Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 36
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs Angels ALCS 2009
MedicCook 11:15 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by OpusEx:
Take 2 out of 3 to win it or coming home up 3-2?
They will sweep games 3 & 4.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:17 PM 10-17-2009
Who do the yanks play next?
[Reply]
OpusEx 11:18 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Wow, bold call, so you're saying I should get my World Series Tickets in order now? :-)

I'll say this:

Aura and Mystique made it across the street to the new ballpark :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:19 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Who do the yanks play next?
They still need to win 2 more against the Angels. Then they play the Dodgers or Phillies.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:21 PM 10-17-2009
Should have thrown it to first. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:23 PM 10-17-2009
Dodgers !!!!
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:28 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Should have thrown it to first. :-)
I am surprised he did not go for the guaranteed out.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:28 PM 10-17-2009
I dunno, Kazmir always gives us fits :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:29 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I dunno, Kazmir always gives us fits :-)
Positive thoughts. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 11:30 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Dodgers !!!!
:-) Dodgers!!! Would love to see a Freeway Series though.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:33 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
:-) Dodgers!!! Would love to see a Freeway Series though.
That's what I wanted too :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:38 PM 10-17-2009
Positive thoughts. :-)
I give the Angels one win and say Yankees in five :-)

But I won't complain if/when they sweep :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 08:01 AM 10-18-2009
What a freaking game.
Drove me nuts.
Over thirty men on base left by both teams.
Both bullpens did a great job for them to keep them in the game.
An error decides it but hey, that is the part of the game.
Just glad in a way the call at second was not a game deciding issue. Clearly not an out. Clearly foot off the bag.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:20 AM 10-18-2009
Great game, kept me up late.

This is the best Yankees team I can remember watching since the 70's and they aren't going away any time soon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them buzz through this postseason without a loss.

That play at second was a call that normally would have been an out and I'm glad it didn't play a role in the outcome as well. It woulda sucked for the Angels and Red Sox fans to cry for an asterik next to the upcoming ALCS win for the Yankees.

Very fun to watch this after missing last year but, boy, would this be even more satisfying if the Yankees were crushing the Red Sox on their way to the World Series.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:23 AM 10-18-2009
I have seen a few time this year that the umps did not give the 'neighborhood out' call at second. From the reviews I saw his foot never touched the bag. I was still surprised to see it be called safe.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:02 PM 10-18-2009
I have seen a few time this year that the umps did not give the 'neighborhood out' call at second. From the reviews I saw his foot never touched the bag. I was still surprised to see it be called safe.
Problem is it wasn't even in the "neighborhood". Neither of his feet was even close.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:13 PM 10-18-2009
Stadium open to fans for Game 3
Public invited into Great Hall with Yankees in Anaheim

Yankee Stadium won't be the site of Game 3 of the American League Championship Series on Monday. But that doesn't mean it will be empty.

The Yankees announced on Sunday that they will open the Stadium Field Level and Great Hall to the public to watch the Yankees face the Angels in Anaheim as New York tries to take a commanding 3-0 lead in the ALCS.

"We wanted to provide a place for our fans to come together to cheer for our team, even if the game itself is taking place across the country," Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner said in a news release. "This is a way of saying 'Thank you' for their continued support."

Turnstiles between Gates 4 and 6 will open at 3:30 p.m. ET for the 4:13 p.m. game -- broadcast on FOX -- and fans can watch it in the Great Hall or in the open sections of the Field Level. Food and concession stands, as well as NYY Steak and Hard Rock Café, will be open and available to fans.

The decision to open the stadium was made after consultation with Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.

"I thank the New York Yankees for opening their amazing new stadium to the community, and I hope that people from all over the city will come out to cheer for the Yankees and share in what's sure to be a great night right here in the Bronx," Diaz Jr. said in the release.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

[Reply]
Blueface 06:44 AM 10-19-2009
A little of 7 hours to go and the heart is already beating a tad faster.
[Reply]
OpusEx 07:44 AM 10-19-2009
Trying REAL hard to get everything done I need to so I can "shut it all down" this afternoon :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:24 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by OpusEx:
Trying REAL hard to get everything done I need to so I can "shut it all down" this afternoon :-)
Your the boss, you can shut down whenever you want. :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 36
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up