Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 34
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
GoldnGT 08:05 AM 07-22-2009
From what I was looking at the screenshots, it looks like more of a "cigar review" app than an inventory app. Unless I'm looking at a second one.

"Our application gives the user quick access to both a vast cigar resource as well as a massive review database. It is comprised of user submitted reviews and commentaries."

So its not the same thing at all.. at least unless they decide to expand on it.

Personally I like the features of Mobile Stogie better as well as the direction its going... but it is definately only a matter of time before someone tries to get out there and compete with ya Ken!
[Reply]
skibumdc 08:09 AM 07-22-2009
Oh I like mobile stogie as well....but in the thread over on puff people are already asking him to basically mimic Mobile stogie.

Just trying to give Ken a heads up on the competition.
[Reply]
GoldnGT 08:26 AM 07-22-2009
Ahh.. I haven't been on Puff's forums, so I wasn't aware of the direction, just what the current app looked like on the app store.
[Reply]
skibumdc 08:34 AM 07-22-2009
I saw the app last night so I did a google search and it popped up the thread on puff. I read through it and saw the direction people want it to go. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:09 AM 07-22-2009
just updated my touch and downloaded this app. Looks good so far :-)

I would be more then willing to help you with any updates/databases.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 01:20 PM 07-22-2009
Nothing from Puffy will be on my iPhone.
[Reply]
GoldnGT 01:46 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Nothing from Puffy will be on my iPhone.
+1 :-)
[Reply]
KenS 03:11 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by GoldnGT:
From what I was looking at the screenshots, it looks like more of a "cigar review" app than an inventory app. Unless I'm looking at a second one.

"Our application gives the user quick access to both a vast cigar resource as well as a massive review database. It is comprised of user submitted reviews and commentaries."

So its not the same thing at all.. at least unless they decide to expand on it.

Personally I like the features of Mobile Stogie better as well as the direction its going... but it is definately only a matter of time before someone tries to get out there and compete with ya Ken!
When Mobile Stogie first came out, Jon Caputo contacted me to write his app for him. Offered me a pretty fair deal, but I didn't trust him enough to want to do business with him. Apparently, he found somebody else to do it, which I don't worry about too much. Competition is good, and hopefully we all end up with what we want to enhance our hobby. I already have a day job, so I just work on Mobile Stogie because it's fun. If somebody comes out with an app that blows it away, I'll probably be first in line to buy the app :-)

Appreciate the support from you guys though :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:49 PM 07-22-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
When Mobile Stogie first came out, Jon Caputo contacted me to write his app for him. Offered me a pretty fair deal, but I didn't trust him enough to want to do business with him. Apparently, he found somebody else to do it, which I don't worry about too much. Competition is good, and hopefully we all end up with what we want to enhance our hobby. I already have a day job, so I just work on Mobile Stogie because it's fun. If somebody comes out with an app that blows it away, I'll probably be first in line to buy the app :-)

Appreciate the support from you guys though :-)
You're the Best, Ken, & #1 in Our Book!:-)
[Reply]
KenS 03:30 PM 07-27-2009
Update: Version 1.6.0 has been submitted to the app store today. What's new:
Seems like the review cycle is around 7 to 10 days recently, so should show up sometime early next week. In the meantime, I'm adding more cigars to the online database for the live update feature.

Enjoy :-)
[Reply]
skibumdc 06:06 AM 07-28-2009
I sent Ken a spreadsheet with ALL of the Cuban Regional Release information as well as 2009 Edicion Limitada that have been released/testing.
Once his new version is approved he can push that new data to everyone.
Sweet
[Reply]
troutbreath 11:39 AM 08-02-2009
Had to restore my ipod's settings, and lost my entire collection . . .

Guess what I am doing this afternoon.
[Reply]
KenS 02:36 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Had to restore my ipod's settings, and lost my entire collection . . .

Guess what I am doing this afternoon.
Didn't restore your iPod from a backup??
[Reply]
troutbreath 05:16 PM 08-02-2009
I did restore from my backup, but that didn't fix the overriding problem with the ipod. I had to restore as a new ipod. I asked the Apple dude if I was going to lose all my data (thinking soley off this app), and he was not sure.

I now know the answer.

But, I enjoy counting my cigars and seeing how they are doing. I still have about 300 to load. Really not that hard to do, except for the "hard to find" Fuentes which have so many different purchase dates.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:19 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
I sent Ken a spreadsheet with ALL of the Cuban Regional Release information as well as 2009 Edicion Limitada that have been released/testing.
Once his new version is approved he can push that new data to everyone.
Sweet
Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 09:19 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Update: Version 1.6.0 has been submitted to the app store today. What's new:
  • Fixed a crashing bug in certain situations when deleting cigars
  • Added Live Update feature for new cigars (most requested feature!!!)
  • Added 'Price Paid' to the My Cigars section
  • Miscellaneous code cleanup
Seems like the review cycle is around 7 to 10 days recently, so should show up sometime early next week. In the meantime, I'm adding more cigars to the online database for the live update feature.

Enjoy :-)
AWESOME I have been bugging KenS for awhile about the Live Update feature ..
[Reply]
sikk50 09:33 PM 08-02-2009
At does live update mean?
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 09:37 PM 08-02-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
At does live update mean?
It means whenever KenS has a update to do as far as updating the cigar database it will update directly from a server instead of having to send in new updated applications and waiting on apple to approve them.
[Reply]
GoldnGT 08:58 AM 08-03-2009
Yup. Only updates he will have to submit will be for the actual application itself. He won't have to program the cigar data into the app and then everyone wait for an update =)
[Reply]
HK3- 11:07 AM 08-03-2009
Ken is my hero! :-)

Are you back from vacation yet? :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 34
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up