He has only blown 6 this year.
:-):-):-)

ONLY six...:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:51 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
:-):-):-)

ONLY six...:-)
Even the top closers have blown at least 4. I mean, Cordero doesn't make it easy to watch, but he does get saves.
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 05:31 AM 08-18-2011
I'm not one to BRAG about "saves"....so let me get this straight, a starting pitcher "aka Cueto" can pitch 8 innings, give up the one run on six hits with no walks and five strikeouts....Cordero, who's only job is to pitch for 3 outs, not 24 outs.....T H R E E ! Loads the bases with one out only to be "saved" by Phillips stopping that shot up the middle by Gomes, that was bobbled by Janish who then "saves" himself and CoCo again by being able to complete the double play. So who was it that made the "save" Dan? Out of everyone on both teams, CoCo is not my nomination for getting the save, but he was infact saved by the rest of the team!

This post was so awesome, everyone should Quote it! FTW!
[Reply]
waffle 06:41 AM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk:
I'm not one to BRAG about "saves"....so let me get this straight, a starting pitcher "aka Cueto" can pitch 8 innings, give up the one run on six hits with no walks and five strikeouts....Cordero, who's only job is to pitch for 3 outs, not 24 outs.....T H R E E ! Loads the bases with one out only to be "saved" by Phillips stopping that shot up the middle by Gomes, that was bobbled by Janish who then "saves" himself and CoCo again by being able to complete the double play. So who was it that made the "save" Dan? Out of everyone on both teams, CoCo is not my nomination for getting the save, but he was infact saved by the rest of the team!

FTW!

Just for you :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:04 AM 08-18-2011
Cordero will not pitch a ninth inning without allowing at least a few base runners. Usually allowing a run and putting some runners on second or third. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:14 PM 08-18-2011

That's the problem with pitching stats to begin with. Why are pitchers evaluated on wins and saves when in fact, they don't win the game by themselves, nor do they save the game by themselves either.

For me, a good pitcher is based mainly on ERA and WHIP. Those aren't the only factors, as we all know, but wins are overrated when it comes to pitching stats. Especially with small market teams.

If Cueto played for Phillie, NYY, Atlanta, or Boston, he'd have a helluva lot more wins than he does now based on his performance alone.

BTW, strikeouts are overrated too.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:15 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Even the top closers have blown at least 4. I mean, Cordero doesn't make it easy to watch, but he does get saves.
This many sound hypocritical after my last post, but I agree with you here. He has gotten the job done, despite all the nail-biters he puts us through.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:00 PM 08-18-2011
One thing hasn't changed: Jonny Gomes is still helping Arroyo lose ballgames.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:30 PM 08-18-2011
One thing hasn't changed: Jonny Gomes is still helping Arroyo lose ballgames.:-)
One thing hasn't changed, Stubbs still loves striking out. 0'fer again, 2 K's more toward the record books, 14 up on the league now :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:41 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
One thing hasn't changed, Stubbs still loves striking out. 0'fer again, 2 K's more toward the record books, 14 up on the league now :-)
If you're gonna lead the league, then you gotta do it right. He needs to work on striking out looking more. He had a good one tonight. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:24 AM 08-19-2011
If you're gonna lead the league, then you gotta do it right. He needs to work on striking out looking more. He had a good one tonight. :-)
If pitchers threw him strikes he would have many more strikeouts. He loves watching pitches and sometimes he ends up getting a walk instead of a strikeout. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:49 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
If pitchers threw him strikes he would have many more strikeouts. He loves watching pitches and sometimes he ends up getting a walk instead of a strikeout. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:11 PM 08-21-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:43 PM 08-21-2011
13.5 Games back! :-)

Nothing like "stealing" a win on a blown call at second base. :-)

Drew Stubbs goes 0'fer and the Reds win and adds to his strikeout total :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:56 AM 08-22-2011
Just saw that was the first series win against the Pirates this year. Man, this team is bad, good follow up to the Division Championship. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:03 PM 08-23-2011
Alonso at first tonight. He's looking good offensively so far.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:43 PM 08-23-2011
Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:05 PM 08-23-2011
13.5 Games Back :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:31 PM 08-24-2011
Stubbs better pick up his strikeout total if he wants to beat the MLB record. Heck he is in danger of not even making it to 200 at this point. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:58 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by Homerboy02:
Reds Win! Reds Win! (Insert 5 Smilies)
Stubbs 0-4 with 2 K's, gotta get to that record Drew :-)

Has Cordero had a 1-2-3 9th inning this season? :-) He loves putting people on base and in scoring position. If he had more save opportunities, he would have surely blown more by now. :-)
[Reply]
Page 131 of 225
« First < 3181121129130131 132133141181 > Last »
Up