Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 132 of 350
« First < 3282122130131132 133134142182232 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
The Professor 08:41 AM 09-22-2009
grip & traps day

underhand close-grip rows: 45# x 10, 95 x 10, 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6, 175 x 5
db farmer's walks (20 yards ea): 75# x 1, 80 x 3, 85 x 1
one-arm underhand pulldown + hold to failure: 2 "sets" at 75lbs
shrugs: 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 10, 365 x 8, 405 x 6, 455 x 1/hold
ghetto reverse hypers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Starscream 05:09 PM 09-22-2009
Leg day finally. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow. It's already tough to go down stairs.
DavenportESQ 05:19 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Leg day finally. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow. It's already tough to go down stairs.
Wait till you sit down to poo
The Professor 05:28 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Wait till you sit down to poo
rofl!

yeah ... that's a biotch. LoL!

OK ... my question for Dave and others: what are your favorite Good Morning variations (if you like more than one)?

Keep in mind, I'm at (in the words of an employee) a "princess gym" ... so no bands or chains until I buy some of my own. :-)
DavenportESQ 06:52 PM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
rofl!

yeah ... that's a biotch. LoL!

OK ... my question for Dave and others: what are your favorite Good Morning variations (if you like more than one)?

Keep in mind, I'm at (in the words of an employee) a "princess gym" ... so no bands or chains until I buy some of my own. :-)
I go really light, and do squat good mornings. So basically when I bend over at the waist I am also bending at the knee. Then to come up I really drive my hips forward and lead with a nice pelvic thrust! I keep this really light, and at a moderate speed concentrating on the movement

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength...ves/dtate3.htm

Thats a great read for anyone, but somewhere close to the middle you will find a few variations of Good AM's
Mugen910 06:53 PM 09-22-2009
chest and I worked the area most people call biceps..I call them twigs. :-)
The Professor 08:28 PM 09-22-2009
I go really light, and do squat good mornings. So basically when I bend over at the waist I am also bending at the knee. Then to come up I really drive my hips forward and lead with a nice pelvic thrust! I keep this really light, and at a moderate speed concentrating on the movement

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength...ves/dtate3.htm

Thats a great read for anyone, but somewhere close to the middle you will find a few variations of Good AM's
Great, now I have "The Time Warp" (from Rocky Horror) in my head. Jackass. :-)

Thanks for the link. I've seen that before but never bookmarked it. Tate's rad.

I'll probably do some regular GMs with close stance and wide stance. We'll see what my body tells me tomorrow. :-)
Starscream 05:40 AM 09-23-2009
Not as sore as expected today. I was expecting to be wlking funny, but I'm ok today.:-)
Starchild 06:48 AM 09-23-2009
The warm up morning was 1600m row, 40 knees to elbows.

Workout was:

9 ring dips
15 cleans (#75)
120 jumprope

did 3 rounds of that in 16:13. Wanted to do another round, but I was gassed, and had to get to work.
The Professor 07:02 AM 09-23-2009
Not as sore as expected today. I was expecting to be wlking funny, but I'm ok today.:-)
The second day after is the worst with legs. You're not in the clear yet. :-)

Deadlifts and random sh*t today. It was mediocre. I need the time off....
King James 07:33 AM 09-23-2009
Well I think it is about time. After probably a month hiatus from the weight room, I am going to return today.

I don't really have a good excuse as to why I stopped going. A combination of school, work, and being lazy I suppose. For me, and maybe for alot of people, I find that when it comes to lifting.... if you do it every day, it is REALLY hard to miss a day.... but if you stop doing it, it is REALLY hard to go again.

Hopefully I can get in there the rest of the week and work it back into my schedule to where it feels weird if I don't go, instead of making excuses not to go.
DavenportESQ 07:35 AM 09-23-2009
not as sore as expected today. I was expecting to be wlking funny, but i'm ok today.:-)
doms!!!!!!!
The Professor 08:00 AM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Hopefully I can get in there the rest of the week and work it back into my schedule to where it feels weird if I don't go, instead of making excuses not to go.
:-)

and that "weirdness" is the most important part. I feel "off" mentally if I don't go in. the hardest thing about this trip I'm about to take is that I've resolved to not go into the gym at all -- not even for cardio (mainly because I know I couldn't just do cardio).

good luck getting back to that place. :-)
King James 09:11 AM 09-23-2009

good luck getting back to that place. :-)
I find it takes me only a week, maybe two, to get back on schedule....so hopefully I can be back in swing by the end of next week.
DavenportESQ 09:28 AM 09-23-2009
Im finally starting to get back to that happy place as well. Its taken me longer than I would have liked, but today was my best workout since I have been back. Nothing crazy weight or exercise wise, but just great intensity the whole time. and I really achieved what I was going for. Pretty stoked
The Professor 10:01 AM 09-23-2009
Im finally starting to get back to that happy place as well. Its taken me longer than I would have liked, but today was my best workout since I have been back. Nothing crazy weight or exercise wise, but just great intensity the whole time. and I really achieved what I was going for. Pretty stoked
Rad. :-)
Starscream 10:50 AM 09-23-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Well I think it is about time. After probably a month hiatus from the weight room, I am going to return today.

I don't really have a good excuse as to why I stopped going. A combination of school, work, and being lazy I suppose. For me, and maybe for alot of people, I find that when it comes to lifting.... if you do it every day, it is REALLY hard to miss a day.... but if you stop doing it, it is REALLY hard to go again.

I'm in the same boat as you right now. No excuse, but I have to get back into the routine to keep from not wanting to go.
The second day after is the worst with legs. You're not in the clear yet. :-)

Deadlifts and random sh*t today. It was mediocre. I need the time off....
I think I may have spoken too soon, Dokk. The more I walk around class today, the sorer my quads are becoming.

Off day today, tomorrow will be chest and triceps.
BigFrank 01:38 PM 09-23-2009
For good mornings I just load the bar up with 135 and use super strict form 15-20 reps. Ass way out legs close knees barely bent.
King James 01:45 PM 09-24-2009
workout went alot better then I thought it would yesterday. Can't go today....but tomorrow should be clear
Mugen910 01:51 PM 09-24-2009
Back and triceps last night...tonite is shoulders and Legs..gonna see if dead lifts work for me tonite too.

Not really planning to bulk but it just happens since it's manly nature to want to go bigger and heavier...

Quick question..would it be better for weight loss to do a tad lighter weights/longer reps and 4 sets or does heavy weights/short reps and 3 sets help burn fat faster cuz growing muscles burn more calories?
Page 132 of 350
« First < 3282122130131132 133134142182232 > Last »
Up