Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 54
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
G G 03:50 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by Mindflux:
Final release.
Why the mystique?:-)
[Reply]
Mindflux 04:03 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Why the mystique?:-)

No mystique, was posting from phone.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/06/...f-ios4-anyway/

Mac only!
[Reply]
G G 04:07 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by Mindflux:
No mystique, was posting from phone.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2010/06/...f-ios4-anyway/

Mac only!
Cool, I think I know someone who did this now that I think about it.

Thanks for the link.:-)
[Reply]
The Professor 04:10 PM 06-14-2010
I'm not so sure that's ... um ... even remotely legal. Plus, it's relying on a beta of iTunes, which I would be wary of in a "production" environment. Beta = potential for some serious bugs.
[Reply]
Mindflux 04:12 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I'm not so sure that's ... um ... even remotely legal. Plus, it's relying on a beta of iTunes, which I would be wary of in a "production" environment. Beta = potential for some serious bugs.
Gold master OS is final release. iTunes beta works fine, and if it doesn't another week will pass and 9.2 release will hit. No big deal to me. I did the same with the 3.x series with iTunes betas.
[Reply]
G G 04:13 PM 06-14-2010
Well even if I wanted to, I don't have access to a mac anyhow.:-)
[Reply]
jaydub13 04:21 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
It said the same thing to me. I'm gonna go check at&t and see if it's true.
It's true. Generally, if AT&T is waiving the $18 upgrade fee, you are out of contract now. And yes, if you can upgrade to a 3Gs, you can upgrade to a 4.

Oh, and preorders start tomorrow!
[Reply]
jaydub13 04:23 PM 06-14-2010
And any further questions regarding the iPhone 4, go ahead and PM me if you want. I work at an AT&T corporate store.
[Reply]
The Professor 05:42 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by jaydub13:
And any further questions regarding the iPhone 4, go ahead and PM me if you want. I work at an AT&T corporate store.
PM on the way. :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:53 PM 06-14-2010
Think I will pre order tomorrow as well :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 08:06 PM 06-14-2010

This is the same release that registered iPhone developers have had access to for a while now. As to legality, it's a piece of software which has always been available for free running on a device you already own, I fail to see any legal issues there. Besides, the public release is in 6 days so you can always just wait for the full Apple rollout (like those of us on Windows have to anyways).
[Reply]
Samsquanch 08:26 PM 06-14-2010
Pre-order day tomorrow! This will be my first iPhone - I've waited 3 years for a Verizon iPhone and I just can't tolerate my Blackberry any longer. Looking forward to the cool cigar apps that are out there.
[Reply]
The Professor 08:31 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
This is the same release that registered iPhone developers have had access to for a while now. As to legality, it's a piece of software which has always been available for free running on a device you already own, I fail to see any legal issues there. Besides, the public release is in 6 days so you can always just wait for the full Apple rollout (like those of us on Windows have to anyways).
yeah ... in the US it's a violation of copyright law to obtain it in the manner suggested in the link posted earlier. developers may have access; but all y'all ain't developers. also, I didn't say iOS4 was beta. I realize it's the "golden master" version. the iTunes version is beta, however.

why does this thread inspire combativeness? :-)

ho-hum.

I'm just excited that I can pre-order tomorrow! :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 08:35 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by andpeo23:
Pre-order day tomorrow! This will be my first iPhone - I've waited 3 years for a Verizon iPhone and I just can't tolerate my Blackberry any longer. Looking forward to the cool cigar apps that are out there.
my wife and I are in the same boat re: the BB. we liked them at first; but we're ready for our iPhones. :-)
[Reply]
Mindflux 08:47 PM 06-14-2010
So what if iTunes is beta? Most Windows software is alpha at best. :-) I'd still rather run beta iTunes than that crap.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 11:58 PM 06-14-2010
yeah ... in the US it's a violation of copyright law to obtain it in the manner suggested in the link posted earlier. developers may have access; but all y'all ain't developers. also, I didn't say iOS4 was beta. I realize it's the "golden master" version. the iTunes version is beta, however.

why does this thread inspire combativeness? :-)

ho-hum.

I'm just excited that I can pre-order tomorrow! :-)
Wasn't trying to be combative. Just stating that the legal issues are probably not all that significant given the circumstances. The people that Apple would likely go after, if anyone, would be the developers who (presumably) violated the terms of their license agreement by making the beta version of iTunes available to the public.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:03 AM 06-15-2010
my wife and I are in the same boat re: the BB. we liked them at first; but we're ready for our iPhones. :-)
He Finally "Saw The Light"!:-):-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:11 AM 06-15-2010
Woke up this morning to pre-order and the Apple Store is off line. :-)

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:23 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Woke up this morning to pre-order and the Apple Store is off line. :-)

:-)

Busted my balloon!!!
[Reply]
The Professor 05:10 AM 06-15-2010
Apparently it went live during the night and has gone offline again. In other words, they already took numerous pre-orders! :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 54
« First < 3111213 141523 > Last »
Up