Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 136 of 159
« First < 3686126134135136 137138146 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
SnuffCan 04:13 PM 04-19-2015
Two books currently:
Stephenson's REAMDE
Lencioni's Silos, Politics and Turf Wars
[Reply]
The Poet 04:19 PM 04-19-2015
I really need to get back to my Proust, as I'm still The Captive of another interminable Parisian party, and have been for too long.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:07 PM 04-19-2015
Re-reading A Game of Thrones.
[Reply]
timj219 08:59 PM 04-19-2015
"The Nuns of Sant'Ambrogio: The True Story of a Convent in Scandal" by Hubert Wolf.

A non-fiction account of murder, heresy, and lesbian initiation rites at a Roman convent in the mid 1800s. The book is built on evidence found in recently opened archives of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (inquisition) at the Vatican. Wolf covers the histirical, political, and sectarian factors that affected the investigation and the decision to keep the story secret..
Well written and compelling read I liked it.
[Reply]
shilala 08:04 AM 04-20-2015
Victor88 suggested the Newsflesh series.
I read the first book, then 80% of the second book. That's all I could take.
I haven't picked up a book since I set that second one down. Yup, that disgusted. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:33 PM 04-20-2015
The Family by Jeff Sharlet...
[Reply]
SnuffCan 05:36 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
Victor88 suggested the Newsflesh series.
I read the first book, then 80% of the second book. That's all I could take.
I haven't picked up a book since I set that second one down. Yup, that disgusted. :-)
Please tell me more...I've never heard of this series..
[Reply]
Flynnster 07:17 PM 04-20-2015
Just started "The Park Service Trilogy" A very interesting post apocalyptic setting. First book was good and I really have no idea where it is heading in the next two books.

A bit off topic, but how many of you have an e-reader? I picked up a kindle paperwhite a few years ago when it came out. I had been waiting for one with a light to come out since the first kindle. It quickly became my favorite thing.
[Reply]
SnuffCan 07:27 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
Just started "The Park Service Trilogy" A very interesting post apocalyptic setting. First book was good and I really have no idea where it is heading in the next two books.

A bit off topic, but how many of you have an e-reader? I picked up a kindle paperwhite a few years ago when it came out. I had been waiting for one with a light to come out since the first kindle. It quickly became my favorite thing.
I have the original kindle and I love it. It has increased my reading tenfold.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:06 PM 04-20-2015
I've used an e-reader for years.
I started with a 2nd generation Kindle. I now own and use a Paperwhite and love it.
I may be looking to dispose of my original Kindle for a few cigars.

I have a huge e-book library if anyone is looking for stuff to read. Mostly fiction.
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 11:04 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Still working thrugh the Complete Sherlock Holmes (a new guilty pleasure of mine) and just started "How to live on 24 hours a day" by Arnold Bennet
There is a paperback version of How to Live on Amazon Prime right now for $1.73! So yeah, I ordered it.
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 11:13 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Just finished The Eye of the World, the first book of The Wheel of Time series. I'm intending to read through the entire series, but I'm not used to books lasting me four weeks to read! Planning to start The Great Hunt shortly. Thinking about reading something a little lighter in between each book though.
Theology and cigars, excellent. Add a finger or two of scotch and we might really get somewhere.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:23 AM 04-21-2015

Got a Kindle Fire in 2009 and moved up to the HD last Christmas. Love 'em.
[Reply]
timj219 06:16 PM 04-21-2015
Benn using a Nook E-Ink reader for a few years. I own the glowlight model now. Love it.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:09 AM 04-22-2015
Just started reading the Deadpool comics.....so far i'm a fan
[Reply]
shark 05:49 PM 04-22-2015
I recently finished Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms. I was rather disappointed.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:49 PM 04-22-2015
Never Go Back by Lee Child.
[Reply]
Scottastic 10:24 PM 04-22-2015
Re-reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:51 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Never Go Back by Lee Child.
Is that a Jack Reacher book? I read the first three and am taking a break before picking up the series again.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:46 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Is that a Jack Reacher book? I read the first three and am taking a break before picking up the series again.
Yes, Sir. Number 18.
This past Christmas, I had only read through number 9. My son gave me a signed copy of Personal - number 19 in the series. I wanted to read them in order so I have been reading Lee Child since then.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 159
« First < 3686126134135136 137138146 > Last »
Up