Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App ... need beta testers
tunes 01:19 PM 03-27-2009
:-) Congrats Ken!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Godofgravity 01:35 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by promethius:
Damn, still not available from the phone for download, gotta wait till I get home! :-)
If I search through iTunes it's showing up now. So it should be available through the app store search. (can't test right now, no wifi for my touch)
[Reply]
KenS 01:39 PM 03-27-2009
Originally Posted by Godofgravity:
If I search through iTunes it's showing up now. So it should be available through the app store search. (can't test right now, no wifi for my touch)
Yep, it works now. :-) You still need to search for "Mobile Stogie" at this point. Hopefully later a search for cigar or cigars will work.
[Reply]
SIMPLIFIED 04:25 PM 03-27-2009
Just downloaded it looking forward to checking it out...:-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 07:35 AM 03-28-2009
got mine too :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:58 AM 03-28-2009
I've been adding my sticks as time allows. This is really fun. It's always nice to have an excuse to go play with my cigars.

I only have 1 humi and when I'm adding sticks, I would find it a lot quicker if I didn't have to always select my only humi. In a future release, would it be possible to always default it to a certain humi, or possibly keep it a certain humi unless you want to change it?

Also, when selecting a shape when adding cigars, can new shapes be added? In addition, the more shapes, the longer the list will be. Is there an easier way to select your shape (maybe by letter: R for Robusto)

Thanks very much for creating this app. It's awesome!!
[Reply]
King James 08:25 AM 03-28-2009
awesome! :-)
[Reply]
KenS 08:48 AM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
I've been adding my sticks as time allows. This is really fun. It's always nice to have an excuse to go play with my cigars.

I only have 1 humi and when I'm adding sticks, I would find it a lot quicker if I didn't have to always select my only humi. In a future release, would it be possible to always default it to a certain humi, or possibly keep it a certain humi unless you want to change it?
I noticed the same thing, and I have already changed that for the next release. I set it up so that it always defaults to the last humidor that you added to.

Originally Posted by :
Also, when selecting a shape when adding cigars, can new shapes be added? In addition, the more shapes, the longer the list will be. Is there an easier way to select your shape (maybe by letter: R for Robusto)
You can certainly add new shapes. That option is at the top of the list when you are selecting the shape. Select "Add New Shape", and text box will appear to type into. In that particular type of pick list, there's no easy way to engage the keyboard for jumping around on the list. I'd need to use a different design I think.

Originally Posted by :
Thanks very much for creating this app. It's awesome!!
[Reply]
longknocker 12:26 PM 03-28-2009
Ken: Just purchased your app, but having trouble adding listed cigars to "My Humidor". Thanks!

Greg
[Reply]
KenS 12:28 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Ken: Just purchased your app, but having trouble adding listed cigars to "My Humidor". Thanks!

Greg
Can you describe the steps you are taking, and what is happening?
[Reply]
longknocker 12:29 PM 03-28-2009
Figured it out! Didn't realize I had to name the humidor. Nice App! Thanks!

Greg
[Reply]
KenS 12:40 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Figured it out! Didn't realize I had to name the humidor. Nice App! Thanks!

Greg
Excellent! Good to know I sold another copy today :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 12:45 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
Excellent! Good to know I sold another copy today :-)
I'm spreading the word. You might be able to retire by next month!:-):-)
[Reply]
KenS 12:57 PM 03-28-2009
Ok, time for a little recognition for the help I received in building this. First off, rest assured that I appreciate all of the comments and feedback throughout the process from everybody.

As far as beta testing, promethius really worked with me the most to improve the app, took the time to email me files for testing, etc. Great job Patrick. A few smokable thank you's are on the way (DC# 0103 8555 7495 3105 3985).

Also, Lee, Hal (HK3-), and my son Jon (godofgravity) all put in quite a few hours entering cigar information to make the reference data something useful for everybody. They also gave frequent feedback early in the development before I opened up beta testing. Thanks for your efforts as well. We'll have ample opportunity to smoke some thank you cigars together.

Lastly, Andrew (DPD6030), at times tried to be my agent and at other times just kept providing encouragement to get the app done. He then went and bought an iPod Touch so he could get the app, and logged the first official review on the iTunes App Store. Thanks Andrew, I have some nice cigars for you for our Wednesday herf this week :-)

Again, thanks for the feedback and encouragement from the rest of you as well :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 4121314
Up