[Reply]
Gophernut 05:59 PM 10-18-2012
Went out with a very loud whimper.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:22 PM 10-18-2012
Sorry Dom...well, not really. :-) :-)
[Reply]
yachties23 08:05 PM 10-18-2012
Looks like we are both playing golf now :-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:23 PM 10-18-2012
Such a lame ALCS Congrats to the Tigers! I feel sorry for the Baltimore Orioles they deserved a shot at the Tigers and would have made it a more interesting ALCS.
[Reply]
Remo 08:33 PM 10-18-2012
That was one ugly series.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 10:02 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Such a lame ALCS Congrats to the Tigers! I feel sorry for the Baltimore Orioles they deserved a shot at the Tigers and would have made it a more interesting ALCS.
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
PCR 11:07 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
You ain't kidding. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:53 PM 10-18-2012
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
The way the Tigers starting pitchers performed, that is debateable. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:35 PM 10-20-2012
This could be a busy off season for the Yankees.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Poet 01:15 PM 10-20-2012
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
This could be a busy off season for the Yankees.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, and for every move they try to make, some Yankee-hating SOB will start moanin' and cryin' about how they're "buying the championship" or some such crap, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Well, they can all kiss my hairy white @$$. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:26 PM 10-20-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Yeah, and for every move they try to make, some Yankee-hating SOB will start moanin' and cryin' about how they're "buying the championship" or some such crap, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Well, they can all kiss my hairy white @$$. :-)
Buying that championship didn't work out too well this year, did it? :-) :-)

And everyone knows I'm the biggest Yankee-hating SOB. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:00 PM 10-20-2012
Why do people continue to ignore the facts, or at least select which facts to recall? For example, the Yankees were not the first to sign one of those mega-contracts that plague many teams these days, and began all these complaints from small-market teams whining they cannot compete. That distinction goes to the Rangers, who signed A-Rod away from the Mariners. Also, for every team that "buys" a player, there's some team that "sells" that player too. And this goes back at least to 1921, when the Red Sox sold Babe Ruth to New York, which started 86 years of frustration in Fenway. So why should the buyer get all the blame, while the seller skates?

Hey, how many big deals did the Mets make in recent years (Santana, Beltran, etc.) which didn't end in success, and how many potential stars (like Rios) did they refrain from ponying-up the cake needed to retain them, and again with no aid to their success?

It is easier to throw rocks accurately at others once you take the log out of your own eyes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:29 PM 10-20-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Hey, how many big deals did the Mets make in recent years (Santana, Beltran, etc.) which didn't end in success, and how many potential stars (like Rios) did they refrain from ponying-up the cake needed to retain them, and again with no aid to their success?

It is easier to throw rocks accurately at others once you take the log out of your own eyes.
My Mets have made more than their share of bad deals with overpriced, over the hill free agents. Make sure that you don't forget Jason Bays' sorry a$$ in mentioning huge contracts that didn't pan out. :-) :-)

Major difference is that the Yankees ALWAYS spend the money...most other MLB teams can only afford to spend the big money every few years.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:32 PM 10-20-2012
I'll bet the Yankees will just try to buy a championship this off season.

[Reply]
MedicCook 12:02 PM 11-13-2012
The Yankees off season is going very slow so far. They picked up the options on Cano & Granderson for 2013. BorAss would not discuss an extension on Cano so he will be testing the market after the season. They should look into trading Granderson for some pitching prospects. Mo is coming back as long as they can get a contract settled. Swisher is gone and will probably not return. They want Martin back but he is being looked at by multiple teams. Pettitte has not decided what he is doing yet. They are looking to bring Ichiro back and looking at Torii Hunter if he takes a 1 year offer. Still a lot of holes to fill especially in the starting rotation. Jeter should be readh for spring training.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
x man 04:13 PM 11-13-2012
We will still be good.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3111213 1415 >
Up