for their view of their world. I don't need to sell anyone anything. An opinion is asked, and one is offered. Beauty is that with your money, buy all the PC's you want while I use my money to shop for my next Mac as I want the PRO next and will give mine to my wife or daughter.:-)

I love my iPhone.
My son loves his iPhone.
My friends all love their iPhones.
We have no reception problems.
I pay $72 a month, with taxes and all.
Am I trying to shout anything to the world? Works for me. Why should I not state that if asked for an opinion?
357 01:49 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Perspectives are amusing at times.

You see blue.

I see green.

As result, I call it green.

As result to that result, you say things like I need to shout out to the world how great green is.

Can it not be my perspective of green regardless and not have to do with any urgency to shout out to the world anything? Can the same shoe be on the other foot relative to PC users? I could be wrong, but our perspective has been one of why we like our world better and not one of beating up on the other side for their view of their world. I don't need to sell anyone anything. An opinion is asked, and one is offered. Beauty is that with your money, buy all the PC's you want while I use my money to shop for my next Mac as I want the PRO next and will give mine to my wife or daughter.:-)

I love my iPhone.
My son loves his iPhone.
My friends all love their iPhones.
We have no reception problems.
I pay $72 a month, with taxes and all.
Am I trying to shout anything to the world? Works for me. Why should I not state that if asked for an opinion?
No offense was intended. I am speaking more to the PC/Mac argument. Although I love my WinMo phone and the dozens of free apps I have on it. I can scan business cards directly into my Outlook contacts, listen to FM radio, take pics with my 5 megapixel camera, use Google Maps w/ builtin GPS, and tether my laptop to it (using my phone's data connection to give web access to my laptop) without a USB cable in sight (via WiFi). All of this is on my two year old Samsung Omnia WinMo 6.5 phone. I think the first 5 MP camera on an iPhone just came out.

Anyway, I'm not belittling anyone's opinion. We each have our own. I was just mixing some stats with sarcasm to poke fun at the other side. It's all in good fun.
LasciviousXXX 01:53 PM 04-15-2010
Can't we all just agree that we have different opinions on this topic and realize that our experiences are entirely subjective?

Mac's Rock/PC's Rock/XXX rocks.....see.....easy :-)
King James 03:00 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Can't we all just agree that we have different opinions on this topic and realize that our experiences are entirely subjective?

Mac's Rock/PC's Rock/XXX rocks.....see.....easy :-)
no.

lol
spectrrr 03:03 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
no.

lol

:-)

:-) :-)
Page 14 of 16
« First < 4121314 1516 >
Up