Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 82
« First < 3111213 14152363 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
rebelknight 10:02 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Sharks continue to do well despite having either the worst or second worse PK in the league.
They need to fix that crap. It's ugly viewing.
I've been happy with the results in their games. Haven't been able to watch any though. I do know that following the scores online is a little scary. They seem to find themselves in a hole a lot or blowing multiple goal leads. Wish they played with a bit more consistency. Luckily it is a long season.
357 11:20 AM 11-09-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Avs lose.... Boooooooo
I must disagree. :-) Wings get two wins after that skid. I hope they can keep it up.
Ahbroody 12:47 PM 11-09-2011
no
E.J. 10:04 PM 11-10-2011
Nice roll after being down 3-0... Go AVS!
Bruins Fan 03:18 AM 11-11-2011
Four straight for the B's just crushing their NHL victims by a 24-8 scoring margin. :-)
Should be a good one Saturday night against the Sabers :-)
kugie 07:01 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Four straight for the B's just crushing their NHL victims by a 24-8 scoring margin. :-)
:-)
Ahbroody 10:47 AM 11-11-2011
So I guess the sky isn't falling for now and you don't need to fire the coach and blow the team up for a few weeks.

Sharks doing well. Starting to look like the West winner like some are saying.
Bruins Fan 12:27 PM 11-11-2011
[quote]
So I guess the sky isn't falling for now and you don't need to fire the coach and blow the team up for a few weeks.
Julien has changed his coaching style during the Montreal series last season he was one loss from the hi-way and know will call a player out if he is not producing.

I am willing to bet you will see Krejic or Rask traded by the trading deadline?

All is well in New England at least this week :-)
icehog3 01:00 PM 11-11-2011
Sharks doing well. Starting to look like the West winner like some are saying.
As in Western Conference? Who you listening to, Mike? :-) :-)
Eleven 10:15 AM 11-12-2011
With as well as the Penguins are doing, I'm starting to think that Crosby should take the regular season off!

:-)

Ok not really but boy are they tearing it up with what they have.
Ahbroody 02:56 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
As in Western Conference? Who you listening to, Mike? :-) :-)
Some of the talking heads on NHL Network have picked them. Think Weeks did the other night also. To me this is a better team then the team that won the west a few years ago. In watching them the addition on Burns Havlat Handzus have been upgrades for sure. Colin White is the only addition that is questionable at this point. I think this is a better team then last years team and I know your getting up there in age and the mind starts going, but San Jose finished 2nd last year. They got better and I don't think the Canucks did. Head down moment ....Not sure if you confused the Sharks with the Hawks who snuck in last year because the Wild beat the Stars :-), but the Sharks are to me a top 3 team with a good chance of winning the west. Just don't think a jump from second to first is laughable giving what they added.
357 12:16 PM 11-14-2011
Wings rattle off 5 wins in a row but lose Ian White to a fractured cheekbone.
icehog3 01:51 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
Wings rattle off 5 wins in a row but lose Ian White to a fractured cheekbone.
Hawks lost Seabrook last night to a "lower body" injury, hopefully short term.

Hawks are #1 in ESPN.com's NHL Power Rankings. :-)
Bruins Fan 01:53 PM 11-14-2011
The Bruins are streaking with five straight, and Tyler Seguin wins NHL's First Star of the Week.
Julien has turned this kid lose I think he will pot 40?
Ahbroody 11:49 PM 11-14-2011
Suprised lucic didn't get anything for running into Miller. It's a fine line, but he made no effort to avoid and even got his elbows up.

If someone ran Thomas like that I imagine some people would be calling for someone's head. With Bostons head injury history seems funny. Glad Miller didn't end up with a concussion. Was suprised Lucic did that.

Edit: sitting on back porch having a cigar watching the jets lightninng replay. Bigbuf is still the stuff.
icehog3 01:09 AM 11-15-2011
Glad Miller didn't end up with a concussion.
ESPN.conm and NHL.com are both reporting that Miller does have a concussion.
Bruins Fan 03:07 AM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
ESPN.conm and NHL.com are both reporting that Miller does have a concussion.

If Lucic wanted to really run Miller he would have knocked him into tomorrow.

Arms were in, shoulder to shoulder hit no head shot,yes his mask came off but his head did not hit the ice.
He didn't get hurt on that play?

Miller hasn't been playing well and just looking for an excuse? He stayed in the game until he was pulled because he was getting shelled.

Concussed players don't keep their team sitting on the bus waiting while you run your mouth to the media.
The B's head to Buffalo next week for a rematch should be an interesting game?

I think it will be a clean well played game,but the Bruins have more then enough dance partners if the Sabers want to go that way?
Sled Dog 08:39 AM 11-15-2011
Bush league play by Lucic. It's a polarizing hit for sure. Bruin fans say Lucic had no choice and didn't mean to bury Miller, as a Sabre fan, no way can I buy that. Lucic is no lumbering goon, he is a skilled player and can stop on a dime. Shoulder to shoulder hit is fine on a defenseman, not on a goalie. With that line of thinking, what happens if Kaleta goes shoulder to shoulder on Thomas.... it's clean?
Bruins Fan 09:09 AM 11-15-2011
If a goalie wants to play that far out of the net be prepared, it maters not who the net minder is, Thomas, Miller. It's Hockey.
Apparently the NHL office didn't think it was a big deal, Lucic got his two minutes worth.
icehog3 09:16 AM 11-15-2011
If Lucic wanted to really run Miller he would have knocked him into tomorrow.
I never said Lucic ran him, I said he was concussed.

Listen, if you truly think that Lucic didn't run him though, you are a true homer. Bruin, please. :-)
Page 13 of 82
« First < 3111213 14152363 > Last »
Up