Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 135 of 138
« First < 3585125133134135 136137 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 10:29 PM 06-27-2011
Originally Posted by :
The Chicago Blackhawks traded the rights to forward Tomas Kopecky to the Florida Panthers on Monday, days before he was set to become an unrestricted free agent
Just 8 left from the 2010 Cup winning roster.
Ahbroody 12:42 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Just 8 left from the 2010 Cup winning roster.
Was going to make a Marlins reference but right now thats still better then the Sharks. :-)
Bruins Fan 03:37 AM 06-28-2011
Salary dumping when the cap is going up that must make good talk radio?
357 08:54 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Prefy:
Its been quite and exciting off season so far, especially with the Jets returning to the NHL.

As a Winnipeger it has been pretty surreal experience.

To add to everything I have had a surreal experience of my own in the last month. On May 27th I signed a contract with the Chicago Blackhawks to be the Video Coach for their American Hockey League affiliate in Rockford!

I realized at quite an early age that I wasn't going to play hockey as a profession but it took me two years of pursuing a degree in Microbiology to realize that I could still work in the sport. With an abrupt change in career paths three years of schooling pursuing a degree in Sport Management, countless hours of volunteering and a year long internship I can now say that I have realized part of my dream!

I have to report to Chicago August 29th, to get things rolling for the Blackhawks rookie tournament and training camp and I really don't things will sink in until then. I do know one things for sure, I have never wanted a summer to go by faster then this one! :-)

I thought I would share with you guys because you are all passionate about hockey and I figured you would appreciate it!:-)
Congrats Matt! Glad to hear your dreams are coming true. I wish you the best going forward.
Prefy 09:37 PM 06-28-2011
I see a herf in order in late August. :-)
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Mini-Herf in November when my kid's team comes up for the Bauer International Invite Nov 3-6!

:-)
For-sure on both accounts! I still need to smoke a celebratory cigar (I'm sure that won't be the case by then though:-))

Originally Posted by yourchoice:
That is awesome! Congrats, Matt!
Originally Posted by 357:
Congrats Matt! Glad to hear your dreams are coming true. I wish you the best going forward.
Thanks Guys! If you guys are ever in my neck of the woods or vice versa I'll have a few tickets waiting! :-)
Prefy 09:43 PM 06-28-2011
Back on the NHL front...to me it seems like this has been one of the busiest starts to an off-season in recent memory!

Should be interesting to see what happens with Stamkos in a couple days. I'd throw and offer sheet his way if he isn't signed come July 1st.
Ahbroody 10:40 PM 06-28-2011
Well done Matt.
icehog3 11:59 PM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by :
The Pittsburgh Penguins have offered Jaromir Jagr a one-year deal and the 39-year-old winger has until Wednesday to decide if he wants to take it, general manager Ray Shero told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Tuesday.
:-)
Sawyer 09:06 AM 07-01-2011
Richards back to Tampa? That would be awesome.

Originally Posted by :
Richards, who wants a long-term deal to "get some security and settle into a place I want to go," did not shoot down a suggestion he might be willing to take less salary to return to Tampa Bay, in an interview with the St. Petersburg Times

Bruins Fan 05:53 PM 07-01-2011
Bruins say goodbye to Michale Ryder,and sign Benoit Pouliot from the Habs.
It will be interesting how he is welcomed? This guy tried to take Johnny Boychucks head off with a flying elbow to the head in the playoffs.
Pouliot was drafted number four in 05 but has been a dud so far.
We will see?
yourchoice 06:37 PM 07-01-2011
My Flyer's head is spinning... Jagr, Talbot, Lilja in...Versteeg out. Leino signs with Buf. Let alone last week's activity. It' going to take me half of the season to figure out who's who! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Angus 08:02 PM 07-01-2011
As a Penguins season ticket holder and die-hard fan.....I can honestly say that Jaromir Jagr is now the all-time most hated sports athlete that has ever played in Pittsburgh, beating out Barry Bonds. :-)

Joel, you'll love Talbot. Great character guy, awesome on the PK and big goals in clutch times. Don't expect a lot of goals from him.

Matt....Congratulations, that's awesome. Good luck brother :-)
icehog3 10:01 PM 07-01-2011
Montador. O'Donnell. Brunette. Carcillo. Mayers.

Hawks got tougher, and will have some veteran leadership on the 3rd and 4th lines. I like it. :-)
Ahbroody 12:56 AM 07-02-2011
Mayers is a punk. :-)
I know you love jamal. :-)
icehog3 07:53 AM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I know you love jamal. :-)
He is a Blackhawk now! :-) :-)

Could have been worse....coulda been Raffi Torres.
GreekGodX 09:49 AM 07-02-2011
Wings sign Mike Commodore, not going to replace Rafalski by any means but adds a D guy to the 5th or 6th spot. Looks like we'll probably end up throwing money at Tomas Kaberle, Bryan McCabe, or Ian White. We'll see what happens. We resigned Jonathon Ericsson which I'm not too excited about. He's getting a huge raise and I think he regressed last season. Expectations are high for him to move up in the D rotation.

Brad Richards also finalized his final 4, no winged wheel for him but I don't think there was ever interest on his side.
Sawyer 09:57 AM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Wings sign Mike Commodore, not going to replace Rafalski by any means but adds a D guy to the 5th or 6th spot. Looks like we'll probably end up throwing money at Tomas Kaberle, Bryan McCabe, or Ian White. We'll see what happens. We resigned Jonathon Ericsson which I'm not too excited about. He's getting a huge raise and I think he regressed last season. Expectations are high for him to move up in the D rotation.

Brad Richards also finalized his final 4, no winged wheel for him but I don't think there was ever interest on his side.
No lightning bolt either. :-)
Bruins Fan 10:11 AM 07-02-2011
The rumor mill is churning in Boston, Chiarelli is being asked if he would consider an offer sheet to Steven Stamkos.
I would love to see it but it's more like reporters stirring the pot :-)
icehog3 10:53 AM 07-02-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Looks like we'll probably end up throwing money at Tomas Kaberle. Brad Richards also finalized his final 4, no winged wheel for him but I don't think there was ever interest on his side.
Big mistake...he is worthless at this point. :-)

Originally Posted by Sawyer:
No lightning bolt either. :-)
He is a Ranger for the next 9 years. Ho hum.
ahc4353 11:17 AM 07-02-2011
As a Ranger fan I'm very happy how forwards are looking. :-)
Page 135 of 138
« First < 3585125133134135 136137 > Last »
Up