Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 133 of 351
« First < 3383123131132133 134135143183233 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show your latest NC purchase!
issues 09:22 PM 01-27-2010
Another purchase I made tonight at the CAO Liberty event at Tampa Humidor:

The hat the shirt came with the box along with 10% off and a five pack sampler (I smoked most of the sample though) :-).

With my 10% buyer’s club discount, this wasn't a painful one. :-)
elderboy02 09:39 PM 01-27-2010
Nice purchase!
issues 09:52 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Nice purchase!
Thanks and with all the discounts it came out to $5.20 a stick with a free fiver!

These babies are stronger than I remember!!!
Goldie 10:44 PM 01-27-2010
The only LX2 that I have tried was a bit of a let down I hate to say. It had such a tight draw I could hardly take a pull on it. I should revisit one, as I think I just picked up a dud.

Heck of a score though, $5.20 apiece with some swag and freebies, not a bad deal my friend.
whodeeni 10:59 PM 01-27-2010
Hey Brothers, Just wanted to update you and let you know that I went back.
Above the counter they have a no refund/no return policy. The wife brought
that up, and the husband stated that he didn't know me and that i possibly
could have done something to the cigar, and he wouldn't be comfortable putting it back in his humidor and reselling them.

There were other unbanded cigars that had the same moldy look to them, and they both swore up and down that mold is blue or green. NOT WHITE!!! (Go Figure Right):-)

So his offer in compromise was to "Split it and give me a refund of 25.00"
I paid 55 and some change and half would have been 27.50 but I just said
Fugh It!:-)

I explained to him that I had over 1000.00 worth of boxes (of cigars) sitting out in my truck and that I wasn't some petty NEWBIE smoker, but i opted to just part ways and never go back.

He gave me a beer, and a punch maduro rothschild to try and win me over as
a remaining customer, but it's not going down....

So the cookie crumbles... You win some, you lose some!:-)
Adriftpanda 11:07 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
could have done something to the cigar, and he wouldn't be comfortable putting it back in his humidor and reselling them.

There were other unbanded cigars that had the same moldy look to them, and they both swore up and down that mold is blue or green. NOT WHITE!!! (Go Figure Right):-)

I explained to him that I had over 1000.00 worth of boxes (of cigars) sitting out in my truck and that I wasn't some petty NEWBIE smoker, but i opted to just part ways and never go back.

Hey, you went back there and did what you should have done, which was to return those cigars and get your refund. Although you didn't get your refund, letting them know that mold is not okay to sell to customers, was the main thing. Good job, I'm sure other stores would love to have you as their customers.
Goldie 11:09 PM 01-27-2010
That is definitely disappointing to hear. Someone earlier made the comment of taking a picture and forwarding it along to Pete Johnson to show what condition his product is being sold in. It might not be a bad idea.

Edit to add: Yeah what Huy said.
maverickdrinker 11:41 PM 01-27-2010
I would definately recommend sending a picture of the cigars to Pete and informing him of the store that sold them to you. There is no way a cigar manufacturer would like to have their products sold in such a manner. Bad for business and has reputational risk as well.

Sorry to hear that they didn't treat you well. Should warn others not to frequent their establishment, seeing the way that they store cigars and treat their customers.

Good Luck.
whodeeni 12:00 AM 01-28-2010
Done!

Originally Posted by maverickdrinker:
I would definately recommend sending a picture of the cigars to Pete and informing him of the store that sold them to you. There is no way a cigar manufacturer would like to have their products sold in such a manner. Bad for business and has reputational risk as well.

Sorry to hear that they didn't treat you well. Should warn others not to frequent their establishment, seeing the way that they store cigars and treat their customers.

Good Luck.

troutbreath 04:45 AM 01-28-2010

Good Luck.

Good work, Who. This is the best option if the local vendor will not make things right.
longknocker 04:54 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
That is definitely disappointing to hear. Someone earlier made the comment of taking a picture and forwarding it along to Pete Johnson to show what condition his product is being sold in. It might not be a bad idea.

Edit to add: Yeah what Huy said.
That's What I Would Do!:-) Sorry For Your Loss, Brother.:-)
elderboy02 04:57 AM 01-28-2010

Good Luck.
:-) I am pissed off just reading this. Hopefully he will lose his Tatuaje account. What a POS owner. I would tell every single person that you know to avoid him at all costs. He will not be in business long if he is a jerk to all his customers like that.

What is the name of the B&M? I want to make sure that I don't go to his store if I ever get to ATL.
Salvelinus 05:27 AM 01-28-2010
Sorry to hear they didn't give you a full refund. I wouldn't have even taken the $25 after he said he didn't know what you (the untrustworthy customer) might have done to his cigars when you left. Let every smoker you know never to go back to that place.
Chris. 05:58 AM 01-28-2010
That's bullshit. Send Pete Johnson an email...

Here's his facebook page if you dont have it already.
http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.ph...9717942&ref=ts
eber 07:02 AM 01-28-2010
that is unfortunate, however someone who is willing to sell smokes in that condition is probably not going to have the best customer service
darkninja67 07:32 AM 01-28-2010
That is just nuts a B&M or anyone would actually sell sticks in that condition.
duckmanco 08:15 AM 01-28-2010
That is total nonsense, and just a sh*tty way of doing business. I would totally send the pictures to Tatuaje and make them aware of it.
Col. Kurtz 08:22 AM 01-28-2010
And yet B&M's scratch their head and wonder why they lose business.. :-)
BryanB 08:28 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
And yet B&M's scratch their head and wonder why they lose business.. :-)
It's amazing. :-)
itsme_timd 08:35 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:

Excel, as you may be aware from the issue I had with another B&M, we can spread the word and make a difference. Since this is Atlanta we have the C4 Club as a network to a lot of BOTL in the area.

Please share the info with everyone on the B&M and with your permission I will do the same. I'm familiar with the shop you purchased these at and have heard other stories about them.

Sorry about the way this was handled, we've got some excellent B&M's in the area but a couple that don't operate at the same standards.

I've also created a listing for them on CigarFriendly.us, if you get the time please post a comment there on the store http://cigarfriendly.us/view.asp?ID=610.
Page 133 of 351
« First < 3383123131132133 134135143183233 > Last »
Up