Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 135 of 350
« First < 3585125133134135 136137145185235 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 07:07 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:

This whole term of "functional strength" that everyone throws around is kind of ridiculous. Who judges what is functional and not? If your a strongman isn't squatting 1000lbs functional? Is it functional for you to be able to do 1000 burpees in a day?
Word.

side note isn't this a pumping iron thread?Not a silly pilates, or fitness thread?OR YOGA FOR THAT MATTER:-):-):-):-)
Maybe someone should start a fitness thread. I don't mind people talking about their other fitness routines and goals here, but when people start bashing powerlifting, Olympic lifting, bodybuilding...well, this just ain't the thread to do that in.
The Professor 07:24 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Word.

Maybe someone should start a fitness thread. I don't mind people talking about their other fitness routines and goals here, but when people start bashing powerlifting, Olympic lifting, bodybuilding...well, this just ain't the thread to do that in.
Double/triple WORD. :-)

I wanna be fat in peace. :-)
icehog3 07:34 PM 09-27-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Double/triple WORD. :-)

I wanna be fat in peace. :-)
:-)

I can lift cars, I can play hockey against the 21 year olds...I don't want to feel bad because I can't keep up on the latest aerobic circuit training. :-)
dogface_313 07:42 PM 09-27-2009
If it came off that I was bashing power lifting or oly lifting then I apologize. My first post in this thread was saying how amazed I was by that guy's lifts. Most of my workouts do in fact incorporate oly lifts, whether they be deadlifts, cleans, snatches what have you. If I came off as disrespectful once again I apologize, I just enjoy working out and staying in shape and felt like discussing it. The only thing that has been bashed by anyone is Crossfit. But like it was said before different people have different goals.
icehog3 08:21 PM 09-27-2009
No apology necessary, Ryan, we are just used to talking about the more traditional weight training in the thread. Like cigars, it's different strokes for different folks. Hopefully we can all discuss ideas and routines without judging others'. I will do my best to live up to that best I can.
DavenportESQ 08:30 PM 09-27-2009
No apology necessary, Ryan, we are just used to talking about the more traditional weight training in the thread. Like cigars, it's different strokes for different folks. Hopefully we can all discuss ideas and routines without judging others'. I will do my best to live up to that best I can.
Mostly I don't want to hear about Dokk doing yoga :-)
icehog3 08:32 PM 09-27-2009
I can live with it if he posts up some pictures. :-)
DavenportESQ 08:35 PM 09-27-2009
Maybe the scenery whose doing it with him
icehog3 08:53 PM 09-27-2009
Maybe the scenery whose doing it with him
I want to see his leotard. :-)
The Professor 10:20 PM 09-27-2009
I hate u all. :-):-):-)
Posted via Mobile Device
PeteSB75 07:33 AM 09-28-2009
I'll see if I can get a pic of me spinning one of these days for you Tom. You can put it on your fridge next to the one of Dokk in his leotard. :-)

Good lifts this morning, heavy dead and some higher volume work. Dead 275x4, 315x2 PR reps, OH DB Press 55x12,10,10 and finished up with Lat pulldowns for 180x10,8,8.

Fiance is off today, so she made me a nice bacon & cheese omelette before I headed off to work. always great having a cooked breakfast in the morning after the gym.
icehog3 08:31 AM 09-28-2009
Sweet, Pete! :-)

Almost Gym Time For Bonzo.... :-)
gorob23 10:50 AM 09-28-2009
I was wondering...can I banter here :-)

Rob :-)
Mugen910 11:19 AM 09-28-2009
Dead bug or Downward Dog? :-)
Mugen910 11:35 AM 09-28-2009
side note isn't this a pumping iron thread?Not a silly pilates, or fitness thread?OR YOGA FOR THAT MATTER
Word.

:-)...now I feel like a fool for having posted up my daily runs during my marathon training...:-)
icehog3 01:08 PM 09-28-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
:-)...now I feel like a fool for having posted up my daily runs during my marathon training...:-)
See our subsequent posts....not an issue, Brother Bao! :-)
BigFrank 03:44 PM 09-28-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
If it came off that I was bashing power lifting or oly lifting then I apologize. My first post in this thread was saying how amazed I was by that guy's lifts. Most of my workouts do in fact incorporate oly lifts, whether they be deadlifts, cleans, snatches what have you. If I came off as disrespectful once again I apologize, I just enjoy working out and staying in shape and felt like discussing it. The only thing that has been bashed by anyone is Crossfit. But like it was said before different people have different goals.
I dont think anyone was put off or offended by anything ya said. I just like most others try to help fellow brothers here go in the right direction. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. Unless it is Jessica Alba then its all roses and such. Anyways. Like I said bro, if crossfit is working for you then I am happy. I dont care if we even talk about pillates or whatever here. Doesnt matter to me. I just offer my experience and thoughts to others hoping it will help in the end. I dont want to see anyone waste time or hurt themselves.

But a Ban on Dokk and Yoga is a must.

No gym tonight my upper back is shot. Power cleans are a must for anyone who wants a huge upper back. My traps are extremely sure.
icehog3 04:15 PM 09-28-2009
Tore up back today, lots of heavy rows and lots of pull-ups. Gonna need to throw in some power cleans next back day, Frank. :-)
BigFrank 05:53 PM 09-28-2009
Tore up back today, lots of heavy rows and lots of pull-ups. Gonna need to throw in some power cleans next back day, Frank. :-)
If you decide to do them, I would do them first. They are great for a warmup exercise. Plus doing them without much in the tank isnt a good idea figuring they are a full body lift.
gorob23 08:01 PM 09-28-2009
Word.

M when people start bashing powerlifting, Olympic lifting, bodybuilding...well, this just ain't the thread to do that in.
:-) ....

Rob
Page 135 of 350
« First < 3585125133134135 136137145185235 > Last »
Up