Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 133 of 350
« First < 3383123131132133 134135143183233 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
BigFrank 05:10 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Back and triceps last night...tonite is shoulders and Legs..gonna see if dead lifts work for me tonite too.

Not really planning to bulk but it just happens since it's manly nature to want to go bigger and heavier...

Quick question..would it be better for weight loss to do a tad lighter weights/longer reps and 4 sets or does heavy weights/short reps and 3 sets help burn fat faster cuz growing muscles burn more calories?
Deads might be hard to get into. They aren't the easiest lift if done heavy enough. Think if them like squats. They gonna suck, you're gonna be sore, but you will grow and get stronger.

For weight loss. As far as training goes, I would try to keep rest between sets to a minimum. For the big lifts, squats, deads, Mil. Press, and Bench I would stay heavy and rest for the big weight. Assistance work I would do high reps 10+ maybe toss in some super sets, and keep the rest time low. More attention should be paid on diet, if you wanna drop weight. You really do not have to change the way you workout at first when trying to drop weight. Diet change will be more than substation. Tempo changes, things like that I would retain till later in the dieting phase. But if you feel so inclined go right ahead. I would avoid doing more at first. Play that by ear. Get the basics together first, pay attention to your body and if you feel like you can take more go ahead. Avoid over doing it and burning yourself out when trying to drop weight. Slow and steady. I could tell you tons of stories of guys that kill themselves right off the bat and do more harm than anything else.
You can only serve on master. I know some people may disagree. But I have always found personally and by watching others than a long term plan set on one goal works better than having multiple goals. You wanna get big? then get big. You wanna tone up and get ripped, then diet. Guys try to do both and always crash and burn ( some people can get away with this based on genetics and drug use.)

I guess long story short. Pick a goal. Set your plan. Then attack. Do it for 12 weeks solid. Take a week off, re-evaluate your goals. Then re-set your plan according. If A and B weren't working, go with C. I think you get the just of it there. Do what works. Learn what works FOR YOU...and do it.
BigFrank 05:16 PM 09-24-2009
Edit: Trained on Sunday. No gym in 4 days. Big slack-time. Kids and Old lady have been sick. Had some exams at school, and work is still in overtime mode. Going to hit the gym full swing next week. My joints have been very achy as of late, so hopefully this little unplanned time off helps.
I just try to tell myself that Rome wasn't built in a day, and my long term goals will take time also.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than I am making into the gym.
The Professor 06:11 PM 09-24-2009
Took the day off. Mom's trying to make me fatter. Of course she is.

I'm sore from deadlifts yesterday. Haven't been sore in my hams for a little while. I worked them pretty hard this week, though, and the deadlift day was just the last nail in the coffin. Didn't drink enough water while flying yesterday and woke up with a super painful cramp from my calf and extending up into the lower hams (probably just from the calf pulling).

Anyway. Day one of no lifting is done and it brings a little tear to my eye ... even though I know it's for the best.
icehog3 10:25 PM 09-24-2009
Chest and back today, short but intense. Already feeling a little sore. :-)
PeteSB75 07:34 AM 09-25-2009
Went heavy this morning. Squatted 315x5, 325x5 and 335x4 (PR); Bar rows for 185x5x3(PR) and finished it off with some dips. I wanted to lie on the floor at the gym for a while after stretching... Damn work.
Stig 07:45 AM 09-25-2009
After a very long time away from the gym due to shoulder and leg injuries (almost 10 months) I have finaly started going back to the gym but am nowhere near what I was doing a year ago. Last year inclined leg presses 28 plates x 10 reps, this week 6 plates x 10 reps x 3 sets and the paid the following day was insane.:-) Nothing like having to start all over agian from scratch.
Mugen910 08:07 AM 09-25-2009
Thanks for the info Big Frank...

I didn't get to do dead lifts last night... Was a bit tired from switching over to 4 sets per exercise.

Squats 95 x10, 135 x10, 185 x10, maxed out at 250 x10

Leg extension and hamstring curls after.

Shoulder workout was military press, front raise, and upright row.

Any debate on whether or not the use of the foam padding is detrimental to the building of your traps? Had a guy last night ask me why I used the foam. My answer was "I don't know, I thought you had to"
PeteSB75 10:53 AM 09-25-2009
Thanks for the info Big Frank...

I didn't get to do dead lifts last night... Was a bit tired from switching over to 4 sets per exercise.

Squats 95 x10, 135 x10, 185 x10, maxed out at 250 x10

Leg extension and hamstring curls after.

Shoulder workout was military press, front raise, and upright row.

Any debate on whether or not the use of the foam padding is detrimental to the building of your traps? Had a guy last night ask me why I used the foam. My answer was "I don't know, I thought you had to"
They have foam pads at your gym? Do any actual men train there? :-)

Seriously though, I think the only thing it does is prevent the formation of calluses at your normal bar placement spot. If the bar spot is causing you pain, move the bar. I go with a low bar squat, more comfortable and lets me lift more weight.

I love watching the people who put the pad on the smith machine bar, load up with 10s on each side, and start to squat. It tickles me almost as much as the guy I saw a few weeks ago using his straps to do bicep curls...
Mugen910 10:58 AM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
They have foam pads at your gym? Do any actual men train there? :-)

Seriously though, I think the only thing it does is prevent the formation of calluses at your normal bar placement spot. If the bar spot is causing you pain, move the bar.

I love watching the people who put the pad on the smith machine bar, load up with 10s on each side, and start to squat. It tickles me almost as much as the guy I saw a few weeks ago using his straps to do bicep curls...
No! :-)
PeteSB75 11:02 AM 09-25-2009
You coming down for the Big Apple herf, Bao?
Mugen910 11:03 AM 09-25-2009
You coming down for the Big Apple herf, Bao?
Wrong thread Petey...:-)

Maybe..not sure.
PeteSB75 11:47 AM 09-25-2009
Wrong thread Petey...:-)

Maybe..not sure.
What Not Sure may look like:

Gotta do better than that...
Mugen910 11:52 AM 09-25-2009
What Not Sure may look like:

Gotta do better than that...
:-):-):-)
DavenportESQ 09:15 AM 09-26-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hEEj...eature=popular
:-):-):-):-):-):
The Professor 09:26 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hEEj...eature=popular
:-):-):-):-):-):
OMG! LoL!!!!
icehog3 09:36 AM 09-26-2009
No alcohol or supplements? If I abide by this, can I be a dork like Scooby some day too?
The Professor 09:37 AM 09-26-2009
I'll contribute a more serious video to all of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2yEnzD0jc

Pretty amazing to be hitting those numbers raw ... especially as a bodybuilder.

PS, this guy reminds me a little bit of The Admiral. :-)
icehog3 09:45 AM 09-26-2009
Dude is jacked!
The Professor 10:06 AM 09-26-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Dude is jacked!
Indeed he is ... in every sense of the term.

There's an interview -- post lifting with Muscular Development -- where he's joking around a bunch. He also talks about how he tweaked his ham on one of the squat attempts. Had he not, who knows what his bench and deadlift would have looked like. Another 50 pounds on his total? 80?

Sick. :-)
dogface_313 10:46 AM 09-26-2009
That video is pretty insane! That guy is huge, and incredibly strong. He is certainly powerful, but I would love to see what his agility, and speed look like though
Page 133 of 350
« First < 3383123131132133 134135143183233 > Last »
Up