Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 30
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2013 Thread
icehog3 02:00 PM 07-31-2013
Rumor is Peralta is going to get 50 games today or tomorrow, so Iggy will be much needed this season.
[Reply]
shilala 04:11 PM 07-31-2013
That sucks, Tom. It still tweaks me that they only came up with Braun's 65 games and didn't cast the rest of the suspensions at the same time. I think they wanted to single him out because of his last go-round and let the media feast on him a bit.
If A-rod is gonna get 100 games, it would have been nice for the Yankees if he could have started serving them already.
I guess all this PED stuff just upsets me. Not that they use it, cause I'm a firm believer that everyone uses something to get and edge, whatever it may be. It's the never-ending saga of stench that comes with it. I liked it way better when nobody cared.

Then you have this thing hanging over the trade deadline. It should have been resolved prior so teams could make necessary moves. Obviously the Tigers knew? I haven't seen a list of players or penalties expected, so I'm guessing there's teams that'll get stung and have no way to replace players, and that ain't right.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:17 PM 07-31-2013
I am hoping that they ban AFraud for the next season but not a lifetime ban, that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract :-)

Braun had a big mouth when he knew he was guilty, he got off easy the first time and should have kept his mouth shut, but he went big and loud after they let him slide, that was his mistake, if you are wrong and you get a free pass it's best to shut your mouth.

I think the only time no one cared was before it was so rampant, but now if the younger kids want to make the bigs they have to compete or supplant the current major league players and the only way to do that is juice along with them.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:24 PM 07-31-2013
I agree with you, Scott....they all have an edge, some get caught, some don't.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:40 PM 07-31-2013
good riddance to Peavy:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:37 PM 07-31-2013
You may end up liking Garcia a lot, Nate. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:24 PM 07-31-2013
I hope so Tom. Not much going good for the Sox right now
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:54 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by :
Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.
I know it's being whispered but looks like we'll find out in the next two days, I still hope they give him a year so that they Yankees have to honor the rest of his contract :-)

Looks like the other players are looking at 50 games.

Linky to Article
[Reply]
shilala 07:31 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I am hoping that they ban AFraud for the next season but not a lifetime ban, that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract :-)

Braun had a big mouth when he knew he was guilty, he got off easy the first time and should have kept his mouth shut, but he went big and loud after they let him slide, that was his mistake, if you are wrong and you get a free pass it's best to shut your mouth.

I think the only time no one cared was before it was so rampant, but now if the younger kids want to make the bigs they have to compete or supplant the current major league players and the only way to do that is juice along with them.
Yes sir, Braun had some kinda balls. He skated on a technicality, was guilty, then rubbed everyone's nose in it. Even acted like he wasn't guilty. That's why he got 65 days instead of 50. He shoulda got a punch in his mouth, that's what he needed.
They're calling for somewhere between 50 and 100 games for Arod, closer to 100. Mainly because he was a cheerleader for Biogenysis and brought tons of guys to them. So he's getting an extra slap. It's his last trick before his lifetime ban, they can't give him life this time, it goes to the penalty the players bargained for with MLB.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
I agree with you, Scott....they all have an edge, some get caught, some don't.
They always have and they always will. I don't have a problem with it, either. Never did. I do worry that some kids may pay the Lyle Alzado price, but things have come a long, long way.
While I think it'd be wonderful if nobody juiced or put themselves in harm's way, I always think of the old saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."
If there's a right and wrong of it, cheating is wrong, but it will never, ever end. So make the stuff safe and available, or do away with the system that creates the problem. But don't make it a spectacle when it's clearly something that's expected of all pro athletes.
I guess it's the never ending lie that upsets me, ya know?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 PM 07-31-2013
Agreed again, Mr. shilala. :-)

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I hope so Tom. Not much going good for the Sox right now
Even tonight. Go up 5-3 in the top of the 9th, now some bad baseball and the Tribe has the bases loaded with no outs. Sox can't buy a break.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:13 PM 07-31-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
that way the MFY (for you of those that don't know that's Mother F***ing Yankees) still have to pay him his contract :-)
As opposed to the CSB (for you of those that don't know that's C0ck Sucking Bosox)

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:16 AM 08-01-2013
Since my Mets aren't playing that great, its good to see the Pirates playing extremely well. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:27 AM 08-01-2013
29 runs in the past three games, I couldn't be prouder of my Bravos. As long as these young pitchers can hold it together we might have a chance this year
[Reply]
Dave128 09:29 AM 08-01-2013
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:32 AM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......
Oh, did you just realize you were a Mets fan?
[Reply]
Dave128 09:39 AM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Oh, did you just realize you were a Mets fan?
I rather enjoy being a Mets fan. It takes the guesswork out of making sure I'm available to watch baseball in October.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:21 AM 08-01-2013
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I rather enjoy being a Mets fan. It takes the guesswork out of making sure I'm available to watch baseball in October.
:-)
[Reply]
357 08:57 AM 08-02-2013
I wish MLB would just suspend the players not fighting it so the Tigers could make Iggy the new starting SS already. I hate this being in limbo crap. Plus they could even get Peralta back in the fall if they wanted to, IF the suspension starts now/soon.
[Reply]
shilala 09:16 AM 08-02-2013
Fun Fact: Clayton Kershaw’s great-uncle, Clyde Tombaugh, discovered Pluto, in 1930.
I heard that on the radio yesterday, but the guy said his uncle invented Pluto, so I thought he meant Pluto the Disney dog. I had to Google it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:17 AM 08-02-2013
I'd be more impressed if he discovered a planet or something :-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 30
« First < 4121314 151624 > Last »
Up