Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 129
« First < 3111213 14152363113 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
kayaker 11:09 AM 02-02-2009
Way to go Andy!!! Keep up the good work. :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 02:18 PM 02-02-2009
Congratulations Andy!!!!!

Me I went jogging sat and sun. 4.5 someodd miles doing about 1hr 15min. I will get back down to the 55min mark :-) I know i started out at about 330lbs. And when i was doing things right, eating healthy and jogging twice a week and lifting twice a week i was down to 280lbs. that is my goal again.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:33 PM 02-02-2009
Originally Posted by bonjing:
Congratulations Andy!!!!!

Me I went jogging sat and sun. 4.5 someodd miles doing about 1hr 15min. I will get back down to the 55min mark :-) I know i started out at about 330lbs. And when i was doing things right, eating healthy and jogging twice a week and lifting twice a week i was down to 280lbs. that is my goal again.
I tried jogging for a while, but I get tired out too easily and always jogging for a short peice, then walking most of the time.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:11 AM 02-03-2009
down 3.5 since my last weigh-in
[Reply]
Starscream 07:05 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
down 3.5 since my last weigh-in
Good news! Keep it up.
[Reply]
AdamC 07:10 AM 02-03-2009
Didn't take super bowl off for alcohol? :-)
Sounds like you are doing good Andy.

I would like to lose weight, but I don't have the drive for it. If I don't eat a lot I feel like I am going to starve. Even my girl begs me to stop. just can't :-)

Anyway, keep up the good work.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:50 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Good news! Keep it up.
thank you, a good month for both of us, as I lost 8.5 lbs :-) wish I could keep that pace
[Reply]
Starscream 10:34 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
thank you, a good month for both of us, as I lost 8.5 lbs :-) wish I could keep that pace
You're beating my wife, Perry. She's only lost 7lbs total. Any loss is a good gain.
[Reply]
kayaker 11:07 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by AdamC:
I would like to lose weight, but I don't have the drive for it. If I don't eat a lot I feel like I am going to starve.
Try reducing what you eat by just a little bit. Drastic changes in your diet might be too much, but if you decrease in small steps it might be less noticeable.

You can also try increasing your activity level. Find something you like and it will be easier to stick with.

I'm going to be trying out some of the active games on the Wii to see how they will be over time.

I know first hand that the boxing game gets you quite active. Now I just have to see if it will be something to hold my interest for the longer haul.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:29 PM 02-03-2009
You're beating my wife, Perry. She's only lost 7lbs total. Any loss is a good gain.
yes it is, even with crappy weekends in there. :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 02:39 AM 02-04-2009
Spent a couple of hours at the climbing gym today. I had a big supper at a great Italian restaurant, but tried to keep it sensible.

I should be on track for a small loss this week, but better than the last couple of weigh-ins.

Gotta keep active.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 09:53 AM 02-05-2009
Finally had a better week.

Dropped 2.6.:-)

I'm hitting the climbing gym again this evening, and on Saturday. I'm starting to add assisted pull ups (easier to get more reps) and push ups to the end of my sessions. I've been feeling that for the last couple of days, but it's a good feeling.

Now I just need to keep the eating under a bit of control this weekend and I may see another drop next week.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:59 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Finally had a better week.

Dropped 2.6.:-)

I'm hitting the climbing gym again this evening, and on Saturday. I'm starting to add assisted pull ups (easier to get more reps) and push ups to the end of my sessions. I've been feeling that for the last couple of days, but it's a good feeling.

Now I just need to keep the eating under a bit of control this weekend and I may see another drop next week.
Awesome, Ian! 2.6 is a good loss. Keep it up.

Hopefully gonna have lambchops tonight. Never had lamb before. I hear it's good.
[Reply]
kayaker 02:12 PM 02-05-2009
Awesome, Ian! 2.6 is a good loss. Keep it up.

Hopefully gonna have lambchops tonight. Never had lamb before. I hear it's good.
Lamb is good. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:52 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Lamb is good. Enjoy.
Lamb is good.
I think I overdid it yesterday w/ three peices of lamb, a whole lot of oven roasted potatoes, and cheese biscuits (the ones like Red Lobster has). Haven't done much exercise at all this week. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the weigh-in on Monday.
[Reply]
goalie204 06:06 AM 02-06-2009
today was my first weigh in day on WW, total weight loss 3.9 LBS, not bad for a week, and doing little to zero exercise
[Reply]
12stones 06:34 AM 02-06-2009
No loss for me this week. Still at 205, but I ain't complainin'. Here's a good recipe for my fellow low-carbers (or if you just like a good chili):

Texas Chili (modified from 6 Ingredients or Less: Low Carb Cooking):

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
2 small green peppers chopped
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilis
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp salt

Brown ground beef and onions; drain. Place in slow cooker along with remaining ingrediants. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.

Let me tell you, this is some good stuff right here. Made enough to last me all week, throw on some reduced-fat cheddar and you gots a good meal.
[Reply]
Shaerza 07:09 AM 02-06-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
No loss for me this week. Still at 205, but I ain't complainin'. Here's a good recipe for my fellow low-carbers (or if you just like a good chili):

Texas Chili (modified from 6 Ingredients or Less: Low Carb Cooking):

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
2 small green peppers chopped
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilis
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp salt

Brown ground beef and onions; drain. Place in slow cooker along with remaining ingrediants. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.

Let me tell you, this is some good stuff right here. Made enough to last me all week, throw on some reduced-fat cheddar and you gots a good meal.
I may have to give this recipe a try since I am in need of another stash of chili. Think I will probably try it with ground turkey to make it even better for me. Ive been slipping lately and hit up to my 'panic' weight so I have jumped back into dieting mode :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 08:10 AM 02-06-2009
that sounds good, i just was gifted a slow cooker and cant wait to try er out
[Reply]
piperman 08:19 AM 02-06-2009
What is the average points for a person.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 129
« First < 3111213 14152363113 > Last »
Up