Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 54
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Smokin Gator 06:21 AM 06-15-2010
Argh!!! It won't take my order on the web and Apples phone system is down. ATT has a 7-10 minute wait and I have gotten cut off twice after almost 6 minutes!! Very un-Applelike.
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:24 AM 06-15-2010
Got it, now the long wait until the 24th! :-)

**Edit - Damn I must have just got in, store is down again!**
[Reply]
The Professor 06:39 AM 06-15-2010
Yeah ... you lucked out. Seems to basically be rolling blackouts on the Apple website. Epic fail. The ATT Premier site is up an running with the iP4 finally showing. I think I'll order it from there (though I wanted to order a bumper along with it).

Edit: Looks like the Apple Store is back online for me. Hmmmm....
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:42 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:

Edit: Looks like the Apple Store is back online for me. Hmmmm....
Me too but it doesn't seem to be functioning properly
[Reply]
The Professor 06:45 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Me too but it doesn't seem to be functioning properly
Yeah ... it's dog slow. So's ATT's site. If you think about it, demand is probably higher for this one than any previous release. The 3GS was pretty high; but a lot of 3G owners didn't upgrade. So today we're looking at 3G folks upgrading, a lot of 3GS folks upgrading, plus a ton of new customers. I bet you anything this is the biggest launch for a smartphone. Ever.
[Reply]
Mindflux 06:47 AM 06-15-2010
this is the biggest launch for a smartphone. Ever.
Wait..June 15th.. *checks calendar*. I KNEW "State the Obvious Day" was coming. Some reason I was thinking next week.

:-)

Chances are every other iPhone revision will be marked as "The biggest launch for a smartphone, EVER" unless Apple really screws the pooch.
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:48 AM 06-15-2010
Yeah ... it's dog slow. So's ATT's site. If you think about it, demand is probably higher for this one than any previous release. The 3GS was pretty high; but a lot of 3G owners didn't upgrade. So today we're looking at 3G folks upgrading, a lot of 3GS folks upgrading, plus a ton of new customers. I bet you anything this is the biggest launch for a smartphone. Ever.
Yeah I'd say your right. I finally gave up on the Apple site and went to the ATT site and it's doing the same thing. I'll probably wait until tomorrow or later this evening till it slows down a bit.
[Reply]
Mindflux 06:50 AM 06-15-2010
P.S I wonder how much of the site is clobbered by new Mac Mini orders

http://www.apple.com/macmini/
[Reply]
The Professor 06:51 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Yeah I'd say your right. I finally gave up on the Apple site and went to the ATT site and it's doing the same thing. I'll probably wait until tomorrow or later this evening till it slows down a bit.
Funny ... I guess I can't use the ATT site because it doesn't recognize the hyphen in my last name as valid. A**holes. Okay. I'll wait for the Apple site to work, I guess.
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:56 AM 06-15-2010
Funny ... I guess I can't use the ATT site because it doesn't recognize the hyphen in my last name as valid. A**holes. Okay. I'll wait for the Apple site to work, I guess.
:-) :-) :-)

I tried the ATT site but is said "can't process your selection, please try later or call customer service" Ugh..... :-)
[Reply]
Mindflux 07:03 AM 06-15-2010
3GS owners looking to trade up? Or even 3G owners check this out:

http://www.edibleapple.com/eligible-...t-radio-shack/
[Reply]
Bigwaved 07:14 AM 06-15-2010
Maybe it wouldn't let you order because you did not fax them a permission letter from your wife. :-) If you look at the very bottom of the page it has a statement. I have cut and pasted it below for you:

"No pants, no service"
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:19 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
Maybe it wouldn't let you order because you did not fax them a permission letter from your wife. :-) If you look at the very bottom of the page it has a statement. I have cut and pasted it below for you:

"No pants, no service"
Oh no he didn't! :-) :-) :-) :-)

AWESOME™
[Reply]
Blueface 08:36 AM 06-15-2010
I think I will give up for the day.
This is nuts.
I get to the page asking to know if an existing customer and can't move on from there.
[Reply]
aich75013 09:14 AM 06-15-2010
Just curious about the old iPhone. Can it still be used to play music/movies without being used as a phone?
I haven't tried ordering after reading the comments here. Plus my wife wants a white one.
[Reply]
croatan 09:18 AM 06-15-2010
For such a hyped launch, it's pretty amazing that they're failing so miserably this morning. I wonder how many millions of hours of productivity are being lost across the country right now as people keep trying to get the site to work. I know most folks in my office haven't gotten jack for work done yet. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:33 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
For such a hyped launch, it's pretty amazing that they're failing so miserably this morning. I wonder how many millions of hours of productivity are being lost across the country right now as people keep trying to get the site to work. I know most folks in my office haven't gotten jack for work done yet. :-)
:-)

It is amazing.

I have wasted quite a bit myself.
Tried Apple.
Tried AT&T.
Both are locked up and literally crashed.

Tried calling them for kicks.
Neither can take the call due to volume.

I guess there is not much interest in Apple's new phone at all.
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:40 AM 06-15-2010
not sure why, but I don't seem to be having much of a problem since the site went live. I do have dsl 6.0 , but I'm sure others have connections that are just as fast.
Also Apple release an Apple store iPhone app today. They said u could download the app and upgrade from ur iPhone
[Reply]
Blueface 09:41 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
not sure why, but I don't seem to be having much of a problem since the site went live. I do have dsl 6.0 , but I'm sure others have connections that are just as fast.
Also Apple release an Apple store iPhone app today. They said u could download the app and upgrade from ur iPhone
Thanks for sharing.
May call you lated when I have a break.
[Reply]
poker 09:43 AM 06-15-2010
Bingo:

Thanks for reserving your iPhone for pickup at the Apple Retail Store on June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m. You’ll receive an email confirmation shortly and we’ll have your iPhone ready and waiting for you when you come in to the store to pick up and pay.

When: Thursday, June 24
Where: Manhattan Village, Manhattan Beach
What: IPHONE 4 BLACK 32GB-USA
[Reply]
Page 14 of 54
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up