Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 104
« First < 3111213 14152363 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
stevefrench 06:53 AM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Tough loss for the Bruins yesterday. Hurts when both teams are playing well and the game is decided when a good player makes a couple of stupid rookie mistakes. On another note, since I got HDTV, I find that I am enjoying watching hockey much more. Is it just me or is this a common experience?
It's a common experience and tough to watch sports on TV that isn't HD.
bugmenot 01:28 PM 01-18-2009
Didn't get a chance to see the sharks game, but will hopefully get to see a replay of it.

Watching sports in non HD sucks. The sharks often get shafted by the Warriors, and I'm stuck watching it on non hd. Its worse when it is non hd on a hd tv, than a non hd tv.
taltos 03:04 PM 01-18-2009
I have noticed that the HD makes more of a difference in hockey and golf and less in football. Will be curious to see baseball in HD.
bugmenot 03:03 PM 01-21-2009
Anybody up north going to the all star game, or any of the events dealing with it?
Beer Doctor 04:53 PM 01-21-2009
Some lucky Blackhawk fan hit the jackpot!! He was sitting in 326 so it seems he probably needed the money too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,135899
smokeyandthebandit05 08:17 AM 01-22-2009
Devils moved into first place in the Atlantic conference!
Partagaspete 10:29 AM 01-22-2009
WTH Over!!!!

Isles may move to K.C. I hope those Hempstead Dems get off it and agree. I wonder how more jobs and more revenue could hurt.

ARRRRRGGGGGG! Vent over.

T
glassjapan 05:04 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by glassjapan:
Have you seen the starters for the All-Star Game? The Canadian's fans gotta be suffering from finger-clicking-strain. Komisarek? Kovalev???
And the west isn't much better, but I can see giving Tom's Blackhawk brothers a pass since it's been a while. :-)
Thinking maybe they better find a different way of voting from now on, because even some of the reserve picks weren't much better.
I guess I'll eat a little crow since Kovalev stepped up and snagged the MVP honors. 2 breakaway goals and an assist, plus a shootout goal. Nice moment for him playing in front of his home crowd. Kane and Toews each bagging a goal too...But Malkin's between the legs goal was sweet!
icehog3 11:43 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by glassjapan:
I guess I'll eat a little crow since Kovalev stepped up and snagged the MVP honors. 2 breakaway goals and an assist, plus a shootout goal. Nice moment for him playing in front of his home crowd. Kane and Toews each bagging a goal too...But Malkin's between the legs goal was sweet!
Good performance for Kovalev for sure. Like you said Gary, kind of cool in front of the home crowd.
bugmenot 08:36 PM 01-27-2009
Good performance, but still a joke on the two teams.

Hopefully the next half of the year will be exciting. Wondering what is going to happen in the West. The Stars have slowly worked their way towards a playoff spot, and the Canucks have their goalie back, sure be an exciting couple months.
Prefy 09:35 PM 01-28-2009
Hey Tom, looks like I have even more reason to make my way to Chicago. My buddy Flats just was hired on as Developmental Goaltending Coach for your beloved Hawks.
smokeyandthebandit05 07:43 PM 01-29-2009
devils beat boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SmokeyJoe 11:50 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Devils moved into first place in the Atlantic conference!
Devils are looking pretty solid!

My Hurricanes lost a tough one to the Rangers the other night... but got a nice win at home against the hapless Lightning tonight. Carolina really needs to get their act together if they are going to make the playoffs. The are flirting with not making it... again. :-)
icehog3 12:07 AM 01-30-2009
Ladd hasn't scored for a month, Joe, and the Hawks are looking pretty mediocre the last month as well. :-)
SmokeyJoe 12:14 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ladd hasn't scored for a month, Joe, and the Hawks are looking pretty mediocre the last month as well. :-)
Ladd is an enigma... got all the skills, but he seems to just "check out" for portions of the season. :-)

Wish he could get it together.
icehog3 12:24 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Ladd is an enigma... got all the skills, but he seems to just "check out" for portions of the season. :-)

Wish he could get it together.

So do I, Joe! :-)
taltos 07:06 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
devils beat boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tough game to lose last night. Bruins were out skated by the Devils. Nice win for you guys.
bugmenot 11:21 AM 01-30-2009
Coyotes put up a good fight for the sharks last night. The west is going to be exciting near the end. And now the sharks are in first place in the league! I need to get center ice so I can watch all these games, though I did find a website that streams every pro sport on my computer, it isn't the same watching it on a 12 inch screen.
Prefy 01:15 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
Coyotes put up a good fight for the sharks last night. The west is going to be exciting near the end. And now the sharks are in first place in the league! I need to get center ice so I can watch all these games, though I did find a website that streams every pro sport on my computer, it isn't the same watching it on a 12 inch screen.
Ya I watch all my sport streaming but I have a 19 inch monitor in my small room hooked up to surround sound so Its not to bad.

I was watching the Panthers Habs Game last night(which the Habs played terrible)...In Florida $17.50 gets you a ticket to the game, parking, and some sort of combo meal(Drink hot dog and chips I think). Talk about an awesome price point and they still can't get any fans down there. It costs more for just a ticket to a Moose game in Winnipeg(AHL) which average around $20. Not to mention parking is $5 bucks and a combo $10ish. Twice as much for hockey that is a level below the NHL...crazy.

On a side note for my Organizational Theory class I'm righting a paper on the NHL's decision to expand in to non-traditional hockey markets.
smokeyandthebandit05 07:39 PM 01-30-2009
Devils are playin the penguins. Devils trailing 3-2 with 30 seconds to go they score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 13 of 104
« First < 3111213 14152363 > Last »
Up