Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 137 of 225
« First < 3787127135136137 138139147187 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
waffle 11:50 AM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
:-)
I'm going on the 17th... drinking across the river then catching the ferry over... it'll be a blast!
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:31 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by waffle:
I'm going on the 17th... drinking across the river then catching the ferry over... it'll be a blast!
That's what I'm talking about!...good times with good friends, family, co-workers, etc.....if your team wins then BONUS!!....if not, gives you something to b!tch about on the way home, but your belly is still full of hot dogs, peanuts and crackerjacks!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:57 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I can't wait to see our call-ups. I am excited to see Devin Mesorraco. Although I have heard that he is pretty fatigued at this point because he has played 100+ games so far.
He's the only prospect I really am interested in right now b/c he's gonna be our starter next year. Despite the hype we've heard about his defense, it looks pretty mediocre from the videos I've seen, but he's supposed to carry a decent bat. Nothing against Hernandez, but you can see him slowly falling off.

Good to see we dumped Hermida and DFA'd Lewis.:-)

We need some definite upgrades for the left side of the field next year. LF and third are gonna be major problems next season if we don't make some changes.
Heisey/Sappelt/Alonso in LF isn't good and Rolen/Frazier/Francisco/possibly Alonso at third isn't gonna be pretty either.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:18 PM 09-01-2011
I had to see Francisco today. God, he is still not very good. His swing is horrendous. If I was a pitcher, I would just throw breaking balls because his swing is so darn long. Every time he swung and missed, he fell over onto the plate.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:18 PM 09-01-2011
Also, Brook Jacoby needs to be fired. When you have Stubbs striking out all the time and you can't get him to adjust somehow, you have failed as a manager.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:22 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I had to see Francisco today. God, he is still not very good. His swing is horrendous. If I was a pitcher, I would just throw breaking balls because his swing is so darn long. Every time he swung and missed, he fell over onto the plate.
Hellz yeah! You see, Adam? Dan can make posts here that aren't always homeristic statements.

I wrote Francisco off last year after his big league disaster. He hasn't been bad in the minors this year, but I see him as another EE at third. Mediocre hitter with bad defense, yet good pitching will wipe him out as well.

Dan is basically saying that Fransisco has the same swing as Stubbs, which is also about the same as Frazier and Sappelt. Way too long and trying to hit for power, yet they are not power hitters.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:24 PM 09-01-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Hellz yeah! You see, Adam? Dan can make posts here that aren't always homeristic statements.

I wrote Francisco off last year after his big league disaster. He hasn't been bad in the minors this year, but I see him as another EE at third. Mediocre hitter with bad defense, yet good pitching will wipe him out as well.

Dan is basically saying that Fransisco has the same swing as Stubbs, which is also about the same as Frazier and Sappelt. Way too long and trying to hit for power, yet they are not power hitters.
It took 140 games, but he finally figured it out. :-)
[Reply]
waffle 07:51 AM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It took 140 games, but he finally figured it out. :-)
Better late than never!! And I agree... somebody needs to be exposed for that horrific strikeout king... if he's so fast, why isnt he ripping infield singles like its going out of style? Seriously, a ball in play between the pitcher and 3rd, he should get on about 75% of the time if his speed is what they say it is.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:48 AM 09-02-2011
Better late than never!! And I agree... somebody needs to be exposed for that horrific strikeout king... if he's so fast, why isnt he ripping infield singles like its going out of style? Seriously, a ball in play between the pitcher and 3rd, he should get on about 75% of the time if his speed is what they say it is.
Agreed. Maybe Jacoby should tell him to move up or back in the box. Something!
[Reply]
Starscream 10:51 AM 09-02-2011
If they called for him to bunt for a hit more often, his speed would get him on base more times than not. But they don't seem to want to let the kid bunt.
[Reply]
waffle 02:05 PM 09-02-2011
If they called for him to bunt for a hit more often, his speed would get him on base more times than not. But they don't seem to want to let the kid bunt.
Correction, the kid is TURRIBLE at bunting... when they give you the "swing away" sign and you're the first batter, a bunt is still considered a swing...he could take it upon himself, ESPECIALLY with the bases empty to lay down a bunt, but hes afraid to try because as the Cowboy has pointed out, that kid cant bunt worth a lick.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:07 PM 09-02-2011
Correction, the kid is TURRIBLE at bunting... when they give you the "swing away" sign and you're the first batter, a bunt is still considered a swing...he could take it upon himself, ESPECIALLY with the bases empty to lay down a bunt, but hes afraid to try because as the Cowboy has pointed out, that kid cant bunt worth a lick.
Last year and earlier this year I would agree, but have you seen his attempts of recent? he's laid down some pretty good ones.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:19 PM 09-02-2011
Last year and earlier this year I would agree, but have you seen his attempts of recent? he's laid down some pretty good ones.
Lets be honest, the kid isn't faster than most of the lead off hitters in the NL. Reyes, Victorino, Bourn, Weeks etc. all faster and can put down bunts for base hits on the reg. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:33 PM 09-02-2011
Reds Win! Reds Win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:55 PM 09-02-2011
21st win for Verlander! :-)

Oops, wrong thread. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:02 PM 09-02-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
21st win for Verlander! :-)

Oops, wrong thread. :-)
Verlander is the ace every team wishes they had. He may single handedly be winning that division for the Tigers. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:06 PM 09-02-2011
Verlander is the ace every team wishes they had. He may single handedly be winning that division for the Tigers. :-)
Their record in games he has pitched in versus games he has not pretty much confirms that, Adam. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:27 AM 09-03-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:29 AM 09-03-2011
Lets be honest, the kid isn't faster than most of the lead off hitters in the NL. Reyes, Victorino, Bourn, Weeks etc. all faster and can put down bunts for base hits on the reg. :-)
Not sure what this has to do with the argument? I never said he was the fastest player in the league. He is pretty darn fast, though.

To be honest, I am more than ok with him being on this team as long as Dusty realizes that Stubbs will be nothing more than a 6-8 hitter. We all know that he can't be a leadoff hitter b/c of his swing. Stubbs' numbers would be acceptable as a bottom of the order hitter on most MLB teams.
[Reply]
waffle 01:41 PM 09-03-2011
Not sure what this has to do with the argument? I never said he was the fastest player in the league. He is pretty darn fast, though.

I like him 6-8 too, the biggest issue with him in Cincy was the fact that he was batting leadoff and couldnt get on base. Now that hes in the middle of the lineup, it works well. He's batting around what you could expect out a 6-8 batter and it gets him work while at the same time taking pressure off him of getting on base. Also, the speed in the end of the lineup is a nice jolt.
To be honest, I am more than ok with him being on this team as long as Dusty realizes that Stubbs will be nothing more than a 6-8 hitter. We all know that he can't be a leadoff hitter b/c of his swing. Stubbs' numbers would be acceptable as a bottom of the order hitter on most MLB teams.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 225
« First < 3787127135136137 138139147187 > Last »
Up